Politics
LG Autonomy: Ondo Assembly Files To Join FG’s Suit

The Ondo State House of Assembly has made a formal application to the Supreme Court to be included as defendants in the ongoing federal case concerning local government autonomy.
The application was filed on June 11, 2024, by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, on behalf of the Speaker of Ondo State House of Assembly, Olamide Oladiji, and the House of Assembly itself.
The suit, initiated by the Attorney-General of the Federation on May 20, 2024, named all 36 states as defendants.
The Ondo State Assembly seeks to be added as the 37th and 38th defendants, arguing that their legislative responsibilities are directly impacted by the case’s outcome.
READ ALSO: YouTube Star, Ben Potter Dies At 40 After ‘Unfortunate Accident’
In their affidavit, the Assembly emphasized their constitutional role in lawmaking for Ondo State, referencing Sections 4(7), 7, and 162 of the 1999 Constitution.
They cited existing state laws, such as the Local Government System, Establishment and Administration of Local Government Law of Ondo State, Cap. 87, Laws of Ondo State, 2006, and the Ondo State (Creation of Local Governments) Law, 2023, as evidence of their vested interest in the matter.
“The Applicants are seeking to join the suit as necessary parties in view of the peculiar reliefs being sought and as pertaining to the constitutional rights and functions of the Applicants,” the affidavit stated.
Speaker Olamide Oladiji, who elaborated on the necessity of their involvement, said: “The reliefs being sought in this case, if granted, would directly affect our constitutional functions and activities. It is only just and fair that we are involved and heard.”
READ ALSO: Guinness Announces Plan To Leave Nigeria After 75 Years
The assembly contended that the federal government’s reliefs could undermine their statutory duties, particularly regarding the allocation and distribution of public revenue to local councils.
“Our constitutional powers, rights, and duties must not be ousted without our input,” Oladiji added.
They argue that their participation will enable a more comprehensive resolution of the issues at hand.
“Joining the Applicants would enable an effective and effectual determination of the fundamental issues being raised in this case,” the affidavit asserts.
The application has been served to the Attorney-General of the Federation, and the Supreme Court is set to hear the case on June 14, 2024.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro3 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News4 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News5 days agoN6trn: Court Orders Tinubu To Publish NDDC Audit Report, Name Indicted Officials
News4 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
News4 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
Politics4 days agoJUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
News2 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News2 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline2 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro4 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]














