Entertainment
Legendary Highlife Musician, Kabaka, Oriental Brothers, Announce Return, Set To Release ‘Abialam’

Legendary and veteran highlife musician, Godwin Okpara popularly known as Kabaka, has announced his return to the music scene on a big scale.
Amarachi Anyanwu, the Chief Operating Officer of Derda Promotions, made this known at a news conference held at Nest Hub, Yaba, Lagos.
Kabaka, a famous guitarist, was the leader of the Oriental Brothers International Band. The band was famous in the Eastern Nigerian highlife scene for several years.
After the group lost its lead vocalist, Chief Christogonus Ezewuiro Obinna, popularly known as ‘Sir Warrior’ in 1999, the group went under and left its fans with their vinyl record albums as memory.
READ ALSO:Osimhen, Oshoala Bag 2023 Ballon d’Or Nominations
Anyanwu disclosed that Kabaka partnered Derda Promotions, a leading 360 entertainment management company, to unveil his long-awaited masterpiece album entitled “Abialam”.
She stated that the release of the album was slated for September 15, with a Pre-Listening event at the Art Nouveau Centre, Owerri, Imo.
“We invite music lovers, critics, and fans alike to join us in celebrating the musical genius of Kabaka and his Oriental brothers.
“Abialam meaning ‘I have returned’, takes listeners on a musical journey that transcends time and space, exploring emotions, culture, and life experiences,” she said.
According to her, the album, ‘Abialam,’ is coming 17 years after Kabaka’s tribute, “Madu bu aja”, which is translated as ‘We are Sand’ to his friend and former band member, late Sir Warrior in 2000.
READ ALSO: JUST IN: Akeredolu Returns To Nigeria After Three Months Medical Vacation
Speaking on the necessity for the collaboration between Derda Promotions and Kabaka, Anyanwu said, “this is the first legendary artiste we would be working with and it is just to bridge the generational gap between young and old.
“Through this, we intend to retain the authenticity of our highlife music.”
Earlier in his remarks, Kabaka, expressed delight and readiness to take over the music world with his indigenous highlife album.
The 77-year-old singer, composer and instrumentalist noted that ‘Abialam’ aimed at restoring the Highlife genre.
The septuagenarian said: “Abialam is my way of reaffirming my musical presence.
“While there were misconceptions about my absence, this album serves as a testament that my passion for music remains undiminished.
READ ALSO: Kogi Central: Tribunal Nullifies APC’s Victory, Declares Natasha Winner
“Abialam’ comprises a meticulously curated selection of six tracks, each with its own unique story.
“From soul-stirring highlife to infectious Bongo rhythms, the album showcases extraordinary ability to evoke emotions and connect with the life experience through music,” he said.
The album also featured renowned Bongo legendary artiste, Sir Foreigner a.k.a Eze Bongo, in one of the six tracks.
The legendary artiste’s musical journey spans several decades, genres, and bands, as he creates and performs songs that resonate with millions of listeners across Africa and beyond.
His musical genius, versatility, and innovation earned him a place among the most influential and celebrated highlife artists of all time.
Some of his major albums with the Oriental Brothers include ‘Uwa Atualamujo/ Ihe Chinyere,’ ‘Ihe Oma,’ ‘Isichim nyara gi,’ ‘Five Fingers,’ ‘Oriental Special,’ ‘Osa enwe akwu,’ ‘Onyeoma nmadu eji egbuya,’ ‘Anam ele chi,’ ‘Hallelujah,’ “Madu bu aja’ and ‘Abialam’.
(NAN)
Entertainment
Organizers Cancel Burna Boy’s US Shows After Fans Refused To Buy Tickets
The singer ‘No Sign of Weakness’ US tours including tonight’s performance scheduled for November 28, 2025, at The Armory in Minneapolis was abruptly cancelled after fans failed to buy tickets.
Ticketmaster announced the last minute cancellation on its website on Thursday.
Today’s show was cancelled with another concert scheduled for December 1, 2025, in Chicago.
READ ALSO:Burna Boy Reveals Fighting Secret Battles
While the tour failed to provide a specific reason for the cancellation, the development came amid the public criticism directed at
Burna Boy after he walked out a couple for sleeping during his performance at Colorado.
The viral video of the incident sparked controversy, which intensified after the singer, while reacting to his critics during an Instagram live session, said “he only wants supporters who buy his tickets and not fans”.
It was later reported that the woman who slept during his performance was grieving a recent personal loss.
Confirming the cancellation, Burna Boy in a post on his Instagram story on Friday morning shared a direct link from the ticketing website, showing that the two concerts were cancelled.
Entertainment
My Father Regretted Funding My Education After I Became Skit Maker – Sabinus
Nigerian comedian, Emmanuel Ejekwu, popularly known as Sabinus, has revealed that his father didn’t initially support his decision to become a comedian.
In a candid interview with VJ Adams, Sabinus explained that his dad wanted him to be a lawyer but he eventually settled for Linguistics and Communication Studies after failing to secure a law admission.
He recalled that it was while studying at the University of Port Harcourt that he discovered his comedy talent and start making skits.
The comedian said when his dad found out that he was a skit maker, he regretted funding his education and described the profession as “stupid business.”
READ ALSO:Why I Don’t Promote Nudity With My Skits – Sabinus
Sabinus said, “At first, my dad never wanted me to be what I am today, he wanted me to be a lawyer. I tried my best but I couldn’t secure a law admission. So, I had to settle for Linguistics and Communication Studies at Uniport.
“It was on the campus that I saw skit making and I decided to try it out. Money wasn’t coming.
“After I graduated, my dad never knew I was a comedian because I was hiding it. It was one more year after school that he started seeing me on comedy show posters. My sisters confirmed to him that I was into comedy. He was very furious. He fumed, ‘Which comedy? Stupid business. Look at the boy I sent to become a lawyer.’”
The comedian added that his dad eventually gave him his blessings after he started gifting him money from his proceeds from comedy.
Entertainment
My First Son Not Interested In Taking After Me – 2Face Reveals Nino’s Ambition
Legendary Nigerian musician, Innocent Idibia, popular known 2Face, has revealed that his first son, Nino, isn’t interested taking after him by becoming a musician.
Despite Nino being a talented sax player, his father revealed that his ambition is to become a medical doctor.
The African Queen crooner disclosed this while bringing Nino on stage at an event in Abuja, marking his 25 years in music industry.
“Making some noise for my son Nino, mehn,” he tells the crowd as he brings the lad on stage.
READ ALSO:2Face Idibia Reacts To Alleged Arrest In London [VIDEO]
“He said he doesn’t want to be a singer. He wants to be a doctor,” he added amid cheers from the crowd.
2Face’s first son, Nino Idibia, was born on January 15, 2006, to him and his former baby mama, Sumbo Adeoye.
Nino is a saxophonist, a model and social media influencer.
Children following their parents’ footsteps is a common phenomenon in the Nigerian music industry.
Wizkid’s first son, Boluwatife Balogun recently launched his musical career at the age of 14 with his debut EP ‘Champions’ Arrival’ under the stage name, Champz.
-
Metro4 days ago
JUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
-
News4 days ago
How To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
-
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
-
Headline3 days ago
Coup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
-
News3 days ago
Tinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
-
Politics4 days ago
Crack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
-
Metro2 days ago
JUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
-
Metro3 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
-
News2 days ago
Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
-
News2 days ago
Guinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan