Politics
BREAKING: PDP, LP, ADC Demand Fresh Elections, Ask Yakubu To Step Aside

The Peoples Democratic Party, the Labour Party and the African Democratic Party have asked the Chairman of the Independent Electoral Commission, Mahmood Yakubu, to step aside.
The three parties in a joint press conference on Tuesday, in Abuja alleged that the February 2023 presidential election was marred with violence, rigging and intimidation of voters.
The parties demanded the conduct of a fresh election.
“We are therefore constrained on this development to state that INEC compromised the integrity of this elections even before collation commenced at the polling units.
READ ALSO: JUST IN: Protest Breaks Out In Asaba Over Elections
“Section 60 sub-section 5 of the Electoral Act says that the presiding officer shall transfer the results, including total number of accredited voter and the results of the ballots in a manner as prescribed by the commission.
“A failure to comply with the provisions of the Electoral Act and the guidelines makes it imperative that all results recently uploaded on the IReV portal must be updated before they are announced.
“INEC went back on that promise…This election is not free and far from being fair and transparent.”
“We shall not be part of the electoral process currently going on at the National Collation Centre and we demand that this sham of an election be immediately cancelled.
“We also call for a fresh election to be carried out in accordance to the laid down INEC procedure.”
“We therefore call on Yakubu to step aside from his role,” the LP National Chairman, Julius Abure, who delivered the position of the three opposition parties, said.
The parties asked Yakubu to step aside from his role as INEC Chairman for a “credible personality” outside the commission to take his place and oversee the process that would be acceptable to all stakeholders and will restore the confidence of the international community, the democratic process and institutions.
We have a responsibility to the millions of Nigerians who put their faith in us and our presidential candidates to defend our country from the forces that seek to tear us apart.
READ ALSO: BREAKING: Collation Officer Suspends Rivers Result Announcement Over Threats To Life
We are calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to stand by his promise to Nigerians to leave a legacy of free, fair, transparent and credible elections to the country
President Buhari this is the time of great test of your integrity use your office to save Nigeria from this electoral mismanagement and save your legacy that seek to mar your democratic legacy.
We call on Nigerians to join us in defending the democracy of our country.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News5 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News5 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
News5 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
Politics5 days agoJUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro4 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
News2 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France















