News
BREAKING: Terrorists Release Another Four Kaduna Train Attack Victims
Published
3 years agoon
By
Editor
The terrorists that attacked the AK-9 Abuja-Kaduna train passengers on March 28, on Friday, released four more hostages including an 85-year-old woman, Hajiya Halimatu Atta, her daughter, Adams Aliyu and two others after spending four months in captivity.
Tukur Mamu, Publisher of Kaduna-based Desert Herald and Media Consultant to controversial Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, who withdrew as one of the negotiators, confirmed the release of the four hostages to newsmen in Kaduna.
Mamu also disclosed that if urgent steps were not taken, a 21-year-old Arzurfa Lois John might be married out to one of the terrorists as was in the case of Leah Sharibu, the Dapchi schoolgirl.
READ ALSO:Bandits Release 35 Victims In Kaduna Community, Hold One
According to him, one of the terrorists’ commanders was said to be in love with Lois.
Mamu gave the identities of those released to include, Mama Halimatu Atta, her daughter, Adams, Mohammed Sani Abdulmaji (M.S Ustaz) (who suggested his (Mamu) names to the terrorists as one those to mediate) as well as a Sokoto indigene, Alhaji Modin Modi Bodinga.
Mamu said the terrorists planned to marry off the 21-year-old girl, alerting the Federal Government and the Christian Association of Nigeria to act urgently.
According to him, the CAN must not politicise or take the information with levity, adding that relevant authorities should engage the abductors in her (Lois) case as soon as possible before it is late.
He said, “I can confirm that earlier on Friday, four additional victims of the train attack were released by their abductors. The four released victims just left my office.
“They said they came collectively to thank me for the past efforts I made to mediate on their behalf and for convincing their abductors to drop the threats of executing them and to plead for all stakeholders especially the federal government to intensify efforts as the condition of the remaining 23 victims they left at the forest is pathetic.
“Amongst those that were released on Friday includes the oldest victim, a grandmother, Mama Halimatu Atta. She is 90 years old. Also released is her daughter, a 53-year-old married woman, Adama Atta Aliyu, (the woman that was bravely shown in the last video protesting and challenging her captors and lamenting failure to secure their release). The victim that first suggested my name to the abductors, as one of those to be contacted to mediate between them and the federal government, Mohammed Sani Abdulmaji (M.S Ustaz) and a Sokoto indigene, Alhaji Modin Modi Bodinga were also released on Friday.
READ ALSO: BREAKING: Kaduna-Abuja Kdnap: Terrorists Release Seven More Passengers
“This is to alert the federal government and especially the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) that I can confirm through credible information at my disposal that if urgent action is not taken to immediately secure the release of the youngest victim of the train attack, a 21-year-old Azurfa Lois John, the abductors as they have done in the case of Leah Sharibu are planning to marry her any moment from now. One of the top commanders is said to be in love with her.
“This important information should be treated with the urgency it deserves. Even though I know that releasing this information will not only unsettle her immediate family and loved ones but Nigerians as a whole, it is necessary to do so to avoid a repeat of Leah Sharibu’s case.
“I advise CAN in particular not to politicise this issue or reduce it to mere press releases as I have seen in the past but to work closely with relevant authorities to engage the abductors on her case as soon as possible before it is late.
“I pray that in view of the uncertainties which are becoming alarming, the federal government will also act very fast to ensure the release of all the remaining victims.”
There was no mention of whether or not ransom was paid for the release of the four hostages but the terrorists had demanded N100m per each victim before those earlier set free, were released.
With the release of the sixth batch of four hostages on Friday, 23 hostages are still in the custody of the terrorists.
READ ALSO: JUST IN: Bandits Release Four More Kaduna-Abuja Train Victims
On 28 March 2022, terrorists planted explosive devices along the rail track and when the Abuja-Kaduna bound AK-9 passenger train approached the point, the device exploded, causing the train to derail, leading to the death of eight passengers.
News
INEC CVR: CSO Expresses Worry Over Poor Deployment Of Machines, Manpower To LGs In Edo
Published
3 hours agoon
August 29, 2025By
Editor
By Joseph Ebi Kanjo
Edo Civil Society Organisations (EDOCSO) has expressed worry over the poor deployment of capturing machines and manpower to Igueben Local Government Area of the state by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the ongoing Ongoing Continuous Voters Registration (CVR).
The Coordinator, EDOCSO, Igueben Study Centre, Leftist Enabulele Larry, and Secretary, Leftist Mark Akande expressed the CSO sentiment when the duo visited the INEC headquarters in Igueben where the CBR in the local government is taking place.
In a statement made available to INFO DAILY on Friday, the leadership of EDOCSO, Igueben Study Centre condemned the “use of only two capturing devices in a local government with over 69, 396 in population.”
READ ALSO:Things To Know As INEC Begins Physical Voter Registration Monday
The duo noted in the statement that their findings at the INEC headquarters revealed two capturing machines were deployed to each local government across the 18 local government areas of the state.
The civil society members said INEC excuse of deploying two capturing machines to each local government was not germane enough because many do not have a computer or android phone to do the online registration INEC gave as an excuse.
“The question here is, what is the percentage of our people mostly the aged individuals, that have access to Android mobile and other internet gadgets in Edo state?
READ ALSO: ADC: Why INEC Has Not Recognised David Mark, Others
“How many people can afford internet data to enable them have access internet services in Edo state under the current excruciating economic pains by the people?
“How many of the Edo people can even manipulate the Android mobile phone to the extent of navigating the internet hurdles to undertake the job is INEC? If INEC is not ready for the job, they should tell Nigerians.
“If citizens are now advised to individually undertake the statutory job of INEC, of what purpose does the commission serve to the people? etc,” they said.
As at when filing this report, INFO DAILY was yet to get a reply from the message sent to the INEC in Edo for reaction.
News
Edo Sports Commission Boss Celebrates Okpehbolo On Birthday
Published
8 hours agoon
August 29, 2025By
Editor
The Executive Chairman of the Edo State Sports Commission, Hon. Amadin Desmond Enabulele, has felicated with Governor Monday Okpebholo, on the occasion of his birthday.
In a statement issued on Friday by his Media Officer, Edoko Wilson Edoko, Enabulele Okpebholo as a visionary leader whose dedication to the growth and development of the state has continued to inspire confidence and admiration across all sectors, especially sports.
Enabulele, who highlighted the governor’s unwavering commitment to youth empowerment through sports development, noted that under his leadership, Edo State has witnessed significant strides in grassroots sporting initiatives and infrastructure.
READ ALSO: Enabulele Confident Of Team Edo’s Success At 2025 NYG
“His Excellency, Senator Monday Okpebholo, is not just a political leader but a beacon of hope for the younger generation.
“His passion for excellence and inclusive governance is evident in the way he has continued to support policies that uplift our youths and promote sporting excellence,” the statement read.
The Executive Chairman prayed for long life, good health, and continued wisdom for the governor as he steers the affairs of the state towards greater prosperity.
“On behalf of the entire Edo State Sports Commission, I extend our warmest birthday wishes to His Excellency at 55. May this new chapter of his life be filled with more accomplishments and divine grace,” he added.

The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, has suspended two of his chiefs for falling for dereliction of duties.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the Benin Traditional Council (BTC), Frank Irabor and made available to journalists in Benin City.
He said their suspension was as a result of their long absence from the palace, resulting in their failure to carry out their palace responsibilities.
The suspended persons are: Chief John Igiehon, the Izuwako of Benin and chief Aimiukpomonyako Oghogho (Ebengho), the Oyenmwensoba of Benin.
READ ALSO: Oba Of Benin Suspends 67 Dukes
“The under-mentioned two (2) chiefs have been suspended from the Palace of the Oba of Benin.
“This is as a result of their long absence from the Palace, resulting in their failure to carry out their Palace responsibilities.
“The public is advised to be wary of unscrupulous chiefs that are no longer functioning in the Palace. His Royal Majesty has approved their _ Suspension and directed the public be duly informed.
“The names of the chiefs are: – ; 1. CHIEF JOHN IGIEHON, THE IZUWAKO OF BENIN and, _ 2 CHIEF AIMIUKPOMONYAKO OGHOGHO (EBENGHO), THE OYENMWENSOBA OF BENIN”, the statement said.
- INEC CVR: CSO Expresses Worry Over Poor Deployment Of Machines, Manpower To LGs In Edo
- Three Killed As Suspected Bandits Ambush Motorists In Kwara
- Suspected Amasiri Warriors Invade Ebonyi Community, Behead Farmer Amid Land Dispute
- DSS Charges Nine Over Benue, Plateau Massacres
- Marafa’s Loyalists Quit APC, Cite Neglect Of Zamfara
- Why I’d Choose Tinubu Over Obi – Adeyanju
- Edo Sports Commission Boss Celebrates Okpehbolo On Birthday
- Oba Of Benin Suspends Palace Chiefs
- Lawyers Fault EFCC Statement, Say It’s Misleading
- Tricycle Riders Sentenced To Five Years Over WhatsApp Group Mobilising Protest Against Nigerian Gov
Trending
- Politics4 days ago
[BREAKING] Edo: APC Suspends Ex-senatorial Aspirant Of Party
- News4 days ago
NAFDAC Warns Of Fake Postinor-2 In Circulation
- Headline4 days ago
US Comedian Reggie Carroll Shot Dead In Mississippi
- Metro5 days ago
UNIZIK Suspends Doctors, Nurses, Security Personnel Over 100-level Student’s Death
- Headline4 days ago
US Defends New Social Media Vetting For Nigerian Visa Applicants
- News1 day ago
JUST IN: Immigration Hikes Passport Fees To N100,000, N200,000
- Politics4 days ago
PDP Zones 2027 Presidential Ticket To South
- Politics4 days ago
Why APC Candidates Contested 2023 LG Election Despite Intimidation — State Chairman
- Sports4 days ago
Brazil Names Squad Without Neymar, Vinicius For World Cup Qualifiers [FULL LIST]
- Metro5 days ago
Youths Uncover Man Chained By Father For Five Years In Anambra