Politics
2023 Election: We Won’t Redeploy Lagos REC Over Alleged Anti-Igbo Comments – INEC

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Wednesday said it would not redeploy Segun Agbaje, the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) for Lagos State, over unfounded allegations.
Rotimi Oyekanmi, the Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to INEC Chairman, who stated this in an interview with newsmen in Abuja, urged those demanding Agbaje’s redeployment to die the thought.
There have been demands for the REC’s removal over alleged mismanagement of Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVCs) collection in some parts of Lagos State and engagement of Musiliu Akinsanya – led Lagos State Parks Management Committee to convey election materials.
Agbaje was quoted to have given reasons during a recent live TV interview on Channels why people in Okota, Oshodi Local Government Areas, cannot get their PVCs and inferred that the Igbos in the area were immigrants.
However, Oyekanmi has now dismissed the allegations against Agbaje, describing it as deliberate misinformation and distortion of facts.
He said, “Let me make one thing clear upfront. Mr Agbaje will not be removed as the REC for Lagos [State] over unfounded allegations.
“He’ll not only conduct the Presidential/National Assembly election scheduled for February 25, but he’ll also superintend over the Governorship/State House of Assembly election holding on Mar. 11.
“He’s a conscientious, honest, dependable and hardworking REC. His integrity speaks for him in all the places where he has served.”
READ ALSO: JUST IN: 2023: Election Will Not Hold In 240 Polling Units – INEC
He added, “Let me break this down for you. During the recent Continuous Voter Registration that took place between June 2021 and July 2022. Lagos State under Agbaje registered the highest number of voters in the country – 585,629.
“This debunks the allegation that the Lagos REC deliberately withheld the PVCs belonging to persons from a particular region of the country.”
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News5 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News5 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
Politics5 days agoJUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
News5 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro4 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
News2 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France















