Politics
2023: Elect Competent Leaders, Not Ethnic Bigot, Saraki Campaign Organisation Begs Nigerians

As Nigeria prepares for the 2023 presidential election, Prof. Iyorwuese Hagher, Chairman, Contact & Advocacy Council, Dr. Bukola Saraki Presidential Campaign Organisation, has urged Nigerians to elect the next president based on competence and not on religion and ethnicity.
Hagher, who made the appeal in Benin on Tuesday while soliciting support from Edo State delegates ahead of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, primaries, said unfortunately Nigerians have been using ethnicity and religion in choosing leaders of the country.
While stating that his principal, Saraki is a man with no ethnic or religion bias, the Chairman boasted that Saraki stands tall and remains the most competent and qualified aspirant among others.
Stating that Nigeria problem is not resources but leadership, Hagher added: “Nigeria has refused to identify the right man and put him in a leadership position. We choose our leaders based on religion; we choose leaders based on zoning; we choose our leaders based on identity politics. Nigeria is a diverse society. We cannot continue to use this parameters in choosing our leaders, especially the position of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Therefore, he is offering himself as the president that the whole Nigeria will identify with.”
Hagher who disclosed that Saraki has promised the women 35 per cent representation in leadership position if elected as president, added that his principal would make youths below 35 years of age to be minister in all the ministries.
READ ALSO: Why We Are Pushing For Consensus – Saraki
“He has promised 35 per cent representation to the women. Likewise the youths should have hope. Each ministry will have a minister who is a youth. All the 36 states will produce a minister that is below the age of 35, because he believes in the youths,” he added.
Hagher who stated that his principal is committed to rescuing Nigeria from the major crisis the All Progressives Congress, APC, has plunged the nation into, lamented that: “Nigeria is in the emergency ward. Nigeria is sick. And if the country is sick, then it needs a medical doctor to attend to it, a man that will fix Nigeria by setting it back on it feet.
“When the PDP came to power, we offset all debt, but within seven years of the APC coming into power, we have been plunged into debt. It has been loan upon loan and it is increasing everyday.”

Hagher, who is above 70 years urged those above 70 aspiring for the presidency to allow the younger ones rule, stressing that they are more energetic and will do better.
Responding on behalf of the Edo State chapter of the PDP and the State Working Committee, Mr. Harrison Omagbon, Deputy Chairman of Edo PDP expressed fear that if the APC governs the country for another four years, Nigeria may cease to exist as a nation
He said listening to the brilliant presentation by the organistion, Saraki is good to go as president.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro5 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
News3 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Politics4 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
Metro2 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
Metro2 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
News2 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan








