Connect with us

Politics

2023: Don’t Come Back If You Fail To Run, MOSIEND Threatens Jonathan

Published

on

The Movement for the Survival of Izon Ethnic Nationality in the Niger Delta (MOSIEND) has called on former President Goodluck Jonathan not to return to the Niger Delta if he fails to contest the 2023 presidential election.

The National President of MOSIEND, Kennedy Tonjo-West, said all the youth leaders in the region were in agreement that Jonathan must run.

He said Jonathan had the temperament and focus to manage the problems facing the country.

Advertisement

Tonjo-West in a statement in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on Monday, said Jonathan was known for not being power hungry.

He said: “Jonathan’s competence to handle Nigeria problems more effectively and efficiently is not in doubt. He is not new in that environment and will fastly get things done before any other candidate.

“To this end, having extensively consulted far and wide with community youth leaders and critical ethnic nationality stakeholders in the region, we have their consent to call on former President Goodluck Jonathan to accept the clarion call by Nigerians to contest the 2023 election.

Advertisement

“It is obvious that while as human we have our plans and dreams about the country, God also have His plans to advance Nigeria as well. God is not finished with Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan concerning the leadership of our great country yet.

READ ALSO: 2023 Presidency: Sule Lamido Threatens Jonathan Over Defection To APC

“The situation in Nigerian is worsening by the day and requires somebody with wealth of experience, detribalised and uncommon leadership attributes to fix the challenges. Nigerian can’t afford to misuse this opportunity to stabilize the country.

Advertisement

“Jonathan has been there, he has a clear roadmap to bail us from this quargmire we find ourselves. We will appreciate all our ministers, governors across the party divide to draw wisdom from Sen Bala Mohammed decision to step down if Jonathan finally decide to contest”.

Politics

Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Published

on

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.

Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.

Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll

Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”

Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Published

on

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.

Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.

According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director

He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.

He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.

Advertisement

“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”

Continue Reading

Politics

JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Published

on

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.

El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa

Advertisement

In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.

“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending