Connect with us

Metro

Ikoyi Building: RCCG Pastor, 22 Artisans Stuck In Rubble

Published

on

A pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Ola Ogunfuwa and 22 of his workers are among those stuck in the rubble of the 21-storey building that collapsed on Monday on Gerrard Road, in the Ikoyi area of Lagos State.

The pastor, who is in charge of the Living Water Parish in Ibafo, Ogun State, was said to be working as a contractor on the project but has not been heard from or been identified among those rescued or brought out lifeless.

Advertisement

A friend of Ogunfuwa and an RCCG pastor, Omotosho Shola Emmanuel, confirmed to The PUNCH correspondent that the victim doubled as an engineer and came with 22 other artisans, comprising bricklayers and welders, from Ibafo to work in the building.

READ ALSO: [BREAKING] Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Lagos Building Agency Boss

He said, “I am here this morning because one of my pastor friends is working here, he is an engineer. He came with about 22 people all the way from Ibafo (Ogun State) to work here; labourers, bricklayers, welders, about 22 different guys that came together with him to work on the project.

Advertisement

“Till now, out of those that have been rescued, we’ve not seen any of those 22 and he himself is still there because we learnt that yesterday (Monday), at break time, he came out to eat but as he was about washing his hands to eat, he was summoned by one of his bosses and he went back inside but about five to 10 minutes later, the building collapsed and he was trapped.

“He is still there now and we pray that God will have his way upon those still there.

“As a church, we prayed all through yesterday night and we’re still believing that there is nothing God cannot do because we know that people are still many there, they said they are over 50.

Advertisement

“The ones they’ve rescued are not up to 10, definitely we are still expecting more people to be rescued,” Omotosho added, praying God will bring more survivors out.

Since the rescue operations on the collapsed building on Gerard Road began, no rescued person has been identified but they have all been taken to an undisclosed hospital.

The PUNCH had reported that 10 people were feared dead when the incident happened, as many others were still trapped in the rubble, including the Managing Director, Fourscore Heights Limited, Mr Femi Osibona, who owned the building.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services —Construction Company

The building crumbled around 2pm when workers were on the site.

The South-West Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency, Ibrahim Farinloye, on Tuesday, said a total of 20 bodies, including that of Osibona’s personal assistant, had been recovered.

Advertisement

Metro

My Wife Sleeps In Leggings, Denies Me Sex —Husband

Published

on

By

He starves me, our children, beat me, left me almost naked in public —Wife

A minibus driver complained before a local court in Lusaka, Zambia, that his wife sleeps in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.

Richard Makura, 48, of Kanyama compound was testifying in a case in which his wife, Patricia Mulenga, 40, a business woman sued him for divorce on allegation that he was violent.

Advertisement

According to the Zambian Observer, the two got married in 1996 and have three children.

Patricia told the senior court magistrate, Lewis Mum, sitting with two other magistrates, Abbyshine Michelo and Esther Mulomba at Kanyama Local Court that Richard has been beating her over petty issues since her father in 2004.

READ ALSO:I No Longer Love My Husband, I Want Divorce —Wife

Advertisement

She explained that in 2006, he threatened to burn her clothes and was forced to seek refuge at her parents’ home.

She told the court that he once beat her until she fainted.

Patricia stated that in 2015, Richard started working for APG Milling in Mansa but still failed to provide for the family because he only sent home K50 or K100 per month.

Advertisement

She further said that Richard joined her in June 2016 when his contract was terminated but she never saw the benefits he was given.

READ ALSO:‘My Husband Became Hostile After Losing His Job, Brandished Cutlass At Me’

“When I asked for our children’s school fees, he beat me in public and removed the chitenge material I was wearing.

Advertisement

“I was left in the short skirt I was wearing and in the confusion, he beat a man who wanted to rescue from his hand,” Patricia stated.

In defense, Richard denied being violet but admitted that problem started in 2006 when he had a girlfriend.

READ ALSO:My Wife Denies Me Sex, Neglects Our Children —Husband

Advertisement

He explained that when he came from Mansa, his wife started sleeping in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.

The magistrate, Mumba stated that there was violence in their marriage and since Patricia wanted divorce, the court had no power to continue to live with Richard.

He granted the couple divorce, ordering Richard to compensate Patricia with K6,000 with initial payment of K1,000 followed by monthly installment of K400.

Advertisement

Property acquired together was ordered to be shared equally.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

I Spent 13 Days In Hospital After My Husband Beat Me —Wife

Published

on

By

…I now love her the more —Husband

A housewife, LadidiI Abass, has dragged her husband, Shehu Abass, to a Sharia Court sitting in Magajin Garki, Kaduna, Kaduna State, seeking divorce over alleged battery.

Abass who reside at Rigasa, Kaduna, said her husband usually beat her any time they had a misunderstanding.

Advertisement

Accordng to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the last time he did, he was hospitalised for 13 days.

He usually beats me in front of our children.

The last time he beat me, I was hospitalized for 13 days,”  Ladidi said.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:My Wife Harasses, Slaps Me All The Time —Husband

She prayed the court to dissolve their union and grant her custody of their children.

The defendant, Shehu, denied all the allegations.

Advertisement

“I have just started loving my wife. I love her more and more every hour, “

Shehu thus prayed the court to grant him time to resolve their differences.

The judge, Murtal Nasir, after he had heard both parties, ordered the complainant to testify on her allegation on battery.

Advertisement

He then adjourned the case.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

My Husband Abandoned Me, No Longer Comes To My Room —Wife

Published

on

By

…I still love her —Husband

A housewife, Hassana Adamu, has urged a Upper Area Court, Gwagwalada, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), to dissolve her 10-year-old marriage to her husband, Danjuma Ali, on the grounds of lack of love and interest.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Hassan told the court that her marriage with Danjuma is blessed with three kids.

Advertisement

“I have lost interest in our marriage and no longer love my husband.

“My husband has abandoned me. He does not enter my room again, and he is no longer interested in me.

READ ALSO:I Doubt Our Only Child’s Paternity, I Want DNA Test, Man Tells Court

Advertisement

I want the court to dissolve our marriage because of lack of love and interest.”

Danjuma in his response , however, said that he still loved his wife.

The judge, Malam Abdulkarim, advised the couple to explore some means of settlement.

Advertisement

Abdulkarim asked the complainant if she was willing to accept back her husband if he did all she wanted, but she answered in the negative.

He then adjourned the case.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Exit mobile version