Politics
INEC Extends Voter Registration Indefinitely, Gives Reason

The Independent National Electoral Commission has officially announced an indefinite extension to the ongoing continuous voter registration for the 2023 election which was expected to end on June 30, 2022.
INEC National Electoral Commissioner and Chairman (Information and Voter Education Committee), Festus Okoye, made the announcement in a statement on Thursday in Abuja.
According to him, the CVR will continue nationwide, adding that all the Resident Electoral Commissioners and electoral officers have been directed to continue with the exercise pending further directives from the commission.
While giving reasons for the extension, Okoye said that the commission had consistently reiterated its resolve to continue to provide electoral services to the Nigerian people by registering all eligible Nigerians that were interested in registering.
He also explained that the matter was in a Federal High Court, relating to the terminal date of the CVR.
A Federal High Court in Abuja had granted an order of interim injunction stopping INEC from ending voter registration on June 30, 2022.
READ ALSO: 2023: INEC Agrees To Extend Voter Registration
“The matter came up on Wednesday June 29, 2022, and based on the request of the commission, the court granted an accelerated hearing and adjourned the matter to Monday July 4, 2022 for hearing of the substantive matter. The commission will give an update after court hearing next week”, Okoye said.
He added that INEC has deployed additional machines to areas of pressure and would continue to serve the people of Nigeria.
Speaking on the issuance of Certified True Copy of documents, Okoye observed that INEC had been inundated with applications for CTCs of various documents.
Okoye said, so far, 186 requests for CTCs, some running into hundreds of pages, have been processed.
He said, “The commission is working round the clock, including weekends, to attend to all such requests. We wish to assure political parties, aspirants, candidates, and all applicants for CTCs of documents that their applications will be treated expeditiously and will be issued in earnest.”
Speaking on the submission of list and particulars of nominated candidates for governorship and State Assembly primaries, Okoye said the July 15, 2022 given to political parties remained valid.
“By the timetable and schedule of activities released by the commission, political parties that conducted valid governorship and State Assembly primaries shall upload the list and personal particulars of their nominated candidates between July 1 and 15 2022.
“We urge political parties to scrutinize the list and personal particulars of the candidates they propose to sponsor at the election to avoid any mix-up and duplication of names. Political parties are advised not to wait until the last day before uploading the list and personal particulars of their candidates.
READ ALSO: Online Voter Registration Remains Suspended, INEC Tells Nigerians
“The candidates nomination portal will shut down at 6pm on July 15, 2022. Political parties that have challenges with uploading documents should contact the Commission’s Help Desk, through the dedicated telephone lines or contact the candidate nomination centre at the Commission’s Headquarters”, he said.
Politics
Tinubu Sends Ex-INEC Chair, Former Oyo First Lady, 30 Additional Ambassadorial Nominees To Senate

President Bola Tinubu has forwarded 32 additional ambassadorial nominees to the Senate for confirmation, just days after submitting an initial batch of three names.
In two separate letters to Senate President Godswill Akpabio, the President urged the upper chamber to consider and swiftly confirm 15 career diplomats and 17 non-career nominees.
The list includes four women among the career nominees and six women among the non-career nominees.
Prominent names on the non-career list include Barrister Ogbonnaya Kalu from Abia State; former presidential aide, Reno Omokri (Delta); former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Mahmud Yakubu; former Ekiti First Lady, Erelu Angela Adebayo; and former Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.
READ ALSO:(VIDEO) Obasanjo To Tinubu: Why Are We Negotiating With Bandits?
Others are former Speaker of the Katsina State House of Assembly, Tasiu Musa Maigari; former Plateau State Commissioner, Yakubu N. Gambo; and former Deputy Executive Secretary of UBEC, Yakubu K. Musa.
Also nominated are former Plateau senator, Prof. Nora Ladi Daduut; former Lagos Deputy Governor, Otunba Femi Pedro; former Aviation Minister, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode; and Barrister Nkechi Linda Ufochukwu from Anambra State.
Additional nominees include former Oyo First Lady, Fatima Florence Ajimobi; former Lagos Commissioner, Lola Akande; former Adamawa senator, Grace Bent; former Abia governor, Victor Okezie Ikpeazu; Senator Jimoh Ibrahim of Ondo State; and former envoy to the Holy See, Ambassador Paul Oga Adikwu (Benue).
READ ALSO:FULL LIST: US To Review Green Cards From 19 ‘Countries Of Concern’ After Washington Shooting
The career ambassadorial nominees are Enebechi Monica Okwuchukwu (Abia), Yakubu Nyaku Danladi (Taraba), Miamuna Ibrahim Besto (Adamawa), Musa Musa Abubakar (Kebbi), Syndoph Paebi Endoni (Bayelsa), Chima Geoffrey Lioma David (Ebonyi), and Mopelola Adeola-Ibrahim (Ogun).
Others include Abimbola Samuel Reuben (Ondo), Yvonne Ehinosen Odumah (Edo), Hamza Mohammed Salau (Niger), Ambassador Shehu Barde (Katsina), Ambassador Ahmed Mohammed Monguno (Borno), Ambassador Muhammad Saidu Dahiru (Kaduna), Ambassador Olatunji Ahmed Sulu Gambari (Kwara), and Ambassador Wahab Adekola Akande (Osun).
The new nominees are expected to be deployed to countries with which Nigeria maintains strong and strategic diplomatic relations, including China, India, South Korea, Canada, Mexico, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, South Africa, and Kenya, as well as to Permanent Missions such as the United Nations, UNESCO, and the African Union.
READ ALSO:Irresponsible Of You To Blame Trump Over Rising Insecurity – ADC Blasts Tinubu’s Govt
Their specific postings will be determined after Senate confirmation.
Recall that President Tinubu, last week, forwarded three ambassadorial nominees, Ambassador Ayodele Oke (Oyo), Ambassador Amin Mohammed Dalhatu (Jigawa), and retired Colonel Lateef Kayode Are (Ogun), who are being considered for postings to the UK, USA, or France.
President Tinubu said additional ambassadorial nominations will be announced in due course.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Metro5 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News4 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News4 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline4 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro3 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
Metro3 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
News4 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
News3 days agoOkpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
News3 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
Politics5 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script














