Connect with us

Metro

Military Neutralises 52 Terrorists, Apprehends 60 – DHQ

Published

on

Troops of the armed forces in operations against criminal elements across the country, neutralized 52 terrorists and arrested 60 terrorists, kidnappers and oil theft perpetrators while 61 kidnapped victims were rescued in the last week.

Troops also discovered and destroyed 34 Illegal Refining Sites, 16 wooden boats, 57 storage tanks, 85 ovens and 34 dugout pits while seizing 296,250 litres of stolen crude oil, 53,400 liters of illegally refined AGO and 10 vehicles

Advertisement

Director Defence Media Operations, Major Gen Edwarx Buba who made this known on Friday said a total of 7 terrorists comprising of 5 adult males, one adult female surrendered to troops.

He disclosed that troops recovered a total number of 77 weapons and 658 assorted kinds of ammunition made up of 53 AK49 rifles including 2 AK47 rifles loaded with 8 rounds of 7.62mm special ammo, 18 locally fabricated rifles, 3 pump action guns, 650 rounds of 7.62mm special ammo, 50 AK47 magazines,15 vehicles, 12 motorcycles, 12 Bicycles, 5 mobile phones, 12 cutlasses, 133 livestocks and a sum of N602,000. and Airtel airtime worth N8,000.

READ ALSO:Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Enclave, Kill 6 Boko Haram Terrorists

Advertisement

Elaborating on the encounters, Gen Buba said, “In the North East,, troops of Operation Hadin Kai neutralized 60 terrorists, arrested 3 suspected terrorists and rescued 17 kidnapped hostages.

“Troops also recovered 4 Mobile phones, 3 bicycles, Airtel Recharge card worth N8,000.00, 32 AK 47 rifles, 22 AK 47 rifle magazines, 303 rounds of 7.62 mm Special ammunition and one vehicle.

“The operations including ambushes, raids, rescue, fighting patrols, attacks as well as cordon and search activities were conducted in Dikwa LGA, Gwoza LGA, Kondugha LGA, Bama LGA, Kaga LGA, Hawuli LGA, Nganzai LGA, Mongonu LGA, Damboa LGA, Magumeri LGA, Same LGA, Jere LGA and Mobber LGA all in Borno.

Advertisement

“In the North Central, troops of Operation Safe Haven conducted raids and arrest of terrorists at Afana village in Zangon Kataf of LGA of Kaduna State.

READ ALSO: Troops Kill 23 Terrorists, Arrest 137 Criminals

“Troops arrested a suspect for attack on civilian populace with a cash amounting to N28,150.00. Troops recovered 1 AK 47, one fabricated rifle 24 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunitions, 133 Cattles.

Advertisement

“Troops also rescued a kidnaped civilian and arrested 3 suspected cattle rustlers while a suspect was arrested in connection to a murder.

“Troops also arrested cattle rustlers in Dogo Nahawa Bush Jos South, Bokkos and Mangu LGAs of Plateau State. Troops recovered weapons at Kulben village in Mangu LGA of Plateau State.

“Troops of Operation Whirl Stroke conducted 22 operations; 13 fighting patrols, 6 confidence building patrols and one raid operation in Mbaayande, Mbamazu and Mbaagudu villages of Konshiga LGA of Benue State. Similarly, fighting patrol was conducted in Logo LGA while some arrests were made around Okpokwu LGA of Benue State.

Advertisement

“Troops of Operation Hadarin Daji in the North West intercepted 3 fleeing suspected terrorist collaborators operating within the Madachi Forest in Katsina State.

READ ALSO: Troops Eliminate 55 Terrorists, Top Commanders Of ISWAP

“The air component of OPHD conducted 12 missions in 13 sorties.

Advertisement

“Troops of Joint Task Force Operations Udoka and Operation Searcb and Flush in the South East region conducted raid operations on IPOB/ESN camps in Ohafia LGAs of Abia State leading to the recovery of one improvised 16 MBRL gun mounted on a vehicle with other arms and ammunition.

“Troops responded to foil kidnappers’ activities in Okigwe LGA of Imo State, conducted fighting patrol to Isu Onichain Onicha LGA of Ebonyi State and apprehended 5 suspected IPOB/ESN terrorists in Ikwo and Ihiala LGAs of Ebonyi and Anambra States respectively.

“Sadly, a joint patrol team of Operation Search and Flush (SAR) suffered a setback when responding to a distress call in Ehime Mbano LGA of Imo State.

Advertisement

“They were ambushed by members of the Proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and its armed affiliated Eastern Security Network (ESN).

Meanwhile, troop operations led to the rescue of kidnapped hostages and others.

“Troops of Operation Delta Safe denied oil theft of an estimated sum of Nine hundred and forty-six million, three hundred and eighty-seven thousand five hundred and seventy naira (N946,387,570.00) being the value of seizures.

Advertisement

“The operations in South-South resulted in the recovery of the following; 496,250 litres of stolen crude oil, 83,400 litres of illegally refined AGO, 1,200 litres of PMS, 4 pumping machines, 5 Speed Boats, 34 dugout pits, 57 storage tanks, 16 wooden boats, 85 ovens and 3 outboard engines.

VANGUARD

Advertisement

Metro

Drama At Benin Motor Park As Pastor Chase Away Colleague, Claims Exclusive Preaching Rights

Published

on

By

Drama erupted at Ologbo Park by Agip Filling Station, along Sapele Road, Benin City, when a popular evangelist known as Pastor Evidence threw caution to the wind and chased away a colleague-pastor who came to the park to preach to passengers travelling from Benin to Warri, Delta State.

It is a common practice in most of the motor parks in Benin seeing pastors or better put, evangelists, preaching to passengers who are about embarking on a journey.

Advertisement

These pastors or evangelists thereafter offer prayers to Almighty God for a safe trip on behalf of the passengers, and in return solicit for financial assistance from the passengers for the support of their evangelical work.

READ ALSO: Edo Sports Commission Boss Celebrates Okpehbolo On Birthday

However, this voluntary preaching of the gospel turned something else on Sunday morning at the park as Pastor Evidence, in the full glare of passengers, conductors and passersby, ordered his colleague to leave the park in a loud voice, claiming the exclusive preaching right to the park.

Advertisement

The development angered some of the bus drivers as they came in their number in defence of the pastor.

The incident caused commotion and division amongst the drivers.

While some supported the action of the pastor others condemned him. They accused him of greed and being hostile to a fellow preacher.

Advertisement

A traveller who witnessed the drama criticized Pastor Evidence, saying that his actions exemplify the commercialisation of the gospel.

The passenger who spoke in anonymity said: “This is shameful. A so-called man of God can do this to a fellow pastor. Is it because of the little offering from passengers? His action further speak to the commercialisation of the word of God by fake pastors.”

 

Advertisement

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Anambra Lady, Lover Arrested For Staging Own Kidnap

Published

on

By

The Anambra State Police Command has arrested two suspects for faking a kidnap and recovered the sum of ₦1.2million, being part of the ransom earlier paid by the supposed kidnapped victim’s family members.

According to a statement released by the spokesman for the command, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, on Saturday, the suspects, identified as Nmesoma Nwoye, female, aged 23 years, and Chibuike Ogbu, male, aged 24 years, were arrested after intelligence-led operations uncovered that the supposed victim conspired with Chibuike (her boyfriend) to stage her own abduction.

Advertisement

Ikenga said that the suspects initially demanded ₦15million ransom, and after negotiation, ₦3million was transferred into the victim’s account.

READ ALSO:Police Arrest Ex-Soldier, Four Others Over Armed Robbery, Kidnapping In Anambra

He said following the arrest of the suspects, the Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Ikioye Orutugu, expressed deep concern over the rising cases of moral decadence in the society, adding that the suspects were arrested by police operatives attached to the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu.

Advertisement

The statement read, “The suspects identified as Nmesoma Josephine Nwoye, female, aged 23 years, and Chibuike Ogbu, male, aged 24 years, were arrested after intelligence-led operations uncovered that the supposed victim conspired with Chibuike (her boyfriend) to stage her own abduction.

“The operatives also recovered the sum of ₦1,200,000, being part of the ransom earlier paid by the girl’s family members.

“Further information reveals that the suspects demanded ₦15million ransom, and after negotiation, ₦3million was transferred into the victim’s account.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Police Arrest Ex-Soldier, Four Others Over Armed Robbery, Kidnapping In Anambra

Reacting to the development, CP Orutugu described the incident as a reflection of the rising moral decay in the society, where young people are increasingly resorting to criminality for selfish gains.”

According to him, the CP urged parents, guardians, and religious leaders to intensify efforts in inculcating discipline, integrity, and sound values in their children and wards.

Advertisement

The CP also warned youths against engaging in self-destructive ventures, stressing that the long arm of the law will always catch up with criminals, no matter how cleverly disguised their schemes may be,” the statement added.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

35-year-old Man Electrocuted In Ebonyi

Published

on

By

A 35-year-old man identified as Peter Ugochukwu Odom, a native of Oyinkwa village in Amachi Community, was reportedly electrocuted while erecting a pole at Nkwoagu in Abakaliki Local Government Area of the State.

It was gathered that the deceased, who worked with Ibortic Concrete Investment Ltd, was part of a team contracted to install new poles in the area.

Advertisement

It was in the course of mounting the poles that he accidentally touched a live high-tension wire, leading to his instant electrocution.

READ ALSO:UK Bars Over 100 Job Roles From Foreign Recruitment To Curb Migration

Confirming the incident, the Managing Director of the company, Mr. Peter Ibor Chukwuemeka, who also disclosed that the victim was his younger brother, expressed deep grief over the loss.

Advertisement

According to him, the team had been invited by a customer to deliver and mount a concrete pole near Nkwoagu.

We were called for the job. The customer assured my boys that power had already been disconnected from the high-tension line in the area. Unfortunately, that information was false.

READ ALSO:Lawyer Sues Sanwo-Olu For Blocking Him On X

Advertisement

While attempting to erect the pole, it mistakenly touched the high-tension wire, and my brother got electrocuted instantly,” he explained.

He said that the victim was first rushed to the military clinic within the cantonment before being transferred to the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital (AE-FUTHA II), where doctors confirmed him dead.

Mr. Chukwuemeka lamented that the deceased, who had worked with him for over three years, was a diligent staff and the breadwinner of his young family.

Advertisement

The victim’s uncle, Mr. Ezeode Samuel, confirmed the incident and described the incident as a great loss to the family, adding that burial arrangements would be decided after consultations.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Exit mobile version