Politics
2023: Obi Turns MC, Traffic Controller As Surging Crowd Blocked, Scrambled To Touch Him In Calabar

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Mr Peter Obi was the master of ceremony when the party held its campaign in Cross River State on Wednesday.
He apologized that he had to take over the microphone since he felt that he had unduly kept the tumultuous crowd waiting for too long at the UJ Esuene Stadium as a result of his many engagements during the day.
At the end of the 30 minutes campaign, the surging crowd blocked his motorcade from moving out of the stadium.
The LP candidate subsequently alighted from his jeep to plead with the crowd who scrambled to touch him.
He left the motorcade, breaking protocol, to control the traffic, and subsequently gave the DSS and police details attached to him a herculean task to protect himself and his team.
The DSS operatives subsequently formed a ring around him. The surging crowd, made up of mostly youths, was ecstatic as they were very happy to move alongside him.
The state chairman of LP, Ogar Osim said it was good that the presidential candidate moved out to control the crowd, otherwise, he would not have been able to meet other engagements.
“That our Presidential candidate came out to clear the crowd showed how he is not only energetic but ready to come down to our level to work,” he said noting that if he wins the 2023 election as president, he would not always be “in Aso Rock to sign papers but will move out to see things for himself and work.”
READ ALSO: Okupe: Peter Obi Reveals Next Plan Of Action
Earlier, Peter Obi assured that he will secure and unite Nigeria and allow the rule of law.
“My government will never tolerate police brutality. ASUU will never go on strike. Mark my words. We’ll ensure that we become a productive economy as against a consumption economy. We’ll make tourism work again in Cross River State, which is the tourism capital of Nigeria. Above all, we’ll ensure the Calabar Port is made to become vibrant as a way of diverting economic traffic to the state,” he outlined.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro5 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
News3 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Politics4 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
Metro2 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
Metro2 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
News2 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan













