Politics
Guber Election: Why We ‘re Not Voting – Taraba Voters

The ongoing governorship and state House of Assembly election in Taraba State is characterised by low turnout of voters across the length and breadth of the state.
DAILY POST observed a lot of eligible voters going about their daily business despite the restrictions on movements.
Sunday Adda, who regretted voting during the presidential election, said the “failure of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to adhere to the electoral promises” forced him not to participate in the governorship and state House of Assembly elections.
Wondering why the Commission could not upload the presidential results while voting was ongoing, he said the fear of a repeat of that scenario compelled him to stay away from “today’s exercise.”
Other voters cited the alleged inability of the authorities concerned to provide adequate security for voters and electoral officers, as the reason for their withdrawal from the exercise.
Citing the attacks on election materials in Akate Ward earlier today, Elizabeth Hassan, said “such attacks personally forced me and some of my friends to stay indoors.”
Hassan, who claimed to have participated in the February 25th election, said: “The gunshots I heard today in Akate, Donga council, is enough to force voters from coming out to vote.”
READ ALSO: Governorship Election: Live Results Across Polling Units In Kano
Accreditation and voting ought to commence by 8:30 am, but the process did not start at the scheduled time in polling units visited by DAILY POST mainly due to poor voters’ turnout.
Some polling units in Wukari, Karim-Lamido, Ardo-Kola and Jalingo, the state capital, among others, were scanty at 10 am.
Some INEC ad hoc staff who spoke with DAILY POST expressed dismay that despite their presence in their various polling units in the early hours of the day with voting materials, voters were “nowhere to be seen.”
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News5 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News5 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
Politics5 days agoJUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
News5 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro5 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
News3 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France














