As the newly launched security outfit tagged Operation Amotekun begins operations in the Southwest, Soludero Hunters’ Association has disclosed that the outfit doesn’t rely on guns to operate.
President of the hunters, Oba Nureni Ajijola Anabi, while saying hunters would use their ancestors’ powers to ward off any aggression against Yoruba indigenes in the zone, vowed to match anyone or group of persons terrorising the area strength with strength.
Stating that hunters can never fold their arms and watch some persons to commit atrocities in the zone, he noted that since the outfit was launched, they had resuscitated all powers used by their ancestors to conquer their aggressors.
“Recently, thunders struck in some places and we all saw the effects. We can employ the services of these deities and they will answer us speedily.
“We promise to be civil and law-abiding in our operations. We will never disappoint our governors who initiated the security outfit.
“Anyone who has the mind to kidnap, kill or rape our women should have a rethink. If not, we hunters in the South West will prove to them the stuff we are made of“, he added.
On fears expressed by Miyetti Allah that Amotekun was created against them, Ajijola who is also the Defence Minister of the RTEAN, Oyo State branch, asked herders not to entertain any fear.
“So far they don’t come to our lands and be terrorising our people. We will not tolerate that any longer. We are not against any group provided they don’t pose threats to our lives and property”, he added
While promising all Yorubas that they are well secured anywhere in the zone, Ajijola disclosed that hunters association has more than 500,000 hunters in each of the six states.
He said, “We promise all Yorubas that they are secure anywhere in the zone because we have more than 500,000 hunters in each of the six states. We will not betray you.
“As for the use of weapons, that may not be necessary. The powers of our ancestors are enough weapons. We don’t need any approved weapon to operate. It was the powers that our forefathers used to win many battles in the past that we will use. They are still very much with us. We only need to revive them.”
100 Civil Servants Die In Jigawa Within One Month
The Jigawa State and Local Governments Contributory Pension Scheme said 100 civil servants died within one month.
Executive Secretary of the Board scheme, Alhaji Kamilu Aliyu Musa, disclosed this while briefing newsmen on the payment of the retirement and death benefits in his office.
He said the Board has paid N1.215bn to 550 retirees for the month of July, 2022.
Kamilu explained that, the beneficiaries are categorized into four for the payment of their rights.
According to him “the first category include 411 beneficiaries who have retired from the service and were paid over N920,331 million.
“The second category of the beneficiaries are those 100 people that have died while in service and their families received the total amount of N267,329 million”
“The third category of 8 beneficiaries are under the death pension balance and will get N27, 952 million as their entitlement
“While the fourth category of beneficiaries are those who are not in service for up-to five years, the board will refund 8 percent to them amounting to N201,437 thousands as their entitlement.”
The Executive Secretary also reiterated the board’s commitments to pay each retired civil servant his entitlement within one month of his retirement.
He then commended Governor Muhammad Badaru Abubukar for his support to the Board and releasing the Pensioners entitlement in a right time.
INEC Reacts As Hoodlums Burn Razed Its Enugu Office
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has confirmed that hoodlums burnt down its office at Igboeze North Local Government Area of Enugu State.
The incident occurred on Sunday night when the arsonists stormed the office situated at the council’s headquarters in Ogurute.
Confirming the incident, the Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state, Mr. Emeka Ononamadu, in a statement on Monday, said the arsonists overpowered the security guards, forced their way into the premises, and set the building ablaze.
He said although no casualties were reported, 748 ballot boxes, 240 voting cubicles, office furniture, and equipment were destroyed in spite of the effort of the Enugu State Fire Service deployed from Nsukka.
Ononamadu added that the Commission is working to ascertain the status of voter registration machines for the ongoing Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise as well as uncollected Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) locked up in the fireproof cabinet.
”The incident has been reported to the Nigeria Police for investigation and further action.
”The attack, coming in the middle of the voter registration exercise and other preparations for the 2023 General Election, is worrisome. It will be recalled that on 23rd May 2021, our office in the neighbouring Igboeze South Local Government Area was attacked in a similar manner by unknown gunmen.
”This followed earlier attacks on the Udenu Local Government Area office on 13th May 2021 and the State Headquarters in Enugu on 16th May 2021.
”The Commission has since substantially recovered from these attacks and resumed normal activities there, including the VR and collection of
”The Commission will continue to work with the security agencies and the emergency services to protect our facilities,” the statement added.
Niger Attack: Death Toll Of Security Operatives Rises To 48
The number of security personnel killed in Niger State by suspected bandits has increased following the discovery of more bodies in the bush.
Sani Kokki, the convener of Concerned Shiroro Youths of Niger State, explained that more bodies of the security operatives were discovered in the bush by the locals.
According to Sani Kokki, “On Saturday evening, the dead body of a mobile policeman was also discovered by a passerby.”
Recall that a number of soldiers, policemen and civilians were killed after bandits attacked a mining site on Wednesday in Niger State.
He explained that the death toll of the security personnel killed by the bandits had risen to 48.
He alleged that the bandits killed 34 soldiers, eight mobile policemen and six civilians.
Crisis: PDP Suspends Chairman Over Alleged Misconduct
Interpol Confirms Arrest Of Suspected Nigerian Cybercriminal In South Africa
Gunmen Kill Security Guard, Set Filling Station Ablaze In Ondo
Communal Clash Claims Seven, Injures Scores In Delta
BREAKING: COVID-19 Heath Workers Block Hospital Management Board’s Entrance, Demand Payment Of Allowances In Edo
Edo Guber: ‘Oshiomhole’s Triumphant Entry Has Left You In Trauma, Demoralised,’ APC Mocks PDP
Politics1 week ago
Lawan, Akpabio Lose Out As INEC Publishes Candidates’ List
Politics1 week ago
CSO, BAT Campaign Organisation Bicker Over Academic Qualification
Politics1 week ago
Tinubu, Peter Obi Can Only Substitute Running Mate If… INEC
News1 week ago
Edo: Family Alleges Police Compromise In 17-year-old Daughter’s Death, Wants Case Transfered
Entertainment1 week ago
Paternity Dispute: King Sunny Ade Is My Biological Father, Woman Alleges
Politics1 week ago
Running Mate: Confusion Engulfs APC, Tinubu Limits Search To Borno, Kano, Kaduna
Metro1 week ago
[JUST IN] Edo: Abductors Kill Catholic Priest, Auchi Diocese Mourns
Politics1 week ago
OBJ’s ‘Mistake’ Comment On Atiku: PDP Threatens To Expose Ex-President, Issues 48hrs Ultimatum For Clarification