Politics
2023: Businessmen Woo Osinbajo As Campaign Posters Flood FCT

Some businessmen in the six geopolitical zones have asked Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to join the 2023 presidential race, describing him as “the missing link the business community in Nigeria needs at this moment”.
Their appeal came as Osinbajo’s campaign posters and billboards flooded various parts of the Federal Capital Territory in Abuja.
One of the big billboards with Osinbajo’s picture was seen close to the House on the Rock Church, after the City Gate on Airport Road, Abuja, with the inscription: “Businessmen for Osinbajo – Let’s get to work.”
Another billboard was also sighted near INEC Junction, Wuse 2 in the FCT and had the same inscription while the posters and another billboard read: “Businessmen for Osinbajo – Run, Osinbajo, Run! 2023.”
A statement issued on Wednesday night by the Convener, Businessmen For Osinbajo and Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Portal Realties Ltd, Dr Tayo Fashogbon, said members have commenced plans to raise campaign funds to actualize their push for the Vice President to become Nigeria’s president in 2023.
Fashigbon said, “He (Osinbajo) is a patriotic and detribalised Nigerian who will commit himself to work for everyone. He is the only one who holds such a promise among other Nigerians aspiring for the plum job. The imperative for a President who is totally devoid of sectional interests has never been so paramount.
“These are the reasons why more and more well-meaning Nigerians are coming out daily in their numbers to invest in ‘Project Osinbajo’. This is also why the first-time businessmen in the country have decided not to leave politics to politicians alone but are ready to be fully involved in the political destiny of our country.”
READ ALSO: Killings: Dokpesi Tongue-lashhes Buhari
Also, the co-convener of the group, Tunji David, said Osinbajo is an entrepreneurial-minded individual whom the business community in Nigeria could count on, adding that “with him as President, we are confident that businesses in Nigeria will thrive.”
Fashogbon said BFO was working with the mandate of millions of Nigerian businessmen who believe in the quality of leadership Osinbajo would bring to bear if Nigerians entrust him with their mandates.
He was however silent on the prospective donors but said donations would come from players in the oil and gas sector, real estate and building, transport and aviation, food and agriculture, power, construction, mining, road construction, automotive, market women and SMEs.
He said, “We are already putting plans in place to facilitate a fund-raising platform. We are truly overwhelmed by the number of investors and other interest groups calling to donate for the course. This clearly demonstrates that millions of Nigerians across party lines are coming together.
“The move has also corroborated our earlier statement that Prof Osinbajo is the unifying force the country needs right now under the circumstances. Osinbajo understands the challenges and demands of the Office of President of Nigeria and has acquired the depth of on-the-job training and preparedness to succeed the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd).”
(PUNCH)
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President
Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo
Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC
Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
-
Metro4 days ago
JUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
-
News3 days ago
How To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
-
News5 days ago
Jimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
-
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
-
Headline3 days ago
Coup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
-
Metro5 days ago
Bandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
-
News3 days ago
Tinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
-
Politics4 days ago
Crack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
-
News2 days ago
Guinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
-
Metro2 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community