Politics
Leave Oni Out Of Your Obnoxious Tax, SOM Lambasts Fayemi

The attempt by the Ekiti State governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi to shift the blame of his new tax policies on the former governor, Segun Oni has been described as preposterous and ignominious.
This was contained in a statement made available to journalists in Ado Ekiti during the weekend by the Director of Media and Publicity, Segun Oni Movements, Jackson Adebayo.
Adebayo stated that the movement was aware of a move by the ruling All Progressives Congress government to join Segun Oni in adducing the reasons for imposing additional tax on the people of the state in the name of Ekiti State Land Use Charge, which is being protested by the masses.
The State Government had recently started implementation of Land Use Charge, where all landlords will pay certain amounts on the landed property on yearly basis to buoy the revenue of the state .
The land use charge covers all residential and commercial property owned in Ado Ekiti metropolis and Ikere Ekiti, which are the commercial hubs of the state.
He accused the government of deliberately imposing this draconian tax on the people of the state to mop up money for the forthcoming governorship election in the state but met wide protest from house owners who have been overtaxed already with or without any commensurable incomes.
READ ALSO: Imo: APC Wins Ngor Okpala Bye-election
According to the movement, in an attempt to ringle out of the protest the government decided to blackmail the then Segun Oni government of initiating the policy before he was removed.
Adebayo maintained that the APC government is becoming jittery as they are meeting brick walls in selling their candidates to the people of the state hence their desperation to blackmail Oni whom they consider to be their major problem in the race.
“We want to state categorically that at no time did Oni ever contemplated imposing any additional tax during his tenure talk less of such an unbearable tax like this,” he said.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President
Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo
Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC
Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
-
Metro4 days ago
JUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
-
News3 days ago
How To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
-
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
-
Headline3 days ago
Coup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
-
Metro5 days ago
Bandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
-
News3 days ago
Tinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
-
Politics4 days ago
Crack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
-
Metro2 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
-
Metro2 days ago
JUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
-
News2 days ago
Guinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan