Politics
2023: Money Politics Can’t Take Nigeria Out Of Present Woes – Buhari

Social Democratic Party (SDP) Vice Presidential candidate in the February 25 election, Engr. Yusuf Buhari has declared that money politics cannot take Nigerians out of the present challenges.
Buhari made this disclosure while addressing a press conference in Ibadan, Monday evening.
At the media briefing were the gubernatorial candidate of the party in the State, Barr. Michael Lana, SDP Chairman, Mr. Michael Okunlade and some of the candidates of the party in the 2023 general elections.
Buhari, while addressing the journalists, posited that Nigeria is presently facing a lot of crisis which could be stopped by a visionary, patriotic, just and determined leadership.
He advised the electorate to shun money politics during the election “because it cannot take us anywhere.”
Buhari warned that our politics will be determined by the people who have the most money, not by those who can offer the best if we continue to play money politics.
He added that the task ahead requires governance with full awareness of our differences so that we can fully harness and utilize the potentials of these differences with justice.
Buhari, who spoke further, enjoined Nigerians to elect the presidential candidate of the party, Prince Adewole Adebayo and other candidates of the party in order to take Nigerians out of the present challenges.
He added that “we must resolve to halt and reverse the trend of failure.”
He declared that it was time to start walking the path that would lead the country to success and prosperity.
READ ALSO: of2023: Wike Reveals Candidates Rivers Will Not Give Vote
Buhari said, “The progress or success that we must aim for as a people, are also a direct consequence of self-accountability and self-discipline.
“If we continue to play money politics, then our politics will be determined by the people who have the most money, not by those who can offer the best. These are critical components for bringing sanity and functionality to any system, as well as defining a responsible citizenry.
“We must resolve to halt and reverse this trend of failure. It is time to start walking the path that would lead this country to success and prosperity. And even if for nothing else, let us do it for our children. Our solutions and our destiny are adequately in our hands.”
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President
Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo
Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC
Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
-
Metro4 days ago
JUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
-
News5 days ago
BREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
-
News5 days ago
Army Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
-
News3 days ago
How To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
-
News5 days ago
Jimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
-
Politics5 days ago
JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
-
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
-
Headline3 days ago
Coup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
-
Metro5 days ago
Bandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
-
News3 days ago
Tinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France