News
Attack On The Nation Head Office: No Life Was Lost – Source
Published
5 years agoon
By
Editor
Information reaching Info Daily says no dead casualty was recorded from the attack carried out by some hoodlums on the Nation newspapers head office in the early hours of today though cars including that of the Managing Director of the Media firm were completely razed.
Some hoodlums in the guise of #EndSARS protest had invaded Television Continental (TVC) and the Nation Newspapers head offices, all believed to be owned by APC national leader, Ahmed Bola Tinubu, setting them ablaze.

Vehicle razed by hoodlums at the head office of The Nation newspapers.
A source in Lagos who pleaded anonimity, while giving account of the incident disclosed that quick intervention of the police and soldiers saved the situation.
READ ALSO: Just In: Hoodlums Set Ondo PDP Secretariat Ablaze
The source added that, knowing the impending invasion, everyone (staff) had been ordered to leave the premises before the attack.

Live bullet released by the hoodlums during the attack
“The MD’s car was completely razed. Some other cars were also burnt by the invading hoodlums. No report of casualty. Quick intervention of policemen and soldiers saved the situation,” source said.

Interior of the office touched by the hoodlums.
You may like

The Director-General of the National Orientation Agency, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, has urged Nigerians to pay close attention to flood early warnings issued by the Nigerian Meteorological Agency, highlighting the increasing risk of flooding across the country.
Addressing the newsmen during a press conference to launch a nationwide enlightenment campaign held on Thursday in Dutse, the Jigawa State capital, the DG, represented by Mr. Williams Dogo, NOA’s National Director of Legal Matters at the headquarters in Abuja, emphasised that poor drainage systems and careless dumping of waste are major causes of devastating floods recently witnessed in states such as Niger, Kogi, Rivers, Anambra, and Bayelsa.
He praised NiMet’s early warning advisories for their “90% accuracy” and stressed the need for Nigerians to heed these warnings diligently to reduce flood impacts.
READ ALSO:NiMet Forecasts Rain, Flash Floods Nationwide
The campaign, spanning all 36 states, the Federal Capital Territory, and 774 local government areas, seeks to engage the public on government policies, flood mitigation, national security awareness, and more.
“We are committed to bringing the government’s programmes closer to the people through physical engagements, town halls, and media.
“Among the government initiatives spotlighted is the Presidential Flood Mitigation directive, which in 2024 allocated N3 billion per state for drainage clearance and relocation efforts to curb such disasters,” the DG’s representative said.
The DG, highlighted that the sensitisation campaign also focuses on raising awareness about government policies such as the Nigerian Education Loan Fund, social safety nets including Conditional Cash Transfer, and youth empowerment through initiatives like the National Youth Investment Fund and the Industrial Training Fund.
READ ALSO:NiMet Forecasts Three-day Thunderstorms, Rain From Wednesday
He therefore emphasised the need for Nigerians to understand and utilise these programmes for personal and national development.
On national security, Issa-Onilu explained that the campaign aims to boost security consciousness by informing communities about current defense strategies, including the deployment of over 15,000 new security personnel, drones, and armoured vehicles to address the country’s security challenges effectively.
Furthermore, the DG stressed the importance of youth and student re-orientation, focusing on discouraging extreme practices that conflict with Nigeria’s core values.
Accordingly, he also underlined the campaign’s effort to promote patriotism by educating citizens on national symbols such as the flag, anthem, naira, and passport.
“NOA’s increased digital presence—including the revamped website and the AI assistant ‘CLHEEAN’—alongside partnerships with numerous media outlets, will ensure that these vital messages reach a wide audience across Nigeria,” he revealed.
READ ALSO:NiMet Predicts Three-day Haziness, Thunderstorms From Tuesday
Mr. Williams Dogo urged Nigerians to actively participate in the campaigns and remain alert to government advisories for their safety and well-being.
Earlier, the Jigawa State Director of the National Orientation Agency, Ahmad Ibrahim, emphasised the urgent need for residents to heed flood early warnings issued by the Nigerian Meteorological Agency, especially amid rising flood risks in the region.
He linked the recent flooding challenges to poor drainage and waste management, urging Jigawa communities to cooperate with government efforts to reduce flood impacts.
The director highlighted the government’s 2024 Presidential Flood Mitigation directive, which allocated N3 billion to each state for drainage clearance and relocation initiatives, underscoring its importance in Jigawa’s flood prevention strategy.
He also connected this development to ongoing nationwide campaigns aimed at raising public awareness on key government policies, national security, and disaster preparedness.
News
INEC CVR: CSO Expresses Worry Over Poor Deployment Of Machines, Manpower To LGs In Edo
Published
8 hours agoon
August 29, 2025By
Editor
By Joseph Ebi Kanjo
Edo Civil Society Organisations (EDOCSO) has expressed worry over the poor deployment of capturing machines and manpower to Igueben Local Government Area of the state by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the ongoing Ongoing Continuous Voters Registration (CVR).
The Coordinator, EDOCSO, Igueben Study Centre, Leftist Enabulele Larry, and Secretary, Leftist Mark Akande expressed the CSO sentiment when the duo visited the INEC headquarters in Igueben where the CBR in the local government is taking place.
In a statement made available to INFO DAILY on Friday, the leadership of EDOCSO, Igueben Study Centre condemned the “use of only two capturing devices in a local government with over 69, 396 in population.”
READ ALSO:Things To Know As INEC Begins Physical Voter Registration Monday
The duo noted in the statement that their findings at the INEC headquarters revealed two capturing machines were deployed to each local government across the 18 local government areas of the state.
The civil society members said INEC excuse of deploying two capturing machines to each local government was not germane enough because many do not have a computer or android phone to do the online registration INEC gave as an excuse.
“The question here is, what is the percentage of our people mostly the aged individuals, that have access to Android mobile and other internet gadgets in Edo state?
READ ALSO: ADC: Why INEC Has Not Recognised David Mark, Others
“How many people can afford internet data to enable them have access internet services in Edo state under the current excruciating economic pains by the people?
“How many of the Edo people can even manipulate the Android mobile phone to the extent of navigating the internet hurdles to undertake the job is INEC? If INEC is not ready for the job, they should tell Nigerians.
“If citizens are now advised to individually undertake the statutory job of INEC, of what purpose does the commission serve to the people? etc,” they said.
As at when filing this report, INFO DAILY was yet to get a reply from the message sent to the INEC in Edo for reaction.
News
Edo Sports Commission Boss Celebrates Okpehbolo On Birthday
Published
13 hours agoon
August 29, 2025By
Editor
The Executive Chairman of the Edo State Sports Commission, Hon. Amadin Desmond Enabulele, has felicated with Governor Monday Okpebholo, on the occasion of his birthday.
In a statement issued on Friday by his Media Officer, Edoko Wilson Edoko, Enabulele Okpebholo as a visionary leader whose dedication to the growth and development of the state has continued to inspire confidence and admiration across all sectors, especially sports.
Enabulele, who highlighted the governor’s unwavering commitment to youth empowerment through sports development, noted that under his leadership, Edo State has witnessed significant strides in grassroots sporting initiatives and infrastructure.
READ ALSO: Enabulele Confident Of Team Edo’s Success At 2025 NYG
“His Excellency, Senator Monday Okpebholo, is not just a political leader but a beacon of hope for the younger generation.
“His passion for excellence and inclusive governance is evident in the way he has continued to support policies that uplift our youths and promote sporting excellence,” the statement read.
The Executive Chairman prayed for long life, good health, and continued wisdom for the governor as he steers the affairs of the state towards greater prosperity.
“On behalf of the entire Edo State Sports Commission, I extend our warmest birthday wishes to His Excellency at 55. May this new chapter of his life be filled with more accomplishments and divine grace,” he added.
- (no title)
- Iran Has Executed At Least 841 People This Year — UN
- Russia Hits Out At Macron For Calling Putin ‘Ogre’
- Trump Moves To Cut More Foreign Aid, Risking Shutdown
- INEC CVR: CSO Expresses Worry Over Poor Deployment Of Machines, Manpower To LGs In Edo
- Three Killed As Suspected Bandits Ambush Motorists In Kwara
- Suspected Amasiri Warriors Invade Ebonyi Community, Behead Farmer Amid Land Dispute
- DSS Charges Nine Over Benue, Plateau Massacres
- Marafa’s Loyalists Quit APC, Cite Neglect Of Zamfara
- Why I’d Choose Tinubu Over Obi – Adeyanju
Trending
- Politics4 days ago
[BREAKING] Edo: APC Suspends Ex-senatorial Aspirant Of Party
- News4 days ago
NAFDAC Warns Of Fake Postinor-2 In Circulation
- Headline4 days ago
US Comedian Reggie Carroll Shot Dead In Mississippi
- Metro5 days ago
UNIZIK Suspends Doctors, Nurses, Security Personnel Over 100-level Student’s Death
- News1 day ago
JUST IN: Immigration Hikes Passport Fees To N100,000, N200,000
- Headline4 days ago
US Defends New Social Media Vetting For Nigerian Visa Applicants
- Politics4 days ago
PDP Zones 2027 Presidential Ticket To South
- Politics4 days ago
Why APC Candidates Contested 2023 LG Election Despite Intimidation — State Chairman
- Sports4 days ago
Brazil Names Squad Without Neymar, Vinicius For World Cup Qualifiers [FULL LIST]
- Metro5 days ago
Youths Uncover Man Chained By Father For Five Years In Anambra