Metro
How 30-yr-old Man Hangs Self 4 Months After Wedding

A 30-year-old man, Usman Sanigoga of Akula Quarters in Babura Local Government Area of Jigawa has hanged himself.
Spokesman of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in Jigawa, Mr Adamu Shehu, stated this in Dutse on Thursday.
He stated that Sanigoga’s spouse found him hanging from the ceiling in their bedroom on Wednesday as she returned from a social visit.
READ ALSO: WAEC Arrests Over 20 Exam Officials For Malpractice
He added that the spouse reported that Sanigoga, a photographer, dropped her off at a relative’s house on Wednesday at about 2 p.m. with a promise to return in the evening to take her home.
After waiting for long and he did not show up, she called his cell phone several times, but there was no response and she decided to take a commercial motorcycle back home.
She added that she met the house under lock and solicited the assistance of the commercial motorcyclist to scale over the fence to unlock the main entrance.
“Upon opening the door, she saw her husband’s motorcycle parked in an unusual manner. She hurried inside where she met his body hanging from the ceiling of their bedroom.
“She lost consciousness and passed out at the horrific sight and it was the motorcyclist who shouted for help before neighbours rushed to the scene,’’ she told the NSCDC.
READ ALSO: Death Toll In Benue Communities Attacks Hits 40
The corpse was rushed to a hospital where a medical practitioner certified Sanigoga dead on arrival.
An investigation by the NSCDC showed that a bedside drawer was used on top of a wide bed to reach the ceiling where a rope was tied to a hook.
Shehu stated that Sanigoga’s close associates told the NSCDC that he had a relapsing mental disorder.
The couple got married about four months ago and had been living happily together before the incident, neighbours said.
The NSCDC has launched further investigation into the case while the deceased had been buried according to Islamic rites.
Metro
Army, Air Force Crush ISWAP Fighters After Failed Chibok Attack
Troops of the 28 Task Force Brigade, Sector 4 Operation Hadin Kai, on Saturday stopped a major attack by ISWAP/Boko Haram fighters in Chibok, Borno State, before the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) moved in with airstrikes that killed many of the fleeing terrorists.
The report was contained in a post shared on X by security analyst Zagazola Makama.
According to the update, more than 300 terrorists launched a coordinated assault on Chibok around 3:00 a.m., attempting to break through military defensive positions.
Soldiers responded immediately, engaging the attackers in a fierce gunfight that lasted about two hours.
READ ALSO:Army Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
A security source quoted in the post said the troops acted swiftly and professionally.
“There was no casualty on our side, and no equipment was affected,” the source said.
As the terrorists began to retreat toward the Timbuktu Triangle, ground troops called for air support.
NAF combat aircraft were deployed to the route used by the fleeing fighters.
READ ALSO:NAF Redeploys 25 Senior Officers
The airstrikes, guided by intelligence from the troops on the ground, hit several clusters of terrorists trying to escape.
Multiple waves of strikes were carried out, with both manned aircraft and an unmanned aerial platform targeting groups of fighters dispersing into the forest.
According to Makama, the combined efforts of the Army and the Air Force dealt heavy blows to the attackers, preventing them from regrouping after the failed offensive.
Metro
Tanker Crash Kills Three, Fire Razes Shops In Kano
Three people died on Friday after a petrol tanker crashed and caught fire in Kura Local Government Area of Kano State, while a separate blaze destroyed shops at Hamisu Plaza along Maiduguri Road.
The incidents were detailed in a statement issued on Saturday by the Public Relations Officer of the Kano State Fire Service, ACFO Saminu Yusif Abdullahi.
According to the statement, the first accident occurred around 1:30 p.m. when the agency received a call from retired Civil Defence officer Danlami Muhammad.
He reported that a tanker had fallen at the Kura market junction along Zaria Road.
READ ALSO:
“Firefighters rushed from the headquarters to the scene and found a petrol tanker with the registration number NGZ 250 XA carrying about 30,000 litres of fuel. The tanker had overturned, caught fire and struck a cyclist who was on the road.
“The incident affected four people. Three of the victims were found unconscious and were later confirmed dead, while the cyclist managed to escape alive,” the Fire Service said.
Firefighters, working with the police and the Federal Road Safety Corps, brought the situation under control.
The victims were handed over to ASP Ahmad Lawan of the Kura Police Division.
READ ALSO:Five Injured As Tanker, Bus Collide In Lagos
Two fire trucks, one from the headquarters and another from the Kura station responded to the call. The cause of the crash is still being investigated.
The second incident happened around 2:45 p.m. after the control room received a distress call from Fire Assistant III Ahmad Gwangwazo, reporting a fire at Hamisu Plaza in Taruni LGA.
On arrival, firefighters found a two-storey commercial building measuring about 200 by 200 feet with flames coming from the upper floor.
“The fire affected three shops, while two others were saved,” the statement said.
The team was able to prevent the fire from spreading to the remaining shops on the first floor and the entire ground floor.
READ ALSO:Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ibadan
A fire truck stationed at the ongoing trade fair also joined the operation. The cause of this fire is also under investigation.
The Director of the Kano State Fire Service, Alhaji Sani Anas, urged residents to be extra careful, especially during the harmattan season.
“He is appealing to the general public to handle fire with care to avoid disasters.
“He further urged motorists to drive calmly and follow traffic rules to prevent accidents that may lead to loss of life or property,” the statement added.
Metro
Protest In Enugu Community As gunmen Kidnap Five Villagers, Injure One
Some women in Ezimo community, Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu State, on Saturday, staged a protest over the alleged kidnap of five residents and the shooting of another during an attack on the community.
The protesters, who marched through major parts of the community, said the incident had heightened fear and insecurity in the area.
One victim of the attack is currently receiving treatment in the hospital.
READ ALSO:Enugu Gov Mbah Set to Dump PDP
A social media influencer, ‘Sen.’ Chijinkem Ugwuanyi, made this known via Facebook on Saturday.
Ugwuanyi revealed that resident who confirmed the incident said recent cases of abductions and shootings had left the community unsafe, prompting the women to demand urgent government intervention.
In a video shared on Ugwuanyi’s Facebook page, the protesters called on the Enugu State Government and security agencies to step in and restore peace, warning that residents could no longer live under constant fear of attacks.
-
Metro4 days ago
JUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
-
News3 days ago
How To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
-
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
-
Headline3 days ago
Coup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
-
Metro5 days ago
Bandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
-
News3 days ago
Tinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
-
Politics4 days ago
Crack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
-
Metro2 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
-
Metro2 days ago
JUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
-
News2 days ago
Guinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan