Metro
Court Sentences Ogun Couple, Son’s Killers To Death By Hanging

An Ogun State High Court sitting in Kobape, Abeokuta, the state capital, on Monday sentenced Lekan Adekanbi, Ahmed Odetola, and Waheed Adeniyi to death by hanging for the murder of Kehinde Fatinoye, his wife, Bukola Fatinoye, and their son, Oreoluwa, on January 1, 2023.
The couple was attacked at their Ibara GRA residence shortly after returning from a crossover service.
Led by their driver, Adekanbi, the assailants invaded their home at about 2am, killing them before setting the house and their bodies on fire.
They also tied up their son, Oreoluwa, and an adopted son before throwing them into the Ogun River.
Oreoluwa did not survive, but the adopted son miraculously escaped.
During an interview with journalists in February 2023, Adekanbi confessed that he orchestrated the attack because the Fatinoyes refused to increase his salary or grant him a loan.
READ ALSO: Court Remands Husband For Severing Wife’s Hand
“I took the step because the couple refused to increase my salary, and when I approached them for a loan to buy a motorcycle, they didn’t oblige,” he admitted.
He revealed that he invited two accomplices, Odetola and Adeniyi, to help him rob the couple.
“The three of us waited for the couple until they came back from the crossover service. We pounced on them immediately after they entered the house,” he said.
According to him, they forced Kehinde Fatinoye to transfer N1,102,000 to his Access Bank account at gunpoint after a previous transfer attempt to Odetola’s Kuda Bank account failed.
“When I realised that my identity had been exposed through my bank account, I decided with others to terminate the lives of the couple,” he confessed.
Adeniyi then used a knife to slaughter Kehinde Fatinoye, while Adekanbi struck Bukola Fatinoye on the head with a sledgehammer, killing her instantly.
When the couple’s son, Oreoluwa, and their adopted son, Felix Olorunyomi, walked in, the criminals tied them up and threw them into the Ogun River, Felix managed to escape.
READ ALSO: Ogun Slams Six-month Suspension On Monarch Assaulting Man In Viral Video
The Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, recounted how Adekanbi initially escaped from custody after faking an illness.
“The suspect, Lekan Adekanbi, suddenly collapsed in the cell on January 2, 2023, and was rushed to the hospital for medical care. But while receiving treatment, he suddenly jumped from the bed and escaped through the hospital fence,” Oyeyemi said.
Following a technical and intelligence-driven investigation, police tracked him to his brother’s house in Iseyin, Oyo State.
Although he had fled before officers arrived, he was later arrested in Abeokuta on January 21, 2023.
His accomplices, Odetola and Adeniyi, were arrested in Ogere on February 9, 2023.
“The three suspects, who are members of the Aiye confraternity, have all confessed to their roles in the gruesome and callous murder of the family,” Oyeyemi stated.
READ ALSO: Police Rescue Three Kidnap Victims, Kill Five Suspects In Ogun
Adekanbi, Odetola, and Adeniyi, along with six others, were charged with 24 counts, including conspiracy to commit armed robbery, murder, arson, and perverting the course of justice. They pleaded not guilty.
Delivering her judgment, Justice Basirat Adebowale ruled, “The trio of Adekanbi, Odetola, and Adeniyi are guilty of nine counts because the prosecution has proved its case beyond reasonable doubt.”
Adebowale sentenced them to death by hanging.
“You, Adekanbi, Odetola, and Adeniyi, for killing a father, mother, and son, do not deserve mercy. You are hereby sentenced to be hanged by the neck until you are dead or by lethal injection. May God have mercy on your souls,” she declared.
Other sentences included: Temitope Fadairo (Adekanbi’s wife) to two years imprisonment for hiding her husband, Adenike Adekanbi (Adekanbi’s mother) to one-year imprisonment for providing false statements to the police, Azeez Usman (the welder who dismantled the stolen vehicle) to 14 years imprisonment for receiving stolen property, plus additional sentences to run concurrently, Anuoluwapo Owolaja to two years imprisonment, Abass Odetola and Lukmon Adewusi were discharged of all charges.
READ ALSO: Court Remands 13 Chinese Nationals Over Cybercrime, Security Breach
During the trial, Chief State Counsel, Adefisoye Temilola, told the court that the trio committed the crime at Karounwi Street, Ibara Housing Estate, Abeokuta.
“The defendants, while armed with a gun, hammer, and cutlass, robbed Mr. Fatinoye of N1.102 million and a Hyundai vehicle worth N12 million. They also robbed Mrs. Bukola Fatinoye of her phones valued at N1 million.
“After robbing the couple, Adeniyi used a knife to slaughter Kehinde Fatinoye, while Adekanbi struck Bukola on the head with a sledgehammer.
“They set the house ablaze and killed their only son, Oreoluwa, by tying his hands and legs and throwing him into the Ogun River, leading to his death.” Temilola said.
Metro
Violence Rocks APC Reps Primary In Ekiti Ward, Exercise Declared Inconclusive

Chaos erupted at the All Progressives Congress, APC, primary for Ward 10, Fajuyi Pavilion, Ado Local Government Area of Ekiti State on Saturday.
Electoral officials halted the process and declared it inconclusive after violence broke out among party supporters.
The primary pitted Olushola Fatoba against Tope Ogunleye, widely known as RST. Loyalists and agents of both aspirants had converged on Fajuyi Pavilion before voting was scheduled to begin.
According to eyewitnesses, tensions rose when suspected thugs allegedly backing Fatoba stormed the venue wielding canes and firearms. Their arrival appeared aimed at intimidating Ogunleye’s supporters and suppressing turnout.
READ ALSO:APC Clears Wike Loyalists, Disqualifies All Fubara-aligned Aspirants For State Assembly
Despite the hostile atmosphere, Ogunleye’s backers held their ground, chanting solidarity songs in support of their candidate. Voting eventually started under heavy tension.
Observers at the scene said Ogunleye seemed to have the larger share of support among members present, with his base visibly outnumbering the opposition.
Violence broke out after Fatoba’s camp allegedly sensed an imminent loss. Clashes between both groups forced an abrupt end to voting.
During the unrest, Ogunleye’s agent, Mr. Sunday, was assaulted. Another member, Mr. Femi Ogunleye, was reportedly beaten and his Tecno Spark 9 phone seized. A female supporter, Mrs. Oluwaseun Osamuwa, was also attacked and her Apple Smart Wrist Watch stolen. Both Mr. Femi Ogunleye and Mrs. Osamuwa sustained injuries and were rushed to hospital.
READ ALSO:Rumblings In APC Over Aborted Deal With Lawmakers
As of press time, no winner had emerged and the Ward 10 primary remained inconclusive.
The violence has renewed concerns over thuggery and intimidation in internal party elections. Party members and political observers say the incident raises serious questions about voters’ ability to freely choose candidates without fear.
Stakeholders are calling on security agencies and electoral authorities to probe the disruption, ensure justice for those attacked, and safeguard the credibility of future primaries.
Metro
My Wife Destroyed My Property, Instigated Our Children To Beat Me, Man Tells Court

The Grade A Customary Court, Court 2, sitting in Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, has delivered judgment in a divorce suit filed by a man, Theophilus, against his wife, Aina, whom she accused of lack of affection, frequent quarrels, and domestic violence.
According to Theophilus, Aina was stubborn and always insisted on having things her own way.
He further said that she was disobedient and refused to listen to him.
The plaintiff also told the court that the defendant was hostile towards their friends and neighbours, which often led to conflicts between them.
READ ALSO:My Wife Attempted Suicide, Turned Our Children Against Me ‘Cos I Suddenly Became Poor —Husband
He further claimed that Aina was violent and would attack him with any object within her reach during disagreements.
In addition, he accused her of destroying his property whenever they had differences.
Theophilus also explained that Aina turned their children against him.
He stated that they assaulted him and damaged his belongings.
He told the court that he eventually left their home because he feared for his safety and believed that the defendant intended to harm him.
READ ALSO:My Husband Is A Figurehead, I Feed Our Five Children, Pay Their Fees
The plaintiff therefore appealed to the court to dissolve their marriage and also requested an order restraining Aina from threatening him or interfering with his privacy.
Aina was absent from court despite being served court summons.
Theophilus, while giving his testimony before the court, stated, “I have not enjoyed peace or rest of mind since I married my wife.
“I paid her bride price to her family, but they rejected it.
“My wife is far from being a virtuous woman.
“She was never submissive and was always full of herself.
READ ALSO:My Wife Of 22yrs Denies Me Sex —Husband
“She had no respect for me and disobeyed my instructions whenever she wished.
“She neither listened to me nor accepted my advice.
“My wife was also violent.
“During disagreements, she attacked me with any dangerous object she could lay her hands on.
“On three different occasions, Aina destroyed my property.
“Our neighbours and friends were not exempt from her hostility.
READ ALSO:Man Jumped To His Death To Avoid Being Caught By Lover’s Husband
“She was constantly at loggerheads with them and fought with them on several occasions.
“My wife also turned our children against me.
“They beat me mercilessly and nearly killed me.
“They also destroyed my belongings.
“I left the house after the incident because it became obvious that my wife wanted me dead.
READ ALSO:My Husband Is A Figurehead, I Feed Our Five Children, Pay Their Fees
“I came to court to seek the dissolution of our marriage because my wife’s presence in my life has brought me nothing but pain and suffering.
“I sincerely appeal to the court to dissolve our marriage.
“I also request an order restraining her from threatening me or interfering with my privacy.”
The Court President, Mrs. O. E. Owoseni, while delivering judgment, stated that there was no valid marriage to dissolve because no marital rites were performed, and no bride price was paid.
Owoseni also issued an order restraining the defendant from threatening or interfering with the plaintiff’s private life
Metro
‘I Have Nowhere To Go, He Married Me At 14yrs Old, Now He Wants Divorce 30yrs After’

A 44-year-old woman, Zainab Isah, has told a Shari’a Court 1 sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna, Kaduna State, that she had nowhere to go after her divorce from her husband, Alhaji Abdulhamid.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Zainab told the court that Abdulhamid married her when she was 14 years old.
“I have been married to him for 30 years now and our union is blessed with 10 children,” she stated.
She further said that her husband divorced her on January 1.
READ ALSO:My Husband Disappeared From Home For Six Years, Left Me, Our Children To Starve — Wife
“I am yet to complete my waiting period (Iddah), as required under Islam.
“I lived in peace with my co-wives but I can’t leave my children for them; three of my children are sick,” she said.
Earlier , Abdulrashid Musa, counsel to Abdulhamid, prayed the court to compel Zainab to leave his house since they were no longer married.
He said he had issued two pronouncement of divorce to the defendant.
READ ALSO:After Divorce, She Became A Tenant In My House —Ex-husband
The first, he said was pronounced on December 29, 2025, adding that she had finished her Iddah.
He stated that all efforts made by him to ensure she leaves his house, failed.
He alleged that she was causing trouble for his other wives.
READ ALSO:My Wife Swore To Kill Me, Stopped Cooking For Me — Husband
The complainant however, told the court that he was ready to pay for his ex wife’s rent when she gets a new place to live with her children.
The judge, Malam Mu’awiya Shehu said the rights of a woman for shelter, feeding and other provisions by the husband ends when divorce occur adding that only the children have the right to be taken care of .
He adjourned the matter to June 1 for the defendant to find a new place she can relocate to with her children.
News4 days agoGun Battle In Oyo Forest As Police Disrupt ₦10m Ransom Collection Plot
Politics3 days agoFour Fubara Loyalists Disqualified As APC Clears 21 For Rivers Reps Primaries
Metro4 days agoDrama As Teenagers Stage Secret Wedding With N3,000 Bride Price
Politics3 days ago2027: Court Rebukes Plaintiff, Lawyer In Suit Against Jonathan, Awards N1m Fine
News3 days agoLagos Sanctions 15 Money Lending Companies For Sharp Practices
Politics5 days ago2027: Daniel-Abiodun Feud Deepens Over Senatorial Ticket For Ogun East
News4 days agoPAP Sends Additional 15 Scholarship Beneficiaries For Post-Graduate Studies In UK
Sports4 days agoCAF Introduces New Laws After Chaotic AFCON Final In Morocco
Entertainment5 days agoGrammy Announces Date For 2027 Awards Nominations
News5 days agoSleep Timing Irregularity Could Double Risk Of Heart Attack, Experts Warn
















