Connect with us

Politics

2023: INEC Under Pressure To End Voters’ Reg, Disenfranchise Nigerians, Ohanaeze Alleges

Published

on

The Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Igbo apex socio-political organization, on Sunday alleged that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, was under pressure to disenfranchise Nigerians ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, the Ohanaeze Secretary-General, alleged that INEC’s Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, was under pressure to end the voters’ registration exercise by June 2022.

In a statement he signed, Isiguzoro urged Nigerians to demand an extension of the voters’ registration exercise.

Advertisement

Isiguzoro urged Nigerians to take advantage of the ongoing exercise to get their voters cards ahead of 2023.

According to Isiguzoro: “Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide has commended Nigerians, especially the youths, on their recent efforts to end voters’ apathy and take back Nigeria in 2023. Nigerians should be conscious of the ongoing manipulation of the electoral process by corrupt politicians to ensure that INEC will end up the ongoing voters registration exercise in other curtail the surge of Nigerians hurrying to collect their PVCs

“This is the best time Nigerians should take advantage of the ongoing voter registration exercise and get all eligible voters registered, and Nigerians must rise and demand from INEC to extend the enrollment of eligible voters till September 2022 as it appears that INEC is under pressure to disfranchise the rights of Nigerians to participate in 2023 elections, there are undercover meetings to pressurized the INEC Chairman, to end the Voter’s registration exercise by June 2022.

Advertisement

“There will be no Democracy without Nigerians, the power to get the best leaders in 2023 will be in the hands of Nigerians; we should arise from our slumber and demand that INEC should extend the Voter’s card registration to September 2022.

READ ALSO:Presidency: What Southeast Will Do If Atiku Picks Igbo As Running Mate – Ohanaeze Chieftain

“Starting from 12th June 2022, Nigerians should use peaceful mediums and constitutional ways to pressurize INEC to extend the time of the Voter’s registration exercise till September 2022.

Advertisement

“Our message to Nigerians on 2022 Democracy Day, is to take back Nigeria from the hands of corrupt politicians/

“We must prove to them that the labor of our heroes past shall not be in vain, Atiku, Tinubu, and Obi should be summoned by youths, Civil Rights organizations and religious organizations for a debate on issues of Nigeria’s Security, Economy, and Education, Nigerians should end a sick and antiquated President from Aso Rock in 2023 with their PVCs.”

Advertisement

Politics

Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Published

on

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.

Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.

Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll

Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”

Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Published

on

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.

Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.

According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director

He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.

He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.

Advertisement

“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”

Continue Reading

Politics

JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Published

on

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.

El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa

Advertisement

In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.

“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending