Connect with us

Entertainment

200-level Student Wins Car As MTN Thrills UNIBEN With Campus Invasion

Published

on

Edomwonyi Osariemen, a 200-level student of the Faculty of Engineering, won a brand-new 2025 Alsvin Mikano car as MTN Go MAD Campus Invasion hit the University of Benin (UNIBEN). He was one of the hundreds of students who participated in a raffle draw. Other students also won laptops, MTN Mifi, and airtime worth thousands of naira.

The event which was held between September 11 and 13, transformed the school into a hub of entertainment and innovation. In the three days, students explored interactive booths and engaged in workshops designed to empower their skills and ideas, while participating in dance and game shows that kept the audience enraptured.

“I still can’t believe this happened to me. While I participated in the raffle draw, I only came to enjoy the event with my friends, and now I’m leaving with a brand-new car This has changed everything for me,” he said with excitement.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Court Fines MTN Nigeria N840m For Trademark Offence

One of the participants, Daniel, said: “I didn’t win the car, but I won a laptop, and it means a lot. Even beyond the prices, this event gave us confidence to showcase our talents and connect with opportunities.”

Speaking, Oluwafemi Adesina, Youth Segment Manager, MTN Nigeria said the Campus Invasion in UNIBEN was the third location for MTN’s highly anticipated university tour this year.

Advertisement

He said: MTN is a youthful brand, and of the strategic pillars toward the Nigerian youth is empowerment and entertainment — these are the pillars that we use to connect emotionally with the Nigerian youths.

READ ALSO: Alleged Breach: Court Fixes Date For Trial Of MTN’s CEO, Others

“Like I said, we believe so much in empowering young Nigerians, so one of the things we have done differently this year is to make sure that we create an opportunity like this for students. Knowing well that school is an educational institution, students don’t usually see entertainment as something they need to reckon with. So, MTN steps in to bring entertainment as well as empowerment. Employment in the sense that we are aware that young people now have small businesses they do, so we give five to seven students who are into such small businesses the opportunity to showcase their products and services. In trade fare they pay for space, but in our event like this we give such space free of charge.”

Advertisement

He added: “With over a million young students reached over the course of three days, with a wide range of activities – booths for student entrepreneurs, game booths, and many more – the series has become one of the most-talked-about campus events across the country. Plans are underway for the University of Kano as the next stop for the Campus Invasion.”

Entertainment

BBN Star Tega Dominic Breaks Silence On Alleged Affair With Frank Edoho

Published

on

Former Big Brother Naija star, Tega Dominic has addressed claims by Frank Edoho’s estranged wife, Sandra, who accused her and others of affairs with the TV host, even in their home.

In a statement posted via her X handle, Tega explained that her friendship with Edoho started in mid-2025 over social media and a shared birthday wish to her mother, with their only meeting having her manager in attendance.

Her post read, “I honestly did not want to speak on this because I have spent a long time trying to stay away from unnecessary drama, but at this point, my silence is no longer helping. I have absolutely no sexual or emotional relationship with Frank Edoho.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Moment Adekunle Gold Light Up BBNaija S10 Finale With ‘Party No Dey Stop’

“Frank is a great guy and a very good friend of mine. We started talking around mid-last year after he sent birthday wishes to my mum. Like many people in the industry, we already knew each other through social media and mutual familiarity. He is also my kinsman. There was never anything inappropriate between us.

“The first and only time I hung out with Frank was with my manager, Paul Ukonu, present,”she said.

Advertisement

“I have absolutely nothing to hide. And honestly, if I ever had anything to do with Frank romantically, I would say it with my full chest. He was separated at the time, and I am also separated. If you know me, you know I have never been the type to hide or sneak around. I say things exactly as they are.

READ ALSO:BBNaija 10: Mercy Eke Reveals Housemate Who’s 10/10

“I have worked too hard to build myself and my brand step by step to allow false accusations stain my name like this. I owe it to my family, friends, supporters, and the reputable brands I work with to protect my reputation.

Advertisement

“I believe it is important for evidence to be provided because I will not let this slide. My name cannot be dragged carelessly into false narratives.

“This has honestly been very upsetting for me, but moving forward, my lawyers will handle the matter appropriately.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Grammy Announces Date For 2027 Awards Nominations

Published

on

The Recording Academy, the organizers of the Grammy Awards, has announced the dates for the 2027 edition of its awards ceremony and nominations.

The organizers revealed the date on Tuesday during an upfront presentation in New York.

Nominations will be announced November 16, 2026, with eligible albums having been released between August 31, 2025, and August 28, 2026.

Advertisement

The Grammy awards ceremony will be held on February 7, 2027.

READ ALSO:2026 Grammys: Full List Of Winners

The ceremony will be aired live from Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles on ABC and will stream on Disney+ and Hulu.

Advertisement

The development is a break from the Grammy’s 54 consecutive years partnership with CBS.

Also announcing the news on its Instagram page, Grammy, wrote: “IT’S TIIIIIME! The road to the 2027 Grammys officially begins now. Mark your calendars for submissions, nominations, voting, and all the key moments leading up to Music’s Biggest Night. Grammy Season.”

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

BREAKING: Nollywood Actor Alex Ekubo Is Dead

Published

on

Famous Nollywood actor, Alex Ekubo, is dead.

A Nollywood source, who does not wish to be named, informed DAILY POST that Alex was rushed to the hospital on Monday.

The source said the actor had been battling kidney cancer

Advertisement

The actor passed away on Tuesday afternoon after spending hours on life support.

READ ALSO:Again, Tragedy Hits Nollywood As Another Actress Dies

Alex was rumoured to be suffering from serious health issues in May 2025 after months of social media disappearance.

Advertisement

A check confirmed that Ekubo’s last social media post was on December 30, 2024.

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending