Connect with us

Metro

BREAKING: Police Re-arrest Mohbad’s friend, Primeboy

Published

on

The Lagos State Police Command has re-arrested afro singer, Ibrahim Owodunni, aka Primeboy.

It was learnt that Primeboy was arrested Tuesday morning during his visit to the State Criminal Investigation Department at Panti, Yaba, alongside Ayobami Fisayo aka Spending.

Advertisement

A source privy to the development told our correspondent that Primeboy and Spending had been asked to visit the SCID every week since the commencement of the investigation into the circumstances leading to the death of singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad.

Primeboy was, however, detained during Tuesday’s visit while Spending was released.

READ ALSO: 34-year-old Man Arrested With 44,950 Pills Of Tramadol In Borno

Advertisement

Both of them had gone to register their presence at SCID this morning as they have been asked to report every week. But when they got there, Primeboy was immediately handcuffed and detained. They allowed only Spending to go after he had signed. Primeboy has been locked up as I speak,” the source disclosed.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, said he was not aware of the arrest. He, however, promised to find out.

“I am not aware. Let me find out,” he said.

Advertisement

During its probe, the police declared Primeboy wanted on October 4, 2023, after which he turned himself in two days later.

Meanwhile, Mohbad’s father, Joseph Aloba, had filed an application in January at the coroner court sitting in the Ikorodu area of the state, seeking to call more witnesses in the bid to unravel the cause of his son’s death.

READ ALSO: Mohbad’s Father Drags Primeboy, Others Before Coroner

Advertisement

The witnesses requested to testify before the court include, Primeboy, Spending and Boluwatife Adeyemo aka Darosha; all of whom were alleged to have been with the deceased at the material time.

Mohbad died on September 12 at the age of 27, with circumstances surrounding his death sparking controversies on social media.

Being a former record label signee of Marlian Music owned by Naira Marley, Mohbad left the label in February 2022.

Advertisement

The state Police Command had on September 18, 2023, inaugurated a 13-man special investigation team to probe the death.

READ ALSO: Mohbad: Naira Marley, Sam Larry Return To Social Scene

His death also led to the arrest of Naira Marley, and controversial Lagos socialite, Balogun Eletu, aka Sam Larry, amongst others.

Advertisement

The body of Mohbad was on September 21, 2023, exhumed for autopsy to unravel the cause of his death.

Hundeyin had tweeted in September 2023 that an “autopsy has been concluded” and the police were “awaiting result.”

Meanwhile, Aloba, in November 2023, had stated that nobody should collect his son’s body for burial without his authorisation.

Advertisement

In an interview with The PUNCH in December 2023, Hundeyin reiterated that the command had not received the report of the autopsy conducted on Mohbad from the pathologists.

Advertisement

Metro

Drama At Benin Motor Park As Pastor Chase Away Colleague, Claims Exclusive Preaching Rights

Published

on

Drama erupted at Ologbo Park by Agip Filling Station, along Sapele Road, Benin City, when a popular evangelist known as Pastor Evidence threw caution to the wind and chased away a colleague-pastor who came to the park to preach to passengers travelling from Benin to Warri, Delta State.

It is a common practice in most of the motor parks in Benin seeing pastors or better put, evangelists, preaching to passengers who are about embarking on a journey.

Advertisement

These pastors or evangelists thereafter offer prayers to Almighty God for a safe trip on behalf of the passengers, and in return solicit for financial assistance from the passengers for the support of their evangelical work.

READ ALSO: Edo Sports Commission Boss Celebrates Okpehbolo On Birthday

However, this voluntary preaching of the gospel turned something else on Sunday morning at the park as Pastor Evidence, in the full glare of passengers, conductors and passersby, ordered his colleague to leave the park in a loud voice, claiming the exclusive preaching right to the park.

Advertisement

The development angered some of the bus drivers as they came in their number in defence of the pastor.

The incident caused commotion and division amongst the drivers.

While some supported the action of the pastor others condemned him. They accused him of greed and being hostile to a fellow preacher.

Advertisement

A traveller who witnessed the drama criticized Pastor Evidence, saying that his actions exemplify the commercialisation of the gospel.

The passenger who spoke in anonymity said: “This is shameful. A so-called man of God can do this to a fellow pastor. Is it because of the little offering from passengers? His action further speak to the commercialisation of the word of God by fake pastors.”

 

Advertisement

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Anambra Lady, Lover Arrested For Staging Own Kidnap

Published

on

The Anambra State Police Command has arrested two suspects for faking a kidnap and recovered the sum of ₦1.2million, being part of the ransom earlier paid by the supposed kidnapped victim’s family members.

According to a statement released by the spokesman for the command, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, on Saturday, the suspects, identified as Nmesoma Nwoye, female, aged 23 years, and Chibuike Ogbu, male, aged 24 years, were arrested after intelligence-led operations uncovered that the supposed victim conspired with Chibuike (her boyfriend) to stage her own abduction.

Advertisement

Ikenga said that the suspects initially demanded ₦15million ransom, and after negotiation, ₦3million was transferred into the victim’s account.

READ ALSO:Police Arrest Ex-Soldier, Four Others Over Armed Robbery, Kidnapping In Anambra

He said following the arrest of the suspects, the Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Ikioye Orutugu, expressed deep concern over the rising cases of moral decadence in the society, adding that the suspects were arrested by police operatives attached to the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu.

Advertisement

The statement read, “The suspects identified as Nmesoma Josephine Nwoye, female, aged 23 years, and Chibuike Ogbu, male, aged 24 years, were arrested after intelligence-led operations uncovered that the supposed victim conspired with Chibuike (her boyfriend) to stage her own abduction.

“The operatives also recovered the sum of ₦1,200,000, being part of the ransom earlier paid by the girl’s family members.

“Further information reveals that the suspects demanded ₦15million ransom, and after negotiation, ₦3million was transferred into the victim’s account.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Police Arrest Ex-Soldier, Four Others Over Armed Robbery, Kidnapping In Anambra

Reacting to the development, CP Orutugu described the incident as a reflection of the rising moral decay in the society, where young people are increasingly resorting to criminality for selfish gains.”

According to him, the CP urged parents, guardians, and religious leaders to intensify efforts in inculcating discipline, integrity, and sound values in their children and wards.

Advertisement

The CP also warned youths against engaging in self-destructive ventures, stressing that the long arm of the law will always catch up with criminals, no matter how cleverly disguised their schemes may be,” the statement added.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

35-year-old Man Electrocuted In Ebonyi

Published

on

A 35-year-old man identified as Peter Ugochukwu Odom, a native of Oyinkwa village in Amachi Community, was reportedly electrocuted while erecting a pole at Nkwoagu in Abakaliki Local Government Area of the State.

It was gathered that the deceased, who worked with Ibortic Concrete Investment Ltd, was part of a team contracted to install new poles in the area.

Advertisement

It was in the course of mounting the poles that he accidentally touched a live high-tension wire, leading to his instant electrocution.

READ ALSO:UK Bars Over 100 Job Roles From Foreign Recruitment To Curb Migration

Confirming the incident, the Managing Director of the company, Mr. Peter Ibor Chukwuemeka, who also disclosed that the victim was his younger brother, expressed deep grief over the loss.

Advertisement

According to him, the team had been invited by a customer to deliver and mount a concrete pole near Nkwoagu.

We were called for the job. The customer assured my boys that power had already been disconnected from the high-tension line in the area. Unfortunately, that information was false.

READ ALSO:Lawyer Sues Sanwo-Olu For Blocking Him On X

Advertisement

While attempting to erect the pole, it mistakenly touched the high-tension wire, and my brother got electrocuted instantly,” he explained.

He said that the victim was first rushed to the military clinic within the cantonment before being transferred to the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital (AE-FUTHA II), where doctors confirmed him dead.

Mr. Chukwuemeka lamented that the deceased, who had worked with him for over three years, was a diligent staff and the breadwinner of his young family.

Advertisement

The victim’s uncle, Mr. Ezeode Samuel, confirmed the incident and described the incident as a great loss to the family, adding that burial arrangements would be decided after consultations.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending