Headline
Man Who Drugged Wife For Over 70 Men To Sleep With Blames Her

A man on trial in France for drugging his wife and inviting dozens of men to r@pe her over a decade told a criminal psychologist that his wife was to blame for his actions because she wouldn’t go swinging with him.
Dominique Pelicot, 71, was excused from sitting through the hearing today, September 9, after his lawyer told the trial judge that he had suffered “medical problems” over the past 48 hours for which he had not received “adequate treatment”.
But psychologist Annabelle Montagne told the court in Avignon this morning that she interviewed the retired electrician in December 2020, a month and a half after he was taken into custody, where he admitted to carrying out the campaign of abuse of his wife Gisele.
The psychologist recounted: “Pelicot said, ‘My wife and I had a discussion about swinging but she didn’t agree so I drugged her’.”
Montagne said Pelicot maintained he loved his wife, but she added: “He sees his partner as an object to satisfy his sexual and narcissistic needs. His wife is then a partial object and no longer an object of total love.”
It comes as another prison psychologist this morning told the court that Pelicot had a “split personality”, lacked empathy and inherited the temper of his father, who was said to be a violent abuser.
She also revealed Pelicot maintains the sickening abuse of his wife would have continued if he had not been arrested and complained that his life had been ruined by the criminal charges brought against him.
READ ALSO: Legendary Actor, Grammy Winner, Jones Is Dead
The disturbing revelations into Pelicot’s mind were revealed before his two sons, David and Florian, took to the stand to give evidence against their father.
Psychologist Marianne Douteau this morning told the court how her client lamented his arrest, complaining that the case against him had ruined his life and that he and his wife could have continued in a happy marriage had his misdeeds not been discovered.
Douteau said: “(Pelicot) complains that this criminal case against him has destroyed his life.
“He claims everything could have continued as before if he had been arrested. He said: ‘Gisele would not have known anything, we would have continued to be happy”.”
Madame Douteau subsequently told the court of several major events in Pelicot’s upbringing, explaining that he revealed in a lengthy February 2021 interview with her that he was raped by a hospital nurse when he was aged just nine years old.
Meanwhile, Pelicot’s father Denis was said to be a vicious wife-beater who sent his son out to work from the age of 14 and took 80 per cent of his wages. His parents also took in a young girl, whom Denis is said to have abused.
The psychologist concluded that Pelicot had inherited a personality like that of his father – angry, stubborn and impulsive.
She said: “Dominique Pelicot comes from a troubled family in which young children were abused.
“[Pelicot] has a two-sided personality; he is a patriarch but he is also irresponsible and manipulative. Behind closed doors he does not respect limits.
READ ALSO: Mum Of 3 Hospitalised With Bullet-like Holes After Agonising BBL
“He has a split personality between the person he wants to be and the person he is.”
“He does not show any empathy – but he is not inauthentic [in his expressions of love for his wife],” she concluded.
The psychologist also explained how Pelicot admitted he was very sexually demanding and routinely sought out sex on the internet.
He told her: “I went on the internet every day, I was constantly on sites offering wife-swaps.”
The psychologist told how Madame Pelicot was cut off from her support network in Paris after the couple moved to the south of France in 2013 for their retirement, at which point Dominique Pelicot ramped up his heinous campaign of abuse until his eventual arrest in 2020.
Pelicot fell in love with Gisele, whom he considered “a saint,” when they were 18-year-olds and they married just two years later, setting up a home in the Paris region.
They both recall having a happy marriage, although she had an affair with a work colleague about 14 years after tying the knot while he also engaged in extramarital adventures.
Pelicot trained as an electrician and worked for French energy giant EDF, but in the early 2000s decided to retrain and start a new career as an entrepreneur in real estate.
READ ALSO: US Blocks Nigerian’s Cryptocurrency Fraud, Imposes $50,000 Fine
He divorced his wife in 2004 in what he described as a “strategic move” to shield her from huge debts he built up in a failed business venture to become an estate agent, with the couple forced to borrow cash from various different sources.
Despite their monetary issues, the couple remarried in 2007 to huge fanfare, with Gisele’s stable income from her position as a manager in a Paris-based company meaning they were ultimately able to make ends meet.
But the picture of an idyllic marriage painted by Dominique Pelicot was torn down by his brother along with his sons David and Florian, who described their dad as an angry liar who could not stand to be contradicted and flew off the handle when he was confronted with his failings.
The case, heard in the town of Avignon in France’s Provence, has appalled anyone who has listened to how former electrical engineer Dominique Pelicot abused his wife over a decade.
Madame Pelicot, 72, last week faced down the 51 men – including her husband – who have been accused of raping her, all of whom were stuffed into the Vaucluse Criminal Court each day as proceedings continued.
In a three-hour testimony last week, the grandmother-of-seven described the moment she learned from police officers how she was drugged unconscious and then raped by strangers as she laid motionless on the marital bed, while her husband watched on, recording the abuse on camera for his own personal pleasure.
She told the court: “I was subjected on the altar of vice. It’s a dead woman on a bed. This isn’t a bedroom, it’s an operating theatre. They treat me like a garbage bag, a rag doll. These aren’t sex scenes, these are rape scenes, it unbearable.”
READ ALSO: Top 10 African Countries With Largest Active Military Manpower In 2024
In her evidence, the couple’s only daughter Caroline Peyronnet told the court last week how her world fell apart when her mother called her to inform her of his crimes. Her agony was compounded when detectives discovered Mr Pelicot had also taken photographs of Caroline lying motionless on a bed in her mother’s underwear.
Caroline Peyronnet, 45, described her father as “one of the worst sexual predators of the last 20 years.”
The trial has heard that Pelicot’s perversion was only discovered after he was arrested for taking photos up women’s skirts at a supermarket near the couple’s home in the pretty village of Mazan, in the shadow of Mont Ventoux in September 2020.
A police search of his computer discovered 20,000 homemade films and photographs of men he met on the internet raping his wife dating back to 2011.
Detectives traced 50 of some 84 men that Pelicot had met on a now-defunct website and invited to his home to carry out the abuse.
They discovered that Pelicot routinely put powerful sedatives in his wife’s drink and food to render her unconscious for when her abusers arrived at the family home under cover of darkness.
Pelicot urged the men to sneak into the house and undress in the kitchen to leave no trace. Then, he turned on the camera and filmed as each man abused his wife, before meticulously filing and cataloguing the home moves under various skin-crawling titles.
The men, all from the Provence area of the south of France, are aged between 26 and 73 and include a fireman, a nurse, a civil servant, a plumber, a soldier and a journalist.
Detective traced 50 of these men and together with Pelicot, charged them all with r@pe.
About 16 of the accused, including Pelicot, have admitted the offence. But 35 maintain they are innocent, with one man telling police he believed Gisele Pelicot had consented as her husband was present.
Pelicot faces up to 20 years in jail. The other men face shorter sentences if found guilty.
The trial is set to last until December.
Headline
FULL LIST: US To Review Green Cards From 19 ‘Countries Of Concern’ After Washington Shooting

The Trump administration announced on Thursday that it will review the immigration status of all permanent residents, or “Green Card” holders, from Afghanistan and 18 other countries following the attack on National Guard troops in Washington, D.C.
U.S. officials identified the suspect in Wednesday’s shooting as a 29-year-old Afghan national who previously worked alongside American forces in Afghanistan.
The individual was granted asylum earlier this year, not permanent residency, according to AfghanEvac, an organisation that assists Afghans resettled in the United States after the Taliban takeover in 2021.
“I have directed a full-scale, rigorous reexamination of every Green Card for every alien from every country of concern,” said Joseph Edlow, director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), on X.
READ ALSO:FG To Unveil Digital Single Travel Emergency Passport January
The review follows a June executive order from President Trump classifying 19 countries as “of Identified Concern.”
The order banned entry for nearly all nationals from 12 countries, including Afghanistan. The full list of these countries is:
Afghanistan
Myanmar
Chad
Congo-Brazzaville
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Haiti
READ ALSO:Coup: ECOWAS Suspends Guinea-Bissau
Iran
Libya
Somalia
Sudan
Yemen
A partial travel ban applies to seven additional countries, though some temporary work visas remain allowed: Burundi, Cuba, Laos, Sierra Leone, Togo, Turkmenistan, and Venezuela.
Headline
Romanian Defence Minister Quits After Admitting Error In Academic Record

Romania’s defence minister resigned on Friday after saying he made a “mistake” on his CV about his university education, as controversy swirled over alleged lies on his resume.
Ionut Mosteanu – who has admitted to writing on his CV that he graduated from a university he never attended – said he did not want the row “to distract” the NATO member at a time when it and Europe are “under attack from Russia”.
Romania has repeatedly seen drone fragments fall on its soil since Russia invaded Ukraine in 2022, and reported a number of drone incursions.
On Tuesday, a drone crashed in eastern Romania, which borders Ukraine.
READ ALSO:Ukraine: 122,000 Nigerians, Others Protest Discrimination At Romanian, Hungarian, Polish Borders
Romania has also accused Moscow of “hybrid attacks”, including meddling in presidential elections last year that were subsequently annulled.
“Today, I resigned from my position as minister of national defence,” Mosteanu said in a Facebook post, adding he wanted the country to be focused on its “difficult mission”.
“Romania and Europe are under attack from Russia. Our national security must be defended at all costs,” he added.
Mosteanu had come under pressure after a media investigation published on Thursday revealed that he wrote in a CV that he graduated from a university which he did not actually attend.
READ ALSO:[FULL LIST] UEL Play-offs: Porto Lock Horns With Roma, Other Fixtures Announced
That same day he apologised for what he called “a mistake”.
“In a CV I quickly put together in 2016 using a template I found online, there is a mistake that I admit embarrasses me. I didn’t pay much attention to these details at the time,” he said on Facebook.
Mosteanu was appointed defence minister in June of this year, when a new pro-European government was formed after months of political turmoil.
Prime Minister Ilie Bolojan said in a press release that he would propose economy and tourism minister Radu Miruta take over the defence portfolio in the interim.
AFP
Headline
Russia Insists Ukraine Must Cede Land Or Face Continued Military Push

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that he would end his Ukraine offensive if Kyiv withdrew from territory Moscow claims at its own — otherwise his army would take it by force.
The Russian army has been slowly but steadily grinding through eastern Ukraine in costly battles against outnumbered and outgunned Ukrainian forces.
Washington has meanwhile renewed its push to end the nearly four-year war, putting forward a surprise plan that it hopes to finalise through upcoming talks with Moscow and Kyiv.
“If Ukrainian forces leave the territories they hold, then we will stop combat operations,” Putin said during a visit to Kyrgyzstan. “If they don’t, then we will achieve it by military means.”
Russia controls around one-fifth of Ukraine’s territory. The issue of occupied land, which Kyiv has said it will never cede, is among the biggest stumbling blocks in the peace process.
READ ALSO:Putin Admits Russia Caused Azerbaijani Plane Crash
Another important issue in the talks are Western security guarantees for Ukraine, which Kyiv says are needed to prevent Moscow from invading again in the future.
Washington’s original plan — drafted without input from Ukraine’s European allies — would have seen Kyiv withdraw from its eastern Donetsk region and the United States de facto recognise the Donetsk, Crimea and Lugansk regions as Russian.
The US pared back the original plan over the weekend following criticism from Kyiv and Europe, but has not yet released the new version.
Putin, who has seen the new plan, said it could be a negotiation starter.
“Overall, we agree that it could form the basis for future agreements,” he said of the latest draft, which the US is thought to have shortened to about 20 points.
READ ALSO:Russian Strikes Kill Five In Ukraine, Cause Power Outages
US negotiator Steve Witkoff was expected in Moscow next week to discuss the revised document, Putin said.
US Army Secretary Dan Driscoll is meanwhile due to visit Kyiv later this week, Ukraine’s top presidential aide Andriy Yermak said.
– ‘Little can be done’ –
In his remarks Thursday, Putin repeated the claim that Russia had encircled the Ukrainian army in Pokrovsk and Myrnograd in Ukraine’s eastern Donetsk region — the most fiercely embattled area and a key target for Moscow’s forces.
“Krasnoarmeysk and Dimitrov are completely surrounded,” he said, using the Russian names for the cities.
Moscow was also advancing in Vovchansk and Siversk, as well as approaching the important logistic hub of Guliaipole, he added.
The Russian offensive “is practically impossible to hold back, so there is little that can be done about it”, Putin said.
READ ALSO:Trump Urged Ukraine To Give Up Land In Peace Deal Talks — Official
Ukraine has denied Pokrovsk and Myrnograd are encircled, insisting its forces continue to hold the enemy along the front line.
Putin also questioned Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s legitimacy and said signing any agreement with him would be legally “almost impossible” at the moment, a suggestion that has drawn groans from Kyiv and its allies.
According to data analysed by AFP from the American Institute for the Study of War (ISW), Russian forces have conquered an average of 467 square kilometres (180 square miles) each month in 2025 — a step up from 2024.
Moscow launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, triggering the worst armed conflict in Europe since World War II.
The war has killed hundreds of thousands of people and forced millions to flee their homes.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News5 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News5 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
Politics5 days agoJUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
News5 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
News2 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Metro4 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]















