Politics
Impeachment Saga: Edo Exco Condemns Shaibu’s Action, Says It Won’t Go Without Consequences

Following the action taken by Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu, against his principal, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, the State Executive Council, arising from its weekly Exco Meeting, condemned Shaibu’s action in strong terms.
Recall that Shaibu had last week Dragged Obaseki and four others to an Abuja Federal High Court over an alleged plan to impeach him as the Deputy Governor of the state.
Briefing newsmen shortly after the Exco Meeting, the state Commissioner for Communication and Orientation, Mr Chris Nehikhare, said that the Exco was saddened by the action of the Deputy Governor, and consequently condemned such in strong terms.
READ ALSO: Anxiety, Fear As Suspected Herders Taker Over Edo Community Farm Roads, Abduct Five
He added: “Exco has condemned in very strong terms the position that our deputy governor has taken by taking the state governor, house of assembly and others to court over his impeachment claim, which was not a thing before he went to court.
“Exco condemned it and is saddened by the way this has happened and we all expressed our disappointment on what is going on. And I think Edo people should have the right to understand that what is happening is abnormal, we do not condone it, it is not acceptable to us but then, he is an individual.”
Asked if the Council made any attempt to reconcile the deputy governor and his principal, the commissioner responded by saying that what Shaibu did amount to breaching the oath of allegiance and secrecy he took, warning that such attracted consequences.
READ ALSO: Edo 2024: Obaseki Breaks Silence On Alleged Plot To Impeach Deputy Governor
“What he did is a breach of trust; a breach of the oath he swore to. Some of the things that are contained, some of the documents he put in the public space, are sensitive government documents and are what he swore to keep as secret.
“He breached what he swore to protect which is the truth, and there are consequences when that happens. But as politicians, we always look for a way to resolve these issues because we want everybody to always come and be together as politicians. But what he has done is a breach of trust. Again, as politicians, we never shut the door”, Nehikhare added.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President
Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo
Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC
Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
-
Metro4 days ago
JUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
-
News3 days ago
How To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
-
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
-
Headline3 days ago
Coup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
-
Metro5 days ago
Bandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
-
News3 days ago
Tinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
-
Politics4 days ago
Crack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
-
News2 days ago
Guinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
-
Metro2 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
-
Entertainment4 days ago
Why I Stopped Going To Church – Actress Ariyiike Dimples