Connect with us

Latest news

Fresh Fuel Scarcity Looms In South-East As IPMAN Withdraws Services

Published

on

The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has directed its members to withdraw their services from the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) loading depot in Enugu.

The National President of IPMAN, Alhaji Sanusi Fari, who disclosed this in a statement on Thursday, in Enugu, added that the directive was in response to an alleged attack and invasion of the IPMAN secretariat in the Enugu depot, on Thursday, by men of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF).

The President said that the invasion and attack were carried out with impunity and against a subsisting court order.

Advertisement

“Sequel to this ugly development, the National Executive Committee of IPMAN has resolved and directed the withdrawal of our services at Enugu loading depot with immediate effect.

“This will stop our services to members of the public in Enugu, Anambra, and Ebonyi from Sept. 17 until the police illegality is reversed,” Fari said.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Enugu Command, ASP Daniel Ndukwe, denied that operatives of the command blockaded or attacked the IPMAN secretariat in Enugu.

READ ALSO: JUST IN: Fuel Scarcity Looms

Advertisement

Rather, Ndukwe said that detectives from the Force Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Abuja, were on an investigation trip to the IPMAN office to serve the association’s members’ invitation over a court matter.

Recall that the South-East had been grappling with an acute shortage of petroleum products, following a strike by petroleum tanker drivers in the area.

The situation had increased the price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) in the area as a litre currently sells between N250 and N300 in most petrol stations.

(DAILY POST)

Advertisement

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest news

Drogba Returns, Scores Hat-trick Against Arsene Wenger’s Team

Published

on

By

Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba, on Wednesday night, returned to action to score a hat-trick against Arsene Wenger’s UNICEF XI team in a charity match.

Wenger returned to management to lead a UNICEF XI out against Marseille legends.

Wenger’s side moved into a 2-1 lead at the Stade Velodrome in his first.

Advertisement

However, Drogba stole the show with his trio of goals for Marseille legends.

The Ivory Coast legend found the net twice and then even dusted off his infamous celebration for his third goal.

Marseille legends triumphed 7-4 against UNICEF XI.

READ ALSO: Mikel Obi Reveals Player Who Helped Him At Chelsea

Advertisement

Formula One hotshot Pierre Gasly was also on target in the enthralling game.

Meanwhile, Robert Pires, Jens Lehmann, Mathieu Flamini and Samir Nasri, all Arsenal legends under Wenger, made appearances last night.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Crime

EFCC Bursts Internet Fraudsters Hideout, Arrests 22

Published

on

By

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan Zonal Command, has arrested 22 “Yahoo Boys” for alleged involvement in internet fraud.

The suspects were identified as Akintunde Ibrahim Olajide, Yusuf Taiye Afeez, Jimoh Idris Okikiola, Adeyemo Wariz Adegoke, Ademola Olalekan Saheed, Anif Abayomi Busayo, Oriade Sunday Oluwatobi, Ajadi Opeyemi Damilola.

Others include, Peter Akanji Blessing,Olaoluwa Felix Oguniran, Agbei Shola Peter, Toheeb Adeagbo Tola, Ajayi Akinyinka Umar, Ibrahim Opeyemi Ishola, Samson Shonubi Oluwafemi, Oki Kayode Oluwadunsi, Durosamo Temitope Dickson, Akinremi Ridwan Abiodun, Ahmed Ogunyele and Olawore Ridwan Olalekan.

Advertisement

They were apprehended during an operation at their hideout in Ogbomoso, Oyo State based on intelligence on their alleged criminal activities.

At the point of their arrest, five cars, several mobile phones, laptops and other incriminating documents were recovered from them.

READ ALSO: EFCC Arrests 11 ‘Yahoo Boys’ In Edo

The Commission said twenty of the 22 suspects have been indicted by investigation.

Advertisement

It added that they would be charged to court as soon as the investigation was concluded.

Continue Reading

Latest news

Six Parties Ready To Merge, Contest Against APC, PDP – Moghalu

Published

on

By

A former presidential candidate in the 2019 general election, Kingsley Moghalu has claimed that at least six political parties have indicated their interest to merge and form a mega party ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Moghalu stated this when he hosted Nze Akachukwu Nwankpo, the candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) for the November 6 governorship poll in Anambra State.

The ex-Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, who recently defected to the ADC, also called on Nigerians to register in order to be eligible to vote in 2023.

Advertisement

DAILY POST quoted him him: “We hope to be a key part of a much larger third force that is building up for the presidential elections which will include a merger of about six or seven or more parties.

“So, I believe that in the 2023 elections the citizens of Nigeria should not allow it to be a contest between two sides of the same coin because there is no difference. It should be a battle between the old and the new – between the old Nigerian and the possibilities for a new Nigeria. That is what 2023 should be,” Moghalu said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending