Former Super Eagles coach, Samson Siasia, as raised the alarm that effort to clear his name from the allegation levelled against him by FIFA has been frustrated by the international football body, saying he was ‘wrongly accused, banned and fined.’
He stated that despite the claims and accusations, FIFA has so far not presented any proof to back their claims that he indulged in the allegations levelled against him.
The 54 -year – old Bayelsa-borned coach in a press statement made available to newsmen on Monday, said he was innocent of the charges and that he never participated in any of the previous proceedings because he was unaware, noting , “I was so confident I had a strong case and instructed my legal representatives in this matter .”
READ ALSO:Another Oil Truck Explosion Hits Lagos
According to him, his team of lawyers had informed him that CAS made a decision which favours FIFA and prejudices him to strike out his claim for compensation and had thus reinstated it.
He said, “I am saying I was wrongly banned for life, and because FIFA informed the whole world of my alleged commission of the offences of match fixing and bribery, I feel I am entitled to claim for compensation for this terrible slaw and aspersion that they cast against my character globally.
“I want the world to know that rather than correct itself now that FIFA knows of the strength of my appeal and the evidence given thus far to prove that I could not have committed the alleged offences of match fixing and bribery, FIFA continues to spread false allegations that I was involved with the match fixer without any shred of evidence and has continued to do so because it knows there is no compensation claim. ”
He further noted, “ I do not want to interfere with my lawyers professional course of duty, but my family and I are pained that the Nigeria Football Federation and other agencies of government are yet ( in spite of promises ) to lift a finger in my support.
“ No overtures have been made to my lawyer and I with support , financially and otherwise officially, all I have heard from Mr Pinnick through my wife is that they will be supportive , it’ s a mantra I have been hearing since August when this matter happened up till date . ”
READ ALSO: Akeredolu, Others Reabsorbed To APC
Siasia who expressed disappointment at the Nigeria Football Federation for their lack of support in his quest to clear his name, pleaded to the government of the United States of America to come to his aid.
Recall that Siasia was fined $50 , 000 and banned for life by FIFA for allegedly agreeing to ‘the manipulation of matches ’ for betting purposes.