Connect with us

Latest news

Boko Haram: Buhari Govt Won’t Mame Terrorists Sponsors Because They’re Muslims – HURIWA Alleges

Published

on

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria, HURIWA, has accused the President Muhammadu Buhari administration of concealing the identities of sponsors of terrorist group Boko Haram because they are Muslims.

This is contrary to what it (HURIWA) described as tepid explanation recently offered by the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Alhaji Abubakar Malami (SAN), that government won’t disclose identity of sponsors of terrorism in Nigeria because that will imperil or undermine investigation.

HURIWA, in a statement signed by its National Coordinator, Comrade Emmanuel Onwubiko, and made available to DAILY POST on Thursday, said the AGF was being economical with the truth because his office had already filed the suit before the competent court of law meaning that investigations are concluded.

Advertisement

HURIWA said the current government is heavily pro-Muslim North and is just protecting the interest of the region from which key players of the government came from.

HURIWA insists that the claims made by the minister do not make sense, carpeting the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court for not allowing accredited journalists to have unfettered access to the records of the indicted persons.

Malami had in New York, United States, said that the Buhari administration will not name sponsors of terrorism at the moment so it won’t jeopardise investigations.

HURIWA further questioned why Malami is being clever by half by dishing out what it described as jaundiced, highly toxic and outrightly despicable “tales by moonlight” in which he thinks he can deceive even the youngest infant with such an illogical and infantile excuse he has offered for not releasing the names of the sponsors of boko haram terrorists.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Malami Explains Why Buhari Govt Will Not Reveals Boko Haram Sponsors

“The truth is that 99 percent of those doing the bureau de change business in Kano where the bulk of the suspects were allegedly caught are Moslem North and so it is clear that most of the decisions of this government including granting Amnesty to boko haram terrorists that have killed over 33, 000 citizens, these decisions are highly irresponsible and are just Northern settlement for terrorists and nothing more,” the rights group said.

It continues, “It is unreasonable that a government is much more interested in protecting terrorists and their sponsors than the victims and indeed against the collective interests of the Nigerian public. This is absurd and comical”.

(DAILY POST)

Advertisement


  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Latest news

Drogba Returns, Scores Hat-trick Against Arsene Wenger’s Team

Published

on

By

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba, on Wednesday night, returned to action to score a hat-trick against Arsene Wenger’s UNICEF XI team in a charity match.

Wenger returned to management to lead a UNICEF XI out against Marseille legends.

Wenger’s side moved into a 2-1 lead at the Stade Velodrome in his first.

Advertisement

However, Drogba stole the show with his trio of goals for Marseille legends.

The Ivory Coast legend found the net twice and then even dusted off his infamous celebration for his third goal.

Marseille legends triumphed 7-4 against UNICEF XI.

READ ALSO: Mikel Obi Reveals Player Who Helped Him At Chelsea

Advertisement

Formula One hotshot Pierre Gasly was also on target in the enthralling game.

Meanwhile, Robert Pires, Jens Lehmann, Mathieu Flamini and Samir Nasri, all Arsenal legends under Wenger, made appearances last night.

Advertisement

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Crime

EFCC Bursts Internet Fraudsters Hideout, Arrests 22

Published

on

By

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan Zonal Command, has arrested 22 “Yahoo Boys” for alleged involvement in internet fraud.

The suspects were identified as Akintunde Ibrahim Olajide, Yusuf Taiye Afeez, Jimoh Idris Okikiola, Adeyemo Wariz Adegoke, Ademola Olalekan Saheed, Anif Abayomi Busayo, Oriade Sunday Oluwatobi, Ajadi Opeyemi Damilola.

Others include, Peter Akanji Blessing,Olaoluwa Felix Oguniran, Agbei Shola Peter, Toheeb Adeagbo Tola, Ajayi Akinyinka Umar, Ibrahim Opeyemi Ishola, Samson Shonubi Oluwafemi, Oki Kayode Oluwadunsi, Durosamo Temitope Dickson, Akinremi Ridwan Abiodun, Ahmed Ogunyele and Olawore Ridwan Olalekan.

Advertisement

They were apprehended during an operation at their hideout in Ogbomoso, Oyo State based on intelligence on their alleged criminal activities.

At the point of their arrest, five cars, several mobile phones, laptops and other incriminating documents were recovered from them.

READ ALSO: EFCC Arrests 11 ‘Yahoo Boys’ In Edo

The Commission said twenty of the 22 suspects have been indicted by investigation.

Advertisement

It added that they would be charged to court as soon as the investigation was concluded.


  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Latest news

Six Parties Ready To Merge, Contest Against APC, PDP – Moghalu

Published

on

By

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

A former presidential candidate in the 2019 general election, Kingsley Moghalu has claimed that at least six political parties have indicated their interest to merge and form a mega party ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Moghalu stated this when he hosted Nze Akachukwu Nwankpo, the candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) for the November 6 governorship poll in Anambra State.

The ex-Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, who recently defected to the ADC, also called on Nigerians to register in order to be eligible to vote in 2023.

Advertisement

DAILY POST quoted him him: “We hope to be a key part of a much larger third force that is building up for the presidential elections which will include a merger of about six or seven or more parties.

“So, I believe that in the 2023 elections the citizens of Nigeria should not allow it to be a contest between two sides of the same coin because there is no difference. It should be a battle between the old and the new – between the old Nigerian and the possibilities for a new Nigeria. That is what 2023 should be,” Moghalu said.

Advertisement

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading