News
Ijaw Not Biafra, Count Us Out Of Your Planned Attack Military, INC Warns IPOB

The apex socio-cultural organisation of Ijaw worldwide, the Ijaw National Congress, INC, has warned pro Biafran group, the Indigenous People of Biafra, to desist from dragging Ijaw nation into its alleged plan to attack military formations in Bayelsa and Delta states over the Okuama and Igbomotoru invasion.
The INC handed down the warning while reacting to an alleged plan by the Simon Ekpa led faction of the IPOB to attack military personnel and declare a sit-at-home in Delta and Bayelsa States over what they termed ‘targeted ethnic’ cleansing in both states by the Army.
Ekpa in a trending video, had directed that all roads leading to Delta and Bayelsa States be shutdown to mourn those allegedly killed by the Army at Okuama and Igbomotoru communities in Delta and Bayelsa respectively.
He stated that IPOB will avenge the alleged killing of innocent people of Biafra in the aforementioned states, and declared that nobody in military uniform should be in Biafra region, as they should be considered as terrorists.
READ ALSO: ‘How Nigeria Can Achieve N10 Trillion Revenue From Knowledge Assets’
But President of the INC, Prof Benjamin Okaba who spoke with Vanguard on Friday in Yenagoa said there was no time Ijaw ethnic nationality consented to be part of Biafra Republic and dissociated the Ijaw from the planned attack by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
He said the INC had earlier made known its position on the unfortunate incidents that occured in Okuama, Delta State and the invasion of Igbomotoru in Bayelsa and that the military authorities should be allowed to conduct a thorough investigation into the sordid incidents.
Prof Okaba described as unacceptable the threat by IPOB at this time while efforts are on to unravel the perpetrators.
His words, “The INC has severally condemned the killing of the 17 military officers in Okuama and we have also cautioned the invasion of Okuama and Igbomotoru communities as well as decried the deaths of innocent citizens in these communities.
READ ALSO: JUST IN: Family Sacks Kanu’s Lawyers Ozekhome, Ejiofor
“We are particularly concerned about the IPOB reference of these affected communities as part of Biafra and that they are coming to avenge the invasion of these communities because they are part of them.
“We wish to emphasize that these communities are ljaw communities and we disassociate ourselves from the planned attack on the military authorities in the region.
“This nefarious plan is not in our interest as a people. The ljaw nation has not solicited the support of IPOB and any other group whatsoever to address its cause for self determination.
“The Federal Government should take serious note of our position and deal decisively with any group that is planning to turn our environment into a battlefield.
“Finally, we are calling on Ijaw all over to remain calm, vigilant and focused.”
News
N200b Agric Credit Dispute: Appeal Court Slams NAIC, Upholds First Bank Victory

The Court of Appeal, Abuja, has dismissed the appeal filed by the Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation (NAIC) against First Bank of Nigeria in the long-running dispute over the disbursement of the Federal Government’s N200 billion Commercial Agriculture Credit Scheme.
The decision was one of seven precedent-setting judgments delivered in six hours on Friday by Justice Okon Abang, underscoring his reputation as a hardworking, firm, and uncompromisingly principled jurist whose rulings continue to shape Nigeria’s legal landscape across criminal, human rights, banking, and civil litigation.
In 2013, the NAIC dragged First Bank before the Federal High Court via originating summons, alleging that the bank failed to deduct the mandatory 2.5 per cent premium under the agriculture credit scheme. First Bank promptly filed a counter-affidavit and written address, with both sides joining issues and exchanging further processes over the years.
But when the case was ripe for hearing, NAIC sought to suddenly withdraw its suit—claiming an unnamed Bankers’ Committee representative had approached it for an out-of-court settlement.
READ ALSO:Court Dismisses SPDC’s Objections To Compensation Over Hydrocarbon Pollution In A’Ibom
First Bank objected, insisting that once pleadings had been exchanged, withdrawal without consent should lead to dismissal, not a mere striking out. To strike out, the bank argued, would allow NAIC a second bite at the cherry—an abuse of process.
The Federal High Court agreed and dismissed the suit, prompting NAIC to head to the Court of Appeal.
Delivering the unanimous judgment of the Court of Appeal, Justice Abang held that NAIC’s appeal was “grossly misconceived” and that, having seen the bank’s defence, NAIC attempted to retreat and re-strategise, “only being smart, believing that it could cunningly manipulate judicial proceedings to save a suit that appears weak and manifestly unsupported.”
He stressed that, once a defendant’s counter-affidavit has been served, any withdrawal by the claimant must naturally lead to dismissal, not striking out, to avoid overreaching the respondent.
READ ALSO:N6trn: Court Orders Tinubu To Publish NDDC Audit Report, Name Indicted Officials
Justice Abang agreed with the trial court that, “Since issues have been joined and the matter has previously been adjourned on several occasions, the proper order to make on the application of the plaintiff is to dismiss the suit.”
The Court of Appeal also questioned NAIC’s reliance on an alleged intervention by the Bankers’ Committee—a non-party that had earlier resisted being joined in the matter.
The appellate court concluded that NAIC, having sighted the bank’s counter-affidavit, simply lost confidence in its case and sought a “soft landing” to refile later.
READ ALSO:
“This cannot be allowed under our watch. The appellant cannot command the impossible,” Justice Abang held, agreeing with the decision of the Federal High Court and dismissing NAIC’s appeal in its entirety, affirming the lower court’s ruling and awarding N1 million costs in favour of First Bank.
The judgment revisits the implementation of the N200 billion Commercial Agriculture Credit Scheme (CACS) launched in 2009 and funded through a DMO-issued bond. The scheme was a flagship intervention of the CBN to boost agricultural productivity through low-interest financing capped at nine per cent.
(GUARDIAN)
News
Nigeria Records One Of Africa’s Widest Gaps In Policy Reputation Index

Nigeria has been identified as one of the African nations suffering the largest disconnect between policy delivery and citizen trust, a finding described as the “defining governance crisis” across the continent, according to the inaugural RPI African Policy Index 2025 released by Reputation Poll International (RPI).
The comprehensive Index, which evaluates governance and policy performance across all 54 African countries, places Nigeria in the middle tier of “Strugglers” with an overall score of 52.3. This category reflects nations that achieve partial policy results but fail to earn public confidence.
Drawing from hard data on policy implementation and perception surveys involving over 25,000 Africans, the report shows that Nigeria records one of the continent’s widest Trust Gaps, sometimes exceeding 25 points between objective performance and citizen confidence.
The report flags Nigeria alongside South Africa, Angola, Egypt, and Zimbabwe as countries with the most severe mismatches.
READ ALSO:Why I Returned To Nigeria On Ivorian Jet — Jonathan
In Nigeria, anti-corruption laws and other initiatives score reasonably well on paper but fail to inspire public trust due to perceived elite impunity and inconsistent enforcement.
Similar patterns exist across these nations, where oil wealth, infrastructure spending, and progressive legislation do not convince ordinary citizens that governments genuinely serve their interests. This trust deficit is highlighted as Africa’s core governance challenge.
The Index emphasises that without deliberate measures to close the gap—through transparent data, citizen audits, and visible accountability—policy ambitions alone cannot produce stable or legitimate outcomes.
By contrast, a small group of nations scoring above 70 demonstrate that world-class governance is achievable when delivery is matched by citizen belief.
READ ALSO:Nigerian Army Promotes 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels
Mauritius leads with 78.9, followed by Seychelles at 76.4, Cabo Verde at 74.8, and Botswana at 73.2. These countries excel because strong economic management, high vaccination rates, transparent institutions, and consistent progress in education and digital reforms are reinforced by equally high public trust.
Botswana and Mauritius succeed not because they are wealthy, but because they systematically include citizens in monitoring and feedback, narrowing the trust deficit to near zero.
Over half of Africa, however, remains far from this standard. The Strugglers tier (50–69.9) encompasses 30 countries, while 18 “Systemic Challengers” score below 50, from Sierra Leone at 49.2 to South Sudan at 28.4.
READ ALSO:Tinubu Constitutes Membership For US–Nigeria Security Working Group
In these countries, structural breakdowns, chronic insecurity, and collapsed legitimacy produce average Trust Gaps of 35 points, undermining even modest policy efforts amid daily experiences of violence and exclusion.
Central Africa records the lowest regional average at 41.2, while Southern Africa dominates the top tier. West, East, and North Africa deliver mixed results.
For Nigerian leadership, the Index sends a clear message: policy formulation alone is no longer sufficient. As the country grapples with debt, youth unemployment, and climate pressures, bridging the Trust Gap through better communication, transparency, and inclusive monitoring has become essential to achieve sustained development and restore public confidence.
The RPI African Policy Index 2025 stands as both a warning and a roadmap: unless the trust deficit is addressed, Africa’s governance crisis will only deepen.
(GUARDIAN)
News
‘My Father Discovered Banana Island’ – Ex-BBNaija Star Claims

Former Big Brother Naija reality star, Kiddwaya has claimed that his dad, Terry Waya, discovered the famous Banana Island in Lagos.
He made the claim in a recent of the Off The Record podcast.
The host asked: “I heard that your dad discovered Banana Island. Is that correct?”
READ ALSO:Moment Adekunle Gold Light Up BBNaija S10 Finale With ‘Party No Dey Stop’
Kiddwaya replied: “Yeah, I didn’t even know until I heard it during one of my trips.”
Kiddwaya’s dad, Terry Waya is a self-acclaimed billionaire with investments in the real estate, agriculture and hospitality industry.
His public profile was further boosted during and after his son Kiddwaya’s appearance on the Big Brother Naija reality show in 2020.
Watch video here.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News4 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Politics4 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
News3 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Metro2 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
Metro3 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
News2 days agoOkpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
News2 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan














