Connect with us

News

Hakimi’s Ex-wife Breaks Silence

Published

on

Hiba Abouk, ex-wife of Paris Saint-Germain defender Achraf Hakimi has broken silence following their rocky divorce.

Abouk said that despite the rape charges against Hakimi, she was at peace with the situation but needed time to come to terms with the shock.

Advertisement

She also revealed that the couple had been going through a divorce since Hakimi’s accusation of rape in February.

READ ALSO: Gen. Ndiomu Visits EU Office, Seeks Collaboration With PAP

Speaking to ELLE, Hakimi’s ex-wife said, “I am fine. There are days when it is like this, and others in which you’ve to know how to take blows and make decisions, sometimes complicated, and get used to new situations.”

Advertisement

Hiba Abouk added, “Who would’ve imagined that in addition to facing the usual pain that a separation entails and accepting the grief that the failure of a family project to which I had given myself body and soul entails, I would’ve to face this ignominy? I needed time to digest this shock.

“When you separate, you restructure your life, but it’s not anything special either: you’ve to take iron out of the matter. It’s true that, with two children, it is emotionally complicated, but I’m not the first and I will not be the last.”

READ ALSO: Mercy Chinwo Celebrates 100m Streams On Boomplay, Says God’s Kingdom Advancing

Advertisement

“The important thing is that I have the peace of mind of having tried and having done everything I had to do. There are decisions that cannot be made overnight. For me it’s a premise not to rush in moments of crisis.”

On the other hand, it has been alleged that resolving the settlement may pose difficulties since Hakimi has reportedly listed a significant portion of his riches under his mother’s name.

Abouk and Hakimi are parents to two children, Amín and Naim, aged 3 and 1 respectively. The couple tied the knot in 2020, after getting acquainted in 2018.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

News

INEC CVR: CSO Expresses Worry Over Poor Deployment Of Machines, Manpower To LGs In Edo

Published

on

By

By Joseph Ebi Kanjo

Edo Civil Society Organisations (EDOCSO) has expressed worry over the poor deployment of capturing machines and manpower to Igueben Local Government Area of the state by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the ongoing Ongoing Continuous Voters Registration (CVR).

Advertisement

The Coordinator, EDOCSO, Igueben Study Centre, Leftist Enabulele Larry, and Secretary, Leftist Mark Akande expressed the CSO sentiment when the duo visited the INEC headquarters in Igueben where the CBR in the local government is taking place.

In a statement made available to INFO DAILY on Friday, the leadership of EDOCSO, Igueben Study Centre condemned the “use of only two capturing devices in a local government with over 69, 396 in population.”

READ ALSO:Things To Know As INEC Begins Physical Voter Registration Monday

Advertisement

The duo noted in the statement that their findings at the INEC headquarters revealed two capturing machines were deployed to each local government across the 18 local government areas of the state.

The civil society members said INEC excuse of deploying two capturing machines to each local government was not germane enough because many do not have a computer or android phone to do the online registration INEC gave as an excuse.

The question here is, what is the percentage of our people mostly the aged individuals, that have access to Android mobile and other internet gadgets in Edo state?

Advertisement

READ ALSO: ADC: Why INEC Has Not Recognised David Mark, Others

“How many people can afford internet data to enable them have access internet services in Edo state under the current excruciating economic pains by the people?

“How many of the Edo people can even manipulate the Android mobile phone to the extent of navigating the internet hurdles to undertake the job is INEC? If INEC is not ready for the job, they should tell Nigerians.

Advertisement

“If citizens are now advised to individually undertake the statutory job of INEC, of what purpose does the commission serve to the people? etc,” they said.

As at when filing this report, INFO DAILY was yet to get a reply from the message sent to the INEC in Edo for reaction.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Edo Sports Commission Boss Celebrates Okpehbolo On Birthday

Published

on

By

The Executive Chairman of the Edo State Sports Commission, Hon. Amadin Desmond Enabulele, has felicated with Governor Monday Okpebholo, on the occasion of his birthday.

In a statement issued on Friday by his Media Officer, Edoko Wilson Edoko, Enabulele Okpebholo as a visionary leader whose dedication to the growth and development of the state has continued to inspire confidence and admiration across all sectors, especially sports.

Advertisement

Enabulele, who highlighted the governor’s unwavering commitment to youth empowerment through sports development, noted that under his leadership, Edo State has witnessed significant strides in grassroots sporting initiatives and infrastructure.

READ ALSO: Enabulele Confident Of Team Edo’s Success At 2025 NYG

His Excellency, Senator Monday Okpebholo, is not just a political leader but a beacon of hope for the younger generation.

Advertisement

“His passion for excellence and inclusive governance is evident in the way he has continued to support policies that uplift our youths and promote sporting excellence,” the statement read.

The Executive Chairman prayed for long life, good health, and continued wisdom for the governor as he steers the affairs of the state towards greater prosperity.

“On behalf of the entire Edo State Sports Commission, I extend our warmest birthday wishes to His Excellency at 55. May this new chapter of his life be filled with more accomplishments and divine grace,” he added.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Oba Of Benin Suspends Palace Chiefs

Published

on

By

The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, has suspended two of his chiefs for falling for dereliction of duties.

This was contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the Benin Traditional Council (BTC), Frank Irabor and made available to journalists in Benin City.

Advertisement

He said their suspension was as a result of their long absence from the palace, resulting in their failure to carry out their palace responsibilities.

The suspended persons are: Chief John Igiehon, the Izuwako of Benin and chief Aimiukpomonyako Oghogho (Ebengho), the Oyenmwensoba of Benin.

READ ALSO: Oba Of Benin Suspends 67 Dukes

Advertisement

“The under-mentioned two (2) chiefs have been suspended from the Palace of the Oba of Benin.

“This is as a result of their long absence from the Palace, resulting in their failure to carry out their Palace responsibilities.

“The public is advised to be wary of unscrupulous chiefs that are no longer functioning in the Palace. His Royal Majesty has approved their _ Suspension and directed the public be duly informed. 

Advertisement

“The names of the chiefs are: – ; 1. CHIEF JOHN IGIEHON, THE IZUWAKO OF BENIN and, _ 2 CHIEF AIMIUKPOMONYAKO OGHOGHO (EBENGHO), THE OYENMWENSOBA OF BENIN”, the statement said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Exit mobile version