Connect with us

News

Edo 2020: ‘There Is Plot To Assassinate Our Members,’ PDP Alleges

Published

on

Edo State deputy governor, Philip Shaibu, has raised the alarm over an alleged assassination plot on some notable members of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) in the state ahead the September 19 governorship election.

He made the allegation Saturday in Benin while addressing Journalists on the security situation of the state as it looks forward to the governorship election in few weeks from now.

Advertisement

Shaibu said it became imperative to notify the citizens of the state and the entire world of what the state is going through at the moment.

READ ALSO: Edo 2020: APC Raises Alarm On Plan To Infiltrate Rally With Thugs Tomorrow

The deputy governor alleged that information from a reliable source has it that some group of persons have been imported into the state to eliminate some notable members of the PDP.

Advertisement

“It just to bring to the notice of Edo people and also to the entire country that we have intelligence that some individuals are in Edo State courtesy of the former National Chairman of APC and the names of these individuals and their mood of entering are communicated to the security agencies. And they have the information.

“Their assignment is to come and assassinate some known individuals in the state. I hereby bringing to the knowledge of the general public that these people are in town, we have communicated to the security agencies about their activities and why they are in town and also to use this medium to call on Mr. President to also call on the security agencies to do their work because Edo is not going to be a theatre of war and for us, we will continue to appeal to our people not to look for trouble, not to disrupt any programme, we are law abiding.

READ ALSO: Edo Assembly Invasion: Police Nab Thugs With Firearms

Advertisement

Shaibu said he has asked the PDP members not to take the laws into their hands, noting that the people of the state are law abiding citizens just as he said that the government has the sole responsibility of protecting the lives and property of its citizens.

“We have the duty to protect lives and property and that we will continue to do but just to bring to the entire nation and Edo State of the intention of these individuals and the police, the State Security Service have been communicated to them and the names of these individuals have also been communicated to the security agencies”, he said.

READ ALSO: Edo Assembly Crisis: Group Condemns Failed Attempt To Take Over House

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

News

Abducted Ondo Monarch Regains Freedom

Published

on

By

The monarch of Oso Ajowa Akoko in in Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Clement Jimoh, who was kidnapped, has regained freedom.

The traditional ruler, who was abducted in his palace, was set free by the bandits after he had spent seven days in their den.

Advertisement

According to a family source, the monarch was freed on Wednesday evening and he had been taken to the hospital where he was receiving treatment.

READ ALSO: Gunmen Kidnap Ondo Monarch, Police Launch Probe

Kabiyesi regained freedom yesterday (Wednesday) evening but he has been taken to the hospital for treatment,” the source stated.

Advertisement

Details later…

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Withdrawal Limits: Senate Raises Concerns, To Debate New CBN

Published

on

By

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

Advertisement

The Senate has raised concerns about the latest Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) policy on cash withdrawals.

Senate Minority Leader Phillip Aduda in a point of order during plenary on Wednesday called the attention of his colleagues to the new policy and demanded for caution as it will affect many Nigerians, especially small business owners.

In his response, Senate President Ahmad Lawan cautions the CBN not to approach the policy by jumping into it at once as many Nigerians will be affected.

Advertisement

He further noted that there is a need to engage the CBN in discussions to get more details of the policy and he directs the committee on banking to discuss this matter during the screening of the CBN Deputy Governors expected to hold before next week.

The Senate has set next Tuesday to debate the new CBN policy.

Under the new withdrawal policy, the CBN restricted the maximum cash withdrawal over the counter (OTC) by individuals and corporate organisations per week to N100,000 and N500,000 respectively.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: CBN’s New Policy Will Lead To More Job Losses, Disorganize Businesses – University Don

The CBN stated, however, that withdrawals above the thresholds would attract processing fees of 5 per cent and 10 per cent respectively for individuals and corporate entities going forward.

In addition, third-party cheques above N50,000 shall not be eligible for OTC payment while extant limits of N10 million on clearing cheques still remain.

Advertisement

The new withdrawal regime further pegged the maximum cash withdrawal per week via Automated teller Machine (ATM) at N100,000 subject to a maximum of N20,000 cash withdrawal per day.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

IGP Launches Portal To Report Stolen Vehicles

Published

on

By

As precautionary measures to tackle vehicle theft, the Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, has launched a platform for Nigerians to report cases of stolen vehicles.

Force Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, who disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday, said the digitalized platform – Central Motor Registry (CMR) – successfully completed and commissioned by the IGP is situated at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Advertisement

He said the platform launch followed the “IGP’s quest to ensure a digital environment for policing the country for robust and more proactive measures in crime prevention, investigation, and prosecution.”

“The newly digitalized Central Motor Registry Command Centre will make it possible for members of the public to report vehicles stolen from as far back as 1st January, 2018, and yet-to-be-recovered to input the vehicle details on the online platform to serve as a reliable data point for the possible recovery of the vehicle,” he stated.

“The platform will also process motor vehicle information to support police operations and efforts toward enhancing national security.”

Advertisement

READ ALSO: APC, PDP, LP Chieftains In Heated Debate Over Nigeria’s Economic Woes

With the CMR having two Command Centres in Abuja and Lagos, Adejobi said 37 Information Centres are located across the Country and in the Federal Capital Territory, with 200 e-Enforcement Operational Patrol Vehicles with automatic number plate recognition on each vehicle as part of the first batch.

He also asked Nigerians and other residents in the country to take advantage of the platform at https://reportcmr.npf.gov.ng to upload their vehicle information on the website with effect from today 7th December, 2022, as a security step for preventing it from being stolen and re-registered.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending