Connect with us

Metro

Military Neutralises 52 Terrorists, Apprehends 60 – DHQ

Published

on

Troops of the armed forces in operations against criminal elements across the country, neutralized 52 terrorists and arrested 60 terrorists, kidnappers and oil theft perpetrators while 61 kidnapped victims were rescued in the last week.

Troops also discovered and destroyed 34 Illegal Refining Sites, 16 wooden boats, 57 storage tanks, 85 ovens and 34 dugout pits while seizing 296,250 litres of stolen crude oil, 53,400 liters of illegally refined AGO and 10 vehicles

Advertisement

Director Defence Media Operations, Major Gen Edwarx Buba who made this known on Friday said a total of 7 terrorists comprising of 5 adult males, one adult female surrendered to troops.

He disclosed that troops recovered a total number of 77 weapons and 658 assorted kinds of ammunition made up of 53 AK49 rifles including 2 AK47 rifles loaded with 8 rounds of 7.62mm special ammo, 18 locally fabricated rifles, 3 pump action guns, 650 rounds of 7.62mm special ammo, 50 AK47 magazines,15 vehicles, 12 motorcycles, 12 Bicycles, 5 mobile phones, 12 cutlasses, 133 livestocks and a sum of N602,000. and Airtel airtime worth N8,000.

READ ALSO:Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Enclave, Kill 6 Boko Haram Terrorists

Advertisement

Elaborating on the encounters, Gen Buba said, “In the North East,, troops of Operation Hadin Kai neutralized 60 terrorists, arrested 3 suspected terrorists and rescued 17 kidnapped hostages.

“Troops also recovered 4 Mobile phones, 3 bicycles, Airtel Recharge card worth N8,000.00, 32 AK 47 rifles, 22 AK 47 rifle magazines, 303 rounds of 7.62 mm Special ammunition and one vehicle.

“The operations including ambushes, raids, rescue, fighting patrols, attacks as well as cordon and search activities were conducted in Dikwa LGA, Gwoza LGA, Kondugha LGA, Bama LGA, Kaga LGA, Hawuli LGA, Nganzai LGA, Mongonu LGA, Damboa LGA, Magumeri LGA, Same LGA, Jere LGA and Mobber LGA all in Borno.

Advertisement

“In the North Central, troops of Operation Safe Haven conducted raids and arrest of terrorists at Afana village in Zangon Kataf of LGA of Kaduna State.

READ ALSO: Troops Kill 23 Terrorists, Arrest 137 Criminals

“Troops arrested a suspect for attack on civilian populace with a cash amounting to N28,150.00. Troops recovered 1 AK 47, one fabricated rifle 24 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunitions, 133 Cattles.

Advertisement

“Troops also rescued a kidnaped civilian and arrested 3 suspected cattle rustlers while a suspect was arrested in connection to a murder.

“Troops also arrested cattle rustlers in Dogo Nahawa Bush Jos South, Bokkos and Mangu LGAs of Plateau State. Troops recovered weapons at Kulben village in Mangu LGA of Plateau State.

“Troops of Operation Whirl Stroke conducted 22 operations; 13 fighting patrols, 6 confidence building patrols and one raid operation in Mbaayande, Mbamazu and Mbaagudu villages of Konshiga LGA of Benue State. Similarly, fighting patrol was conducted in Logo LGA while some arrests were made around Okpokwu LGA of Benue State.

Advertisement

“Troops of Operation Hadarin Daji in the North West intercepted 3 fleeing suspected terrorist collaborators operating within the Madachi Forest in Katsina State.

READ ALSO: Troops Eliminate 55 Terrorists, Top Commanders Of ISWAP

“The air component of OPHD conducted 12 missions in 13 sorties.

Advertisement

“Troops of Joint Task Force Operations Udoka and Operation Searcb and Flush in the South East region conducted raid operations on IPOB/ESN camps in Ohafia LGAs of Abia State leading to the recovery of one improvised 16 MBRL gun mounted on a vehicle with other arms and ammunition.

“Troops responded to foil kidnappers’ activities in Okigwe LGA of Imo State, conducted fighting patrol to Isu Onichain Onicha LGA of Ebonyi State and apprehended 5 suspected IPOB/ESN terrorists in Ikwo and Ihiala LGAs of Ebonyi and Anambra States respectively.

“Sadly, a joint patrol team of Operation Search and Flush (SAR) suffered a setback when responding to a distress call in Ehime Mbano LGA of Imo State.

Advertisement

“They were ambushed by members of the Proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and its armed affiliated Eastern Security Network (ESN).

Meanwhile, troop operations led to the rescue of kidnapped hostages and others.

“Troops of Operation Delta Safe denied oil theft of an estimated sum of Nine hundred and forty-six million, three hundred and eighty-seven thousand five hundred and seventy naira (N946,387,570.00) being the value of seizures.

Advertisement

“The operations in South-South resulted in the recovery of the following; 496,250 litres of stolen crude oil, 83,400 litres of illegally refined AGO, 1,200 litres of PMS, 4 pumping machines, 5 Speed Boats, 34 dugout pits, 57 storage tanks, 16 wooden boats, 85 ovens and 3 outboard engines.

VANGUARD

Advertisement

Metro

My Wife Sleeps In Leggings, Denies Me Sex —Husband

Published

on

He starves me, our children, beat me, left me almost naked in public —Wife

A minibus driver complained before a local court in Lusaka, Zambia, that his wife sleeps in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.

Richard Makura, 48, of Kanyama compound was testifying in a case in which his wife, Patricia Mulenga, 40, a business woman sued him for divorce on allegation that he was violent.

Advertisement

According to the Zambian Observer, the two got married in 1996 and have three children.

Patricia told the senior court magistrate, Lewis Mum, sitting with two other magistrates, Abbyshine Michelo and Esther Mulomba at Kanyama Local Court that Richard has been beating her over petty issues since her father in 2004.

READ ALSO:I No Longer Love My Husband, I Want Divorce —Wife

Advertisement

She explained that in 2006, he threatened to burn her clothes and was forced to seek refuge at her parents’ home.

She told the court that he once beat her until she fainted.

Patricia stated that in 2015, Richard started working for APG Milling in Mansa but still failed to provide for the family because he only sent home K50 or K100 per month.

Advertisement

She further said that Richard joined her in June 2016 when his contract was terminated but she never saw the benefits he was given.

READ ALSO:‘My Husband Became Hostile After Losing His Job, Brandished Cutlass At Me’

“When I asked for our children’s school fees, he beat me in public and removed the chitenge material I was wearing.

Advertisement

“I was left in the short skirt I was wearing and in the confusion, he beat a man who wanted to rescue from his hand,” Patricia stated.

In defense, Richard denied being violet but admitted that problem started in 2006 when he had a girlfriend.

READ ALSO:My Wife Denies Me Sex, Neglects Our Children —Husband

Advertisement

He explained that when he came from Mansa, his wife started sleeping in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.

The magistrate, Mumba stated that there was violence in their marriage and since Patricia wanted divorce, the court had no power to continue to live with Richard.

He granted the couple divorce, ordering Richard to compensate Patricia with K6,000 with initial payment of K1,000 followed by monthly installment of K400.

Advertisement

Property acquired together was ordered to be shared equally.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

I Spent 13 Days In Hospital After My Husband Beat Me —Wife

Published

on

…I now love her the more —Husband

A housewife, LadidiI Abass, has dragged her husband, Shehu Abass, to a Sharia Court sitting in Magajin Garki, Kaduna, Kaduna State, seeking divorce over alleged battery.

Abass who reside at Rigasa, Kaduna, said her husband usually beat her any time they had a misunderstanding.

Advertisement

Accordng to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the last time he did, he was hospitalised for 13 days.

He usually beats me in front of our children.

The last time he beat me, I was hospitalized for 13 days,”  Ladidi said.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:My Wife Harasses, Slaps Me All The Time —Husband

She prayed the court to dissolve their union and grant her custody of their children.

The defendant, Shehu, denied all the allegations.

Advertisement

“I have just started loving my wife. I love her more and more every hour, “

Shehu thus prayed the court to grant him time to resolve their differences.

The judge, Murtal Nasir, after he had heard both parties, ordered the complainant to testify on her allegation on battery.

Advertisement

He then adjourned the case.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

My Husband Abandoned Me, No Longer Comes To My Room —Wife

Published

on

…I still love her —Husband

A housewife, Hassana Adamu, has urged a Upper Area Court, Gwagwalada, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), to dissolve her 10-year-old marriage to her husband, Danjuma Ali, on the grounds of lack of love and interest.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Hassan told the court that her marriage with Danjuma is blessed with three kids.

Advertisement

“I have lost interest in our marriage and no longer love my husband.

“My husband has abandoned me. He does not enter my room again, and he is no longer interested in me.

READ ALSO:I Doubt Our Only Child’s Paternity, I Want DNA Test, Man Tells Court

Advertisement

I want the court to dissolve our marriage because of lack of love and interest.”

Danjuma in his response , however, said that he still loved his wife.

The judge, Malam Abdulkarim, advised the couple to explore some means of settlement.

Advertisement

Abdulkarim asked the complainant if she was willing to accept back her husband if he did all she wanted, but she answered in the negative.

He then adjourned the case.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending