News
Meghan Markle Shares ‘Worries’ About Her Kids Having Social Media

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have shared their “worries” about raising their two children in a social media-driven world.
Meghan Markle spoke at The Archewell Foundation Parents’ Summit: Mental Wellness in the Digital Age during Project Healthy Minds’ World Mental Health Day Festival 2023 in New York City.
She said, “Being a mom is the most important thing in my entire life. Outside of course to being a wife to this one.”
After glancing lovingly at her husband, Meghan explained that the couple’s Archewell Foundation has been working to better highlight the negative effects that come with social media for children.
READ ALSO: Two Women Reported Dead As Church Collapses In Osun
“I feel fortunate that our children are at an age, again quite young, so this isn’t in our immediate future,” Meghan said at The Archewell Foundation Parents’ Summit “Mental Wellness in the Digital Age” presentation on Tuesday, noting that “it worries me” what’s to come.
The actress — who shares son Archie, 4, and daughter Lili, 2, with Harry, 39 — added that she’s also been “given a lot of hope” based on the “progress” the Archewell Foundation has made in the last year at giving a voice to the families hurt by social media toxicity.
“Everyone now is affected by the online world and social media. Some more than others. We all just want to feel safe,” Meghan continued. “In that so much of it can come down to, if someone is looking for something, please don’t feed them the thing that they’re not looking for that is going to harm them.”
Harry agreed with his spouse, telling attendees, “I think for us, for myself and my wife, with kids growing up in the digital age, for us the priority here is to turn pain into purpose.”
READ ALSO: Lagos Seals Mile 12, Owode Onirin Markets
The prince explained that by having parents tell their cautionary tales — or stories of loss at the hands of social media — they can make a positive change and save kids’ lives.
“Yes, these platforms are addictive. We all accept that and agree. As someone who works within those companies — as someone who designs them especially — please stop sending children content that you wouldn’t want your own children to see,” Harry pleaded. “I think that’s a really simple request. It’s an easy fix.”
Meghan added that “social media is not going away” and should therefore be a cause for concern for all parents. “By design, there is an entry point that’s supposed to be positive,” she said. “Something has devolved and there’s no way to hear that and not try to help these families have their stories be heard. Their stories are what matter.”
Earlier that day, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who were in New York City to celebrate World Mental Health Day, paid a visit to Marcy Lab School. The Brooklyn trade school is a partner of Harry and Meghan’s Archewell Foundation.
READ ALSO: Tinubu Appoints New Heads For CAC, SMEDAN, Others
The twosome met with a group of high school graduates that were chosen as the Fall 2023 Marcy Lab Fellows. They also spoke with alumni of the fellowship to gauge how they are using technology for good in their careers post-graduation.
Harry and Meghan’s trip to NYC is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Meghan’s next steps in her own career.
“Harry and Meghan have been busy with Invictus Games recently, but Meghan is still planning her Hollywood reinvention,” a source exclusively told Us Weekly earlier this month. “Meghan has a new team around her, and they’ve been strategizing about what mediums will have the most impact.”
While nothing is “locked in yet,” the insider said that Meghan wants her next venture “to be rooted in giving back” and “philanthropy,” which could lead to more docuseries that highlight fundraising needs in different areas.
News
N200b Agric Credit Dispute: Appeal Court Slams NAIC, Upholds First Bank Victory

The Court of Appeal, Abuja, has dismissed the appeal filed by the Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation (NAIC) against First Bank of Nigeria in the long-running dispute over the disbursement of the Federal Government’s N200 billion Commercial Agriculture Credit Scheme.
The decision was one of seven precedent-setting judgments delivered in six hours on Friday by Justice Okon Abang, underscoring his reputation as a hardworking, firm, and uncompromisingly principled jurist whose rulings continue to shape Nigeria’s legal landscape across criminal, human rights, banking, and civil litigation.
In 2013, the NAIC dragged First Bank before the Federal High Court via originating summons, alleging that the bank failed to deduct the mandatory 2.5 per cent premium under the agriculture credit scheme. First Bank promptly filed a counter-affidavit and written address, with both sides joining issues and exchanging further processes over the years.
But when the case was ripe for hearing, NAIC sought to suddenly withdraw its suit—claiming an unnamed Bankers’ Committee representative had approached it for an out-of-court settlement.
READ ALSO:Court Dismisses SPDC’s Objections To Compensation Over Hydrocarbon Pollution In A’Ibom
First Bank objected, insisting that once pleadings had been exchanged, withdrawal without consent should lead to dismissal, not a mere striking out. To strike out, the bank argued, would allow NAIC a second bite at the cherry—an abuse of process.
The Federal High Court agreed and dismissed the suit, prompting NAIC to head to the Court of Appeal.
Delivering the unanimous judgment of the Court of Appeal, Justice Abang held that NAIC’s appeal was “grossly misconceived” and that, having seen the bank’s defence, NAIC attempted to retreat and re-strategise, “only being smart, believing that it could cunningly manipulate judicial proceedings to save a suit that appears weak and manifestly unsupported.”
He stressed that, once a defendant’s counter-affidavit has been served, any withdrawal by the claimant must naturally lead to dismissal, not striking out, to avoid overreaching the respondent.
READ ALSO:N6trn: Court Orders Tinubu To Publish NDDC Audit Report, Name Indicted Officials
Justice Abang agreed with the trial court that, “Since issues have been joined and the matter has previously been adjourned on several occasions, the proper order to make on the application of the plaintiff is to dismiss the suit.”
The Court of Appeal also questioned NAIC’s reliance on an alleged intervention by the Bankers’ Committee—a non-party that had earlier resisted being joined in the matter.
The appellate court concluded that NAIC, having sighted the bank’s counter-affidavit, simply lost confidence in its case and sought a “soft landing” to refile later.
READ ALSO:
“This cannot be allowed under our watch. The appellant cannot command the impossible,” Justice Abang held, agreeing with the decision of the Federal High Court and dismissing NAIC’s appeal in its entirety, affirming the lower court’s ruling and awarding N1 million costs in favour of First Bank.
The judgment revisits the implementation of the N200 billion Commercial Agriculture Credit Scheme (CACS) launched in 2009 and funded through a DMO-issued bond. The scheme was a flagship intervention of the CBN to boost agricultural productivity through low-interest financing capped at nine per cent.
(GUARDIAN)
News
Nigeria Records One Of Africa’s Widest Gaps In Policy Reputation Index

Nigeria has been identified as one of the African nations suffering the largest disconnect between policy delivery and citizen trust, a finding described as the “defining governance crisis” across the continent, according to the inaugural RPI African Policy Index 2025 released by Reputation Poll International (RPI).
The comprehensive Index, which evaluates governance and policy performance across all 54 African countries, places Nigeria in the middle tier of “Strugglers” with an overall score of 52.3. This category reflects nations that achieve partial policy results but fail to earn public confidence.
Drawing from hard data on policy implementation and perception surveys involving over 25,000 Africans, the report shows that Nigeria records one of the continent’s widest Trust Gaps, sometimes exceeding 25 points between objective performance and citizen confidence.
The report flags Nigeria alongside South Africa, Angola, Egypt, and Zimbabwe as countries with the most severe mismatches.
READ ALSO:Why I Returned To Nigeria On Ivorian Jet — Jonathan
In Nigeria, anti-corruption laws and other initiatives score reasonably well on paper but fail to inspire public trust due to perceived elite impunity and inconsistent enforcement.
Similar patterns exist across these nations, where oil wealth, infrastructure spending, and progressive legislation do not convince ordinary citizens that governments genuinely serve their interests. This trust deficit is highlighted as Africa’s core governance challenge.
The Index emphasises that without deliberate measures to close the gap—through transparent data, citizen audits, and visible accountability—policy ambitions alone cannot produce stable or legitimate outcomes.
By contrast, a small group of nations scoring above 70 demonstrate that world-class governance is achievable when delivery is matched by citizen belief.
READ ALSO:Nigerian Army Promotes 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels
Mauritius leads with 78.9, followed by Seychelles at 76.4, Cabo Verde at 74.8, and Botswana at 73.2. These countries excel because strong economic management, high vaccination rates, transparent institutions, and consistent progress in education and digital reforms are reinforced by equally high public trust.
Botswana and Mauritius succeed not because they are wealthy, but because they systematically include citizens in monitoring and feedback, narrowing the trust deficit to near zero.
Over half of Africa, however, remains far from this standard. The Strugglers tier (50–69.9) encompasses 30 countries, while 18 “Systemic Challengers” score below 50, from Sierra Leone at 49.2 to South Sudan at 28.4.
READ ALSO:Tinubu Constitutes Membership For US–Nigeria Security Working Group
In these countries, structural breakdowns, chronic insecurity, and collapsed legitimacy produce average Trust Gaps of 35 points, undermining even modest policy efforts amid daily experiences of violence and exclusion.
Central Africa records the lowest regional average at 41.2, while Southern Africa dominates the top tier. West, East, and North Africa deliver mixed results.
For Nigerian leadership, the Index sends a clear message: policy formulation alone is no longer sufficient. As the country grapples with debt, youth unemployment, and climate pressures, bridging the Trust Gap through better communication, transparency, and inclusive monitoring has become essential to achieve sustained development and restore public confidence.
The RPI African Policy Index 2025 stands as both a warning and a roadmap: unless the trust deficit is addressed, Africa’s governance crisis will only deepen.
(GUARDIAN)
News
‘My Father Discovered Banana Island’ – Ex-BBNaija Star Claims

Former Big Brother Naija reality star, Kiddwaya has claimed that his dad, Terry Waya, discovered the famous Banana Island in Lagos.
He made the claim in a recent of the Off The Record podcast.
The host asked: “I heard that your dad discovered Banana Island. Is that correct?”
READ ALSO:Moment Adekunle Gold Light Up BBNaija S10 Finale With ‘Party No Dey Stop’
Kiddwaya replied: “Yeah, I didn’t even know until I heard it during one of my trips.”
Kiddwaya’s dad, Terry Waya is a self-acclaimed billionaire with investments in the real estate, agriculture and hospitality industry.
His public profile was further boosted during and after his son Kiddwaya’s appearance on the Big Brother Naija reality show in 2020.
Watch video here.
Metro5 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News4 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News4 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline4 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro3 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
Metro3 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
News3 days agoOkpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
News3 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
News4 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Politics5 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script









