Headline
Diddy Accused By Dozens Of Children In Fresh Sexual Assault Lawsuit

More than 100 people, including dozens of children, who say they were victims of rape, sexual assault and sexual exploitation at the hands of Sean “Diddy” Combs are to sue the US rap star, a lawyer said Tuesday.
The latest legal action will heap further pressure on a man who once bestrode American pop culture, but who has long been dogged by accusations of violent abuse of women, and who is now sitting in jail on criminal charges.
“The biggest secret in the entertainment industry, that really wasn’t a secret at all, has finally been revealed to the world,” Texas-based attorney Tony Buzbee said as he announced plans by 120 people, including 25 minors, to take civil action.
“The wall of silence has now been broken, and victims are coming forward.”
READ ALSO: Five Worshippers Dead, Several Hospitalised After Church Feast In Ibadan
Combs was indicted last month on three criminal counts that allege he sexually abused women and coerced them into drug-fueled sex parties using threats and violence.
Allegations have been building against the Grammy Award-winner since last year, when singer Cassie, whose real name is Casandra Ventura, alleged Combs subjected her to more than a decade of coercion by physical force and drugs as well as a 2018 rape.
A spate of similarly lurid lawsuits since have painted a picture of Combs as a violent man who used his celebrity status to prey on women.
Combs has pleaded not guilty to the criminal charges. He has been jailed awaiting trial.
READ ALSO: Singer Cassie, Diddy Settle Lawsuit Alleging R*pe
– Pattern of abuse –
At a press conference in Houston, Buzbee said more than 3,000 people had come forward with allegations against Combs, and he appealed for anyone else who might have been a victim to come forward.
He said much of the abuse Combs and members of his entourage are alleged to have carried out followed a pattern.
“I would say 90 percent of the cases, these individuals were drugged,” he told reporters.
“One individual who was 22 years at the time she was assaulted, said that… when you were handed a drink — and now we know that the drink is laced with something — if you refused to drink it, you were kicked out of the party.”
Buzbee described instances of repeated rape of teenagers, allegedly carried out by Combs and his associates.
He said alleged abuse of minors often took place in the context of a promise of fame and fortune in the music industry.
– Fears of retribution –
READ ALSO: Diddy Becomes Hip-Hop’s New Billionaire, Replaces Kanye West
One boy, who was just nine years old at the time, was taken to New York to audition for Combs’ label Bad Boy Records.
“This individual was sexually abused, allegedly by Sean Combs and several other people at the studio, in the promise to both his parents and to himself of getting a record deal,” Buzbee said.
“Another incident, an individual, 15 years old at the time, flown to New York City to attend a party, was drugged and then taken into a private room, allegedly in the presence of Mr. Combs, where this female individual, a minor, was raped, and then other individuals took turns raping her.”
Buzbee praised the courage of those who had come forward despite fears of retribution or backlash from their own communities.
“I expect that through this process, many powerful people, many dirty secrets will be revealed.
“We know what we are potentially up against, and as is always the case in situations like this, when a celebrity is involved, people can be downright mean and nasty. ”Diddy accused by 120 alleged victims in fresh sexual assault lawsuit
Headline
‘Pioneer Of Cable TV News’: Key Facts About CNN Founder, Ted Turner

Ted Turner, the media businessman who founded CNN died at the age of 87. He died peacefully on Wednesday, surrounded by family, according to Turner Enterprises.
Contents
Launched 24-hour news television
Built a media network
Expanded through sports
Recognition and influence
Philanthropy and global causes
Environmental efforts
Health and later years
Early career path
Leadership and legacy
Personal life
Exit from business
Family
Below are key facts about his life and impact:
Launched 24-hour news television
Turner founded CNN on June 1, 1980, introducing the first 24-hour news channel and changing how audiences follow global events.
READ ALSO:CNN To Layoff 200 Staff Amid Attempts To Modernise Business
Built a media network
He moved from billboards into broadcasting, turning an Atlanta TV station into a national superstation in 1976. His business later grew to include CNN International, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and Cartoon Network.
Expanded through sports
Turner invested in sports broadcasting and owned teams including the Atlanta Braves and the Atlanta Hawks, using television to reach wider audiences.
Recognition and influence
In 1991, he was named Time magazine’s Man of the Year for his role in shaping modern news coverage.
Philanthropy and global causes
He founded the United Nations Foundation and supported campaigns against nuclear weapons. In 1997, he pledged $1 billion to the United Nations.
READ ALSO:CNN President, Jeff Zucker Resigns After Failing To Disclose Secret Affair With Colleague
Turner supported conservation work, including reintroducing bison in the United States, and backed environmental education through the “Captain Planet” cartoon.
Health and later years
In 2018, Turner revealed he had Lewy body dementia. He also recovered from a mild case of pneumonia in early 2025.
Early career path
He took over his father’s billboard company at 24 after his father’s death and later expanded into radio and television, despite limited experience in journalism.
“I worked until 7 o’clock, and when I got home the news was over,” he once said. “So I missed television news completely. And I figured there were lots of people like me.”
Leadership and legacy
READ ALSO:CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee
“Ted was an intensely involved and committed leader, intrepid, fearless and always willing to back a hunch and trust his own judgement,” Mark Thompson, Chairman and CEO of CNN Worldwide, said in a statement. “He was and always will be the presiding spirit of CNN. Ted is the giant on whose shoulders we stand, and we will all take a moment today to recognize him and his impact on our lives and the world.”
Personal life
Turner married actress Jane Fonda in 1991, and they later divorced after 10 years, though they remained close.
“I would never love anyone like I love him,” she said. “But I just couldn’t keep moving in his world, along the surface for the rest of my life. I knew that I would get to the end of my life and regret not doing the things that I also needed to do for me.”
Exit from business
He sold his company to Time Warner in 1996 and later stepped away following its merger with AOL.
Reflecting on his life, Turner once said: “I lost Jane. I lost my job here. I lost my fortune, most of it. Got a billion or two left. You can get by on that if you economize.”
Family
He is survived by his five children, 14 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Headline
Iran’s Nationwide Internet Shutdown Hits 70 Days

NetBlocks, a monitoring group, has disclosed that an internet shutdown enforced by the Iranian regime has entered its 70th day, severing key access from swathes of the population under the shadow of war.
NetBlocks reported on Friday that the blackout has now surpassed 1,656 hours, marking more than two months since US-Israeli strikes pounded Tehran and escalated across the Middle East.
“Digital connectivity is vital in times of crisis,” NetBlocks said in a post on X. “Limiting service harms those most in need – people with disabilities, students, small businesses and the general public.”
READ ALSO:US Underestimated Iran Before War – France’s Bardella
According to CNN, Iran imposed a separate internet shutdown on the country’s 92 million people earlier this year, when it launched the most lethal crackdown on anti-government protesters since the Islamic Republic’s founding 47 years ago.
CNN further reports that the latest blackout has cut off another potential lifeline for Iranian residents faced with high unemployment and economic pressure exacerbated by the US-Israeli campaign.
(CNN)
Headline
Gas Prices In US Edge Down After Two Weeks Of Increases

The cost of a gallon of regular gas in the United States (US) has edged down a little more than a penny to $4.55.
According to AAA’s readings, this marks the first decline in the average gas price after 15 straight days of increases.
The decline is minuscule compared to the large increases in gas prices over the last two weeks.
According to CNN, gasoline costs rose an average of nearly 4 cents a day during that period and had several daily increases of between 7 and 9 cents.
READ ALSO:Gas Station Explosion Rocks Calabar, Scores Injured, Property Destroyed
Also Read: Trump insists US-Iran ceasefire intact despite recent exchange of fire
CNN also reports that based on past gas spikes, it will likely take weeks for gas prices to get down below $4 a gallon.
The report, however, states that a previous two-week stretch of gas price declines only shaved 14 cents off the average price, taking the average price to $4.02, before the recent 15-day run of increases.
READ ALSO:Tinubu Signs Executive Order To Protect Nigeria’s Oil & Gas Revenue
According to CNN, it could take months for the average price to fall below $3 per gallon, as it did before the war in Iran.
CNN further reports that only one state – Oklahoma – now has an average price of less than $4 a gallon, and its average stands at $3.98. California has the highest average price at $6.16.
(CNN)
Politics4 days agoFubara Clears Air On ‘Defection’ To NDC [VIDEO]
Politics2 days agoFour Fubara Loyalists Disqualified As APC Clears 21 For Rivers Reps Primaries
News3 days agoGun Battle In Oyo Forest As Police Disrupt ₦10m Ransom Collection Plot
News4 days agoEx-power Minister Jailed 75 Years Over Fraud
Politics2 days ago2027: Court Rebukes Plaintiff, Lawyer In Suit Against Jonathan, Awards N1m Fine
News2 days agoLagos Sanctions 15 Money Lending Companies For Sharp Practices
Metro3 days agoDrama As Teenagers Stage Secret Wedding With N3,000 Bride Price
Politics4 days ago2027: Daniel-Abiodun Feud Deepens Over Senatorial Ticket For Ogun East
Politics4 days ago2027: APC Clears Delta Speaker, Disqualifies 36 Aspirants
News3 days agoPAP Sends Additional 15 Scholarship Beneficiaries For Post-Graduate Studies In UK













