Connect with us

News

Bauchi Govt Sensitises Communities On Land Title Registration

Published

on

Bauchi state ministry of Land and survey has embarked on a massive sensitisation exercise of communities on land title registration so as to put an end to land disputes in the state.

Malam Adamu Harif, Chairman Committee Sensitisation on Systematic Land Title Registration set up by the ministry, while sensitising the people of Tirwun, Birshi Seyawa and Birshi Fulani communities in Bauchi Local Government on Monday, said the best way to end land disputes in the state is through registration of land titles with the ministry.

Advertisement

He stressed that most land conflicts in the state were due to non registration of land titles, adding that if land and house owners register with the ministry, their data would be captured on the database of the ministry and certificates of occupancy would be issued to them.

READ ALSO: JUST IN: Simi Welcomes Baby Girl

“Registering with the ministry of land and survey will help the land owners to obtain certificates for their land thereby preventing it against trespassers.

Advertisement

“It will also enable authorities to know the number of people who own plots or houses so that policies, programs and interventions would be effectively and efficiently implemented in communities,” he said.

Harif further explained that if land sellers consult the ministry before allocating plots to buyers, it would help in ensuring good town planning in the state.

READ ALSO: Just In: Kidnapped Delta Doctor Regains Freedom

Advertisement

Responding, the village head of Tirwun, Alhaji Ahmed Muhammed, commended the ministry for the enlightenment, urging his people to cooperate with the ministry by registering their land titles.

He promised that he would mobilize land sellers and buyers in the community to always contact the ministry of land and survey before undertaking any land transaction.

Also, addressing journalists at the end of the sensitisation exercise, Mr Adamu Ahmed, the state Commissioner for Land and Survey, said that the ministry had been dealing with more than a hundred court cases of land disputes.

Advertisement

He associated the disputes and court cases to non possession of proof of ownership of land, adding that there were multiples of claims over land.

READ ALSO: Ondo Guber: Deputy Gov May Resign, Defect This Week, As Borofice, Oke Fight Dirty

The commissioner added that land titles would go a long way in reducing land disputes by ensuring that people had secure titles to their lands.

Advertisement

“There are lots of values when people hold titles to their lands. There are issues of security, at least you can go to bed knowing you are holding a paper that confirms ownership of land.

“Since I came on board, I’ve been referring to almost one hundred and twenty court cases that we’ve been dealing with. It’s all because people don’t have proof of ownership of land, so we have multiples of claims over land.

“One of the objectives of this land titles is that, at least, we will reduce those contentious issues by ensuring that people have secured titles to their land and they can sleep well knowing well that their lands are secured,” he said.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:;Again, Amotekun Osun Apprehends 63 Suspected Illegal Miners

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

News

Abducted Ondo Monarch Regains Freedom

Published

on

By

The monarch of Oso Ajowa Akoko in in Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Clement Jimoh, who was kidnapped, has regained freedom.

The traditional ruler, who was abducted in his palace, was set free by the bandits after he had spent seven days in their den.

Advertisement

According to a family source, the monarch was freed on Wednesday evening and he had been taken to the hospital where he was receiving treatment.

READ ALSO: Gunmen Kidnap Ondo Monarch, Police Launch Probe

Kabiyesi regained freedom yesterday (Wednesday) evening but he has been taken to the hospital for treatment,” the source stated.

Advertisement

Details later…

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Withdrawal Limits: Senate Raises Concerns, To Debate New CBN

Published

on

By

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

Advertisement

The Senate has raised concerns about the latest Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) policy on cash withdrawals.

Senate Minority Leader Phillip Aduda in a point of order during plenary on Wednesday called the attention of his colleagues to the new policy and demanded for caution as it will affect many Nigerians, especially small business owners.

In his response, Senate President Ahmad Lawan cautions the CBN not to approach the policy by jumping into it at once as many Nigerians will be affected.

Advertisement

He further noted that there is a need to engage the CBN in discussions to get more details of the policy and he directs the committee on banking to discuss this matter during the screening of the CBN Deputy Governors expected to hold before next week.

The Senate has set next Tuesday to debate the new CBN policy.

Under the new withdrawal policy, the CBN restricted the maximum cash withdrawal over the counter (OTC) by individuals and corporate organisations per week to N100,000 and N500,000 respectively.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: CBN’s New Policy Will Lead To More Job Losses, Disorganize Businesses – University Don

The CBN stated, however, that withdrawals above the thresholds would attract processing fees of 5 per cent and 10 per cent respectively for individuals and corporate entities going forward.

In addition, third-party cheques above N50,000 shall not be eligible for OTC payment while extant limits of N10 million on clearing cheques still remain.

Advertisement

The new withdrawal regime further pegged the maximum cash withdrawal per week via Automated teller Machine (ATM) at N100,000 subject to a maximum of N20,000 cash withdrawal per day.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

IGP Launches Portal To Report Stolen Vehicles

Published

on

By

As precautionary measures to tackle vehicle theft, the Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, has launched a platform for Nigerians to report cases of stolen vehicles.

Force Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, who disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday, said the digitalized platform – Central Motor Registry (CMR) – successfully completed and commissioned by the IGP is situated at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Advertisement

He said the platform launch followed the “IGP’s quest to ensure a digital environment for policing the country for robust and more proactive measures in crime prevention, investigation, and prosecution.”

“The newly digitalized Central Motor Registry Command Centre will make it possible for members of the public to report vehicles stolen from as far back as 1st January, 2018, and yet-to-be-recovered to input the vehicle details on the online platform to serve as a reliable data point for the possible recovery of the vehicle,” he stated.

“The platform will also process motor vehicle information to support police operations and efforts toward enhancing national security.”

Advertisement

READ ALSO: APC, PDP, LP Chieftains In Heated Debate Over Nigeria’s Economic Woes

With the CMR having two Command Centres in Abuja and Lagos, Adejobi said 37 Information Centres are located across the Country and in the Federal Capital Territory, with 200 e-Enforcement Operational Patrol Vehicles with automatic number plate recognition on each vehicle as part of the first batch.

He also asked Nigerians and other residents in the country to take advantage of the platform at https://reportcmr.npf.gov.ng to upload their vehicle information on the website with effect from today 7th December, 2022, as a security step for preventing it from being stolen and re-registered.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending