Connect with us

News

Again, 135 Boko Haram Members Surrendered To Troops In North East

Published

on

A total of 135 more Boko Haram terrorists and their family members have surrendered in the Bama Local Government area following the weeklong sustained offensive by the troops of Operation Hadin Kai in Sambisa Forest.

Before this huge successes, VANGUARD had reported that over 800,000 repentant Boko Haram members are camped and well taken care of at their designated camp within Maiduguri metropolis since last year.

Advertisement

This is even as troops of 151 Task Force Battalion Banki, Operation Hadin Kai, have nutrialised unspecified numbers of Boko Haram terrorists and rescued two humanitarian workers in Sambisa Forest, (names withheld).

READ ALSO: Boko Haram Bomb Maker Steps On Self-made IED, Dies

Reliable Sources have said, which was also confirmed by an Intelligence Zagazola Makama, a Counter-Insurgency Expert and Security Analyst in the Lake Chad region on Sunday morning.

Advertisement

The terrorists laid down their arms fews days after the troops of 21-Armored Brigade, Bama, Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) and 199 Special Forces Battalion in collaboration with Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), stormed 12 hideouts of the terrorists and killed 35 Boko Haram terrorists.” Said a military officer who pleaded not to be mentioned in print, as he was not authorized to talk to the press.

It was gathered that the terrorists and their family members, 3 males, 6 females and 13 children, from Ngurusoye, and Kelani village surrendered to troops of 202 Battalion in Bama.

In the same vein, one male, 5 females and 6 children, from Kauri, Siraja and Lene Hassana villages surrendered to troops of 151 Battalion in Banki Junction.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Boko Haram Bomb Maker Steps On Self-made IED, Dies

Sources told VANGUARD that additional 113 insurgents from Balangaje, Bula -Waziri, Bula – Kurma and Sabil – Huda villages surrendered to the troops of 192 Battalion in Yamteke community.

“The subjects were handed over to the authorities for profiling.”

Advertisement

Maj. Gen. AE Abubakar, The General Officer Commanding(GOC) 7 Division and Commander Sect 1 Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai, while addressing the troops of 21 Armored Brigade Bama, charged them to defeat remnant terrorists and ensure return of total peace to the North East.

In another development, troops of 151 Task Force Battalion Banki, Operation Hadin Kai, have nutrialised unspecified numbers of Boko Haram terrorists and rescued two humanitarian workers in Sambisa Forest.

READ ALSO: Boko Haram Commander, Others Killed

Advertisement

It was gathered that the insurgents were killed after the troops in collaboration with the Civilian Joint Task Force and Hybrid forces, stormed the Hideouts of terrorists in Gargash in the axis of Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.

The sources said that in the cause of the engagement, two humanitarian workers abducted from Monguno in 2022 were rescued.

The troops also recovered three hilux vehicles with one of them mounted with Anti Aircraft guns.

Advertisement

News

INEC CVR: CSO Expresses Worry Over Poor Deployment Of Machines, Manpower To LGs In Edo

Published

on

By

By Joseph Ebi Kanjo

Edo Civil Society Organisations (EDOCSO) has expressed worry over the poor deployment of capturing machines and manpower to Igueben Local Government Area of the state by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the ongoing Ongoing Continuous Voters Registration (CVR).

Advertisement

The Coordinator, EDOCSO, Igueben Study Centre, Leftist Enabulele Larry, and Secretary, Leftist Mark Akande expressed the CSO sentiment when the duo visited the INEC headquarters in Igueben where the CBR in the local government is taking place.

In a statement made available to INFO DAILY on Friday, the leadership of EDOCSO, Igueben Study Centre condemned the “use of only two capturing devices in a local government with over 69, 396 in population.”

READ ALSO:Things To Know As INEC Begins Physical Voter Registration Monday

Advertisement

The duo noted in the statement that their findings at the INEC headquarters revealed two capturing machines were deployed to each local government across the 18 local government areas of the state.

The civil society members said INEC excuse of deploying two capturing machines to each local government was not germane enough because many do not have a computer or android phone to do the online registration INEC gave as an excuse.

The question here is, what is the percentage of our people mostly the aged individuals, that have access to Android mobile and other internet gadgets in Edo state?

Advertisement

READ ALSO: ADC: Why INEC Has Not Recognised David Mark, Others

“How many people can afford internet data to enable them have access internet services in Edo state under the current excruciating economic pains by the people?

“How many of the Edo people can even manipulate the Android mobile phone to the extent of navigating the internet hurdles to undertake the job is INEC? If INEC is not ready for the job, they should tell Nigerians.

Advertisement

“If citizens are now advised to individually undertake the statutory job of INEC, of what purpose does the commission serve to the people? etc,” they said.

As at when filing this report, INFO DAILY was yet to get a reply from the message sent to the INEC in Edo for reaction.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Edo Sports Commission Boss Celebrates Okpehbolo On Birthday

Published

on

By

The Executive Chairman of the Edo State Sports Commission, Hon. Amadin Desmond Enabulele, has felicated with Governor Monday Okpebholo, on the occasion of his birthday.

In a statement issued on Friday by his Media Officer, Edoko Wilson Edoko, Enabulele Okpebholo as a visionary leader whose dedication to the growth and development of the state has continued to inspire confidence and admiration across all sectors, especially sports.

Advertisement

Enabulele, who highlighted the governor’s unwavering commitment to youth empowerment through sports development, noted that under his leadership, Edo State has witnessed significant strides in grassroots sporting initiatives and infrastructure.

READ ALSO: Enabulele Confident Of Team Edo’s Success At 2025 NYG

His Excellency, Senator Monday Okpebholo, is not just a political leader but a beacon of hope for the younger generation.

Advertisement

“His passion for excellence and inclusive governance is evident in the way he has continued to support policies that uplift our youths and promote sporting excellence,” the statement read.

The Executive Chairman prayed for long life, good health, and continued wisdom for the governor as he steers the affairs of the state towards greater prosperity.

“On behalf of the entire Edo State Sports Commission, I extend our warmest birthday wishes to His Excellency at 55. May this new chapter of his life be filled with more accomplishments and divine grace,” he added.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Oba Of Benin Suspends Palace Chiefs

Published

on

By

The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, has suspended two of his chiefs for falling for dereliction of duties.

This was contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the Benin Traditional Council (BTC), Frank Irabor and made available to journalists in Benin City.

Advertisement

He said their suspension was as a result of their long absence from the palace, resulting in their failure to carry out their palace responsibilities.

The suspended persons are: Chief John Igiehon, the Izuwako of Benin and chief Aimiukpomonyako Oghogho (Ebengho), the Oyenmwensoba of Benin.

READ ALSO: Oba Of Benin Suspends 67 Dukes

Advertisement

“The under-mentioned two (2) chiefs have been suspended from the Palace of the Oba of Benin.

“This is as a result of their long absence from the Palace, resulting in their failure to carry out their Palace responsibilities.

“The public is advised to be wary of unscrupulous chiefs that are no longer functioning in the Palace. His Royal Majesty has approved their _ Suspension and directed the public be duly informed. 

Advertisement

“The names of the chiefs are: – ; 1. CHIEF JOHN IGIEHON, THE IZUWAKO OF BENIN and, _ 2 CHIEF AIMIUKPOMONYAKO OGHOGHO (EBENGHO), THE OYENMWENSOBA OF BENIN”, the statement said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Exit mobile version