Politics
Edo Poll: Against All Hurdles, Airhiavbere Picks APC Expression Of Interest And Nomination Forms

Members of the Charles Airhiavbere Campaign Organisation conquered all hurdles on Wednesday to purchase the expression of interest and nomination forms for their principal, General Charles Airhiavbere (rtd), to contest this year’s governorship primary election of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo state.
The organization representatives led by Prince Charles Nwala, Zonal Coordinator, South-South, APC and Daniel Ighile, picked the forms for General Airhiavbere who happens to be the immediate past Executive Director, Finance and Administration of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC.
The National Organising Secretary of the APC, Dr. Suleiman Muhammad Argungun, handed over the forms to organization’s representatives led by Prince Charles Nwala, Zonal Coordinator, South-South APC, and Daniel Ighile.
Others were Obiorah Ubah, Deputy Coordinator, Delta State as well as Professor Yusuf Alhassan, Hon Felix Atsegbua, Ese Ovie, amidst cheers.
READ ALSO: Charles Airhiavbere, An Aspiring Governor With The ‘ENINA’ Agenda
Speaking to newsmen after collecting the forms, Prince Nwala said, “It is the turn of General Charles to become the Ẹdo State governor because he has a comprehensive vision for Edo called PIE. This PIE hinges on the three pillars of peace, infrastructural development, and economic prosperity, which has eluded the state in the last seven years”.
He continued: “We are confident that in the Edo state 2024 governorship elections, the APC will thrive with the right candidate, who has the reach and qualifications to win the elections. We believe General Charles is that candidate “.
“This momentous occasion positions Airhiavbere as the foremost contender for Edo APC flag as it has ignited a surge of enthusiasm among Edo State residents and APC party members alike who see in him as a governor who can end the years of misery under the current PDP regime.
Airhiavbere’s acquisition of the APC forms positions him to contest the party’s primary against the likes of Mr Clem Agba, a former Minister of National Planning, Mr Lucky Imasuen among several others with his PIE for Edo’s Future, a robust action plan for a greater state.
With a rich history of military service and public administration, Airhiavbere’s candidacy is poised to bring fresh perspectives and renewed hope to the people of Edo. The buzz surrounding his campaign is palpable, and the anticipation for the primaries and subsequent elections has reached an unprecedented high.
The APC Expression of Interest forms include: ten million Naira (N10m) for the expression of interest along with the Nomination form, which has a price tag of forty million Naira (N40m), bringing the total expenditure of the forms to fifty million Naira (N50m), which the organization added up in a bank check.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has scheduled September for the conduct of the governorship election in the state.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro5 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
News3 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Politics4 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
Metro2 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
Metro2 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
News2 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan











