Connect with us

News

Intensify Prayers To End Coronavirus, Group Tells Christians

Published

on

A Bauchi based Christain group, ‘Solidarity Movement for COVID-19’ has urged all the Christains in the state to intensify prayers for God to grant wisdom to all the political leaders to tackle the novel Coronavirus in the country.

The Chairman of the group, Pastor Zakka Magaji, made the call on behalf of the group in Bauchi on Friday at the end of a ‘One day prayer and fasting exercise’ to mark the first anniversary of Governor Bala Mohammad’s administration.

Advertisement

Mogaji, who stressed that prayer is one of the instruments the country needed to succeed in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic, said that the exercise was to beseech God’s protection over the affairs of the state, especially in the areas of peace and unity.

READ ALSO: Ize-Iyamu Refutes Claims, Says ‘I’m A Bonafide Member Of APC’

“On behalf of this group, I call on every Christian in the state to continue to pray to God to grant wisdom to our political leaders in the country so as to be able to tackle the novel Coronavirus once and for all.

Advertisement

“This is because prayer is one of the instruments needed to succeed in fighting the outbreak of COVID-19 in our country and the world at large.

“The one day fasting and prayer exercise we embarked upon was to seek God’s protection over the affairs of the state, especially in the areas of peace and unity under the leadership of Gov. Bala Muhammed,” he said.

The Chairman also called on every citizen of the state to intensify prayer for the state governor in his efforts to reposition the state to a better height.

Advertisement

REAS ALSO: INTERVIEW: Edo 2020: Gov. Obaseki Or No Deal, Says Odiase

Also speaking, Rev Kumber Gudor, charged Christians to redouble their efforts in prayers so as to end security challenges in some parts of the country.

He called on Christians to remain humble in their endeavors and shun wickedness, adding that their prayers would be answered by so doing.

Advertisement

In his address, Mr Joshua Sanga, Executive Chairman, Budget Monitoring, Price intelligence and Public Procurement Unit (Due Process), commended the group for organising the prayer and fasting exercise.

He said it was timely considering the efforts of the Governor in one year in office which cut across both human and physical developments.

READ ALSO: Ondo Governor’s Wife, Critic In Verbal War

Advertisement

Sanga further called on the entire citizens of the State to rally round the state governor so as to succeed in the discharge of his mandate.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

News

2nd House Prize Winner Emerges In Festival Of Joy Promo Draw In Port Harcourt

Published

on

By

Foremost mobile network operator, Globacom, on Thursday held a draw to select the winner of a second three-bedroom house prize in Port Harcourt in furtherance of its Festival of Joy loyalty reward promo.

In a press statement issued by the company after the Port Harcourt draw, Globacom encouraged subscribers who desire to win prizes in the promo to dial *611# and keep recharging (voice and data during the promo period) to qualify for the draw.

Advertisement

The winning number was drawn by an elderly Glo subscriber, Mr. Ogbomade Sampson Joe, who was present at the Gloworld to transact business. It was witnessed by several Glo subscribers, the media as well as Mr. Koko Finny, the representative of the National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC) in Port Harcourt.

READ ALSO: Glo Festival Of Joy Train Arrives Lagos With Brand New Car, Other Prizes

The lucky Glo subscriber who emerged winner in the draw will receive the house prize at a presentation ceremony billed for Friday, December 9, 2022.

Advertisement

Three lucky Glo subscribers had previously become landlords in Ibadan, Abuja and Port Harcourt courtesy of Glo Festival of Joy promo which has on offer, 20 houses, 24 brand new cars, 100 generators, 200 sewing machines and 1,000 rechargeable fans.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Abducted Ondo Monarch Regains Freedom

Published

on

By

The monarch of Oso Ajowa Akoko in in Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Clement Jimoh, who was kidnapped, has regained freedom.

The traditional ruler, who was abducted in his palace, was set free by the bandits after he had spent seven days in their den.

Advertisement

According to a family source, the monarch was freed on Wednesday evening and he had been taken to the hospital where he was receiving treatment.

READ ALSO: Gunmen Kidnap Ondo Monarch, Police Launch Probe

Kabiyesi regained freedom yesterday (Wednesday) evening but he has been taken to the hospital for treatment,” the source stated.

Advertisement

Details later…

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Withdrawal Limits: Senate Raises Concerns, To Debate New CBN

Published

on

By

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

Advertisement

The Senate has raised concerns about the latest Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) policy on cash withdrawals.

Senate Minority Leader Phillip Aduda in a point of order during plenary on Wednesday called the attention of his colleagues to the new policy and demanded for caution as it will affect many Nigerians, especially small business owners.

In his response, Senate President Ahmad Lawan cautions the CBN not to approach the policy by jumping into it at once as many Nigerians will be affected.

Advertisement

He further noted that there is a need to engage the CBN in discussions to get more details of the policy and he directs the committee on banking to discuss this matter during the screening of the CBN Deputy Governors expected to hold before next week.

The Senate has set next Tuesday to debate the new CBN policy.

Under the new withdrawal policy, the CBN restricted the maximum cash withdrawal over the counter (OTC) by individuals and corporate organisations per week to N100,000 and N500,000 respectively.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: CBN’s New Policy Will Lead To More Job Losses, Disorganize Businesses – University Don

The CBN stated, however, that withdrawals above the thresholds would attract processing fees of 5 per cent and 10 per cent respectively for individuals and corporate entities going forward.

In addition, third-party cheques above N50,000 shall not be eligible for OTC payment while extant limits of N10 million on clearing cheques still remain.

Advertisement

The new withdrawal regime further pegged the maximum cash withdrawal per week via Automated teller Machine (ATM) at N100,000 subject to a maximum of N20,000 cash withdrawal per day.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending