Connect with us

Metro

Bayelsa: Twon-Brass Chiefs Picket AGIP Company Over Power Outage

Published

on

Chiefs of Twon-Brass Kingdom in Brass Local Government Area of Bayelsa State on Saturday dressed in black attires in protest against Nigerian Agip Oil Company, NAOC, over a long power outage in the community.

DAILY POST gathered that the chiefs took a long walk from the community to the Brass Terminal gate.

Advertisement

Addressing staff of the company, the Chairman of the Twon-Brass Chiefs Council and former Deputy Speaker of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, Chief Sam Ateke, said they were in the terminal to protest persistent power outage, saying that until power was restored they would not leave the terminal gate.

Ateke said the community had made enough sacrifice and cooperated with the company, knowing its importance not only to the Twon-Brass community but the entire country.

The former lawmaker, who expressed disappointment with the attitude of the company towards the community, noted that in the interest of peace, they decided to ask the youths not to accompany them for the protest.

Advertisement

He stated that the community will no longer accept the hide and seek attitude of the company, saying that the community will take a different approach if things don’t change.

READ ALSO: Bayelsa Guber: Loyalists Purchase N50m Governorship Form For Lyon

Responding, the Swamp Area Manager of the company, Mr Raphael Onosapkhor, apologized for the power outage and explained that the problem was as a result of loss of gas pressure from the supply line.

Advertisement

He said there was a little improvement in the gas pressure, adding that brand new gas turbines have been installed to supply power to all the communities on the Brass Island.

Mr Onosapkhor said in a few weeks normal power will be restored but in the interim power will be rationed to parts of the community.

Advertisement

Metro

Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Others In Benue

Published

on

A combined team of Policemen from Benue and Enugu States have apprehended a suspected kidnapper’s gang leader identified as Yusuf Muhamed, in Orokam, Ogbadibo Local Government Area of Benue State.

According to residents of the area, the suspect and his group had been terrorising some communities in the local government leading the chairman of the local government to impose curfew in the council.

Advertisement

One of the residents, Mike Agbo said that the gang leader and others were apprehended during the week.

Agbo said, “The suspect’s identity was confirmed by three kidnapped victims who revealed that Muhamed was the officer in charge of torture in the kidnappers’ camp.

READ ALSO:Police Arrest ‘One-chance’ Suspects Linked To Killing Of Benue Lady, Grace Alewa In Abuja

Advertisement

His easy identification is a result of his bad left hand.

Confirming the incident to journalists on Saturday in a telephone chat, chairman of Ogbadibo LGA, Sunday Ajunwa said that the kidnapper’s gang leader was arrested by combined teams of policemen and vigilance group in the area.

The chairman said, “It is true that Yusuf has been arrested by the combined team of Police from Makurdi and Enugu as well as the vigilante in the area.

Advertisement

“He attempted to run but the youths pursued and caught him. Those he kidnapped made a confessional statement of how he tortured them in captivity.”

The chairman added that the suspect alongside 21 other suspects was in police custody.

READ ALSO:Police Recruitment: PSC Moves To Stop Hijack Of Exercise By Politicians

Advertisement

Ajunwa who also confirmed that the rampant insecurity in his council made him impose curfew from 6pm to 6am said that the security situation in the area has improved.

The security situation in Orokam is stable though the curfew from 6pm to 6am is still enforced. But I am thinking of lifting it after meeting with security agencies and stakeholders,” the chairman said.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer for the State Command, DSP, Udeme Edet said she was yet to receive the report.

Advertisement

Edet said, “Please what do you want to confirm, I’m yet to confirm it. When I get news of it, it will be related.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

My Wife Sleeps In Leggings, Denies Me Sex —Husband

Published

on

He starves me, our children, beat me, left me almost naked in public —Wife

A minibus driver complained before a local court in Lusaka, Zambia, that his wife sleeps in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.

Richard Makura, 48, of Kanyama compound was testifying in a case in which his wife, Patricia Mulenga, 40, a business woman sued him for divorce on allegation that he was violent.

Advertisement

According to the Zambian Observer, the two got married in 1996 and have three children.

Patricia told the senior court magistrate, Lewis Mum, sitting with two other magistrates, Abbyshine Michelo and Esther Mulomba at Kanyama Local Court that Richard has been beating her over petty issues since her father in 2004.

READ ALSO:I No Longer Love My Husband, I Want Divorce —Wife

Advertisement

She explained that in 2006, he threatened to burn her clothes and was forced to seek refuge at her parents’ home.

She told the court that he once beat her until she fainted.

Patricia stated that in 2015, Richard started working for APG Milling in Mansa but still failed to provide for the family because he only sent home K50 or K100 per month.

Advertisement

She further said that Richard joined her in June 2016 when his contract was terminated but she never saw the benefits he was given.

READ ALSO:‘My Husband Became Hostile After Losing His Job, Brandished Cutlass At Me’

“When I asked for our children’s school fees, he beat me in public and removed the chitenge material I was wearing.

Advertisement

“I was left in the short skirt I was wearing and in the confusion, he beat a man who wanted to rescue from his hand,” Patricia stated.

In defense, Richard denied being violet but admitted that problem started in 2006 when he had a girlfriend.

READ ALSO:My Wife Denies Me Sex, Neglects Our Children —Husband

Advertisement

He explained that when he came from Mansa, his wife started sleeping in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.

The magistrate, Mumba stated that there was violence in their marriage and since Patricia wanted divorce, the court had no power to continue to live with Richard.

He granted the couple divorce, ordering Richard to compensate Patricia with K6,000 with initial payment of K1,000 followed by monthly installment of K400.

Advertisement

Property acquired together was ordered to be shared equally.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

I Spent 13 Days In Hospital After My Husband Beat Me —Wife

Published

on

…I now love her the more —Husband

A housewife, LadidiI Abass, has dragged her husband, Shehu Abass, to a Sharia Court sitting in Magajin Garki, Kaduna, Kaduna State, seeking divorce over alleged battery.

Abass who reside at Rigasa, Kaduna, said her husband usually beat her any time they had a misunderstanding.

Advertisement

Accordng to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the last time he did, he was hospitalised for 13 days.

He usually beats me in front of our children.

The last time he beat me, I was hospitalized for 13 days,”  Ladidi said.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:My Wife Harasses, Slaps Me All The Time —Husband

She prayed the court to dissolve their union and grant her custody of their children.

The defendant, Shehu, denied all the allegations.

Advertisement

“I have just started loving my wife. I love her more and more every hour, “

Shehu thus prayed the court to grant him time to resolve their differences.

The judge, Murtal Nasir, after he had heard both parties, ordered the complainant to testify on her allegation on battery.

Advertisement

He then adjourned the case.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending