Metro
Multinational Taskforce Arrests Terrorists’ Food Suppliers
Published
3 years agoon
By
Editor
No fewer than 40 terrorists’ food suppliers have been arrested by personnel of the Multinational Joint Task Force.
The suspects were arrested during an intelligence operation carried out by troops of sector 3 of the Task Force in the Lake Chad region.
A statement on Tuesday by the Chief of Military Public Information Office, Lt Col Kamarudeen Adegoke, said a total of 466 bags of beans and corn among other large quantities of food items were intercepted by the troops.
The statement read in part, “In continuation with the activities of the MNJTF to clamp down on terrorist activities in the Lake Chad region, troops of Sector 3 (Monguno) on October 11 2022, arrested 40 terrorist logistics suppliers during an intelligence-led operation conducted on a suspected supply route.”
The operation led to the discovery of 64 bags of beans, two bags of maize, and other large quantities of food items, which were being conveyed to the terrorists’ enclaves.
READ ALSO: Buhari Govt Under Fire For ‘Mishandling’ Nnamdi Kanu’s Case
Adegoke said a follow-up on the operation led to the discovery of another 300 bags of beans and 100 bags of corn, adding that the seized items had been destroyed.
He added that in another related incident on October 11, 2022, troops of 68 Battalion on a joint patrol with the Civilian Joint Task Force along the Mallam Fatori- Bandamari- Bari – Korarawon axis, discovered and confiscated 12 bags of fish and nine donkeys suspected to be used in ferrying supplies to the terrorists hiding in the Lake Chad basin area.
PUNCH
You may like
FG Captures Two Ansaru Terrorist Leaders
How Terrorist Leader, Abubakar Abba, Was arrested – Niger Govt
Soldiers Kill Three Terrorist Kingpins In Sokoto
Troops Kill 10 Terrorists Near Nigeria, Cameroon Border
20 Soldiers, Scores Of Bandits Die In Niger Clash
JUST IN: Many Killed As Soldiers, Bandits Exchange Gunfire In Kaduna
Metro
My Wife Sleeps In Leggings, Denies Me Sex —Husband
Published
1 hour agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
…He starves me, our children, beat me, left me almost naked in public —Wife
A minibus driver complained before a local court in Lusaka, Zambia, that his wife sleeps in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.
Richard Makura, 48, of Kanyama compound was testifying in a case in which his wife, Patricia Mulenga, 40, a business woman sued him for divorce on allegation that he was violent.
According to the Zambian Observer, the two got married in 1996 and have three children.
Patricia told the senior court magistrate, Lewis Mum, sitting with two other magistrates, Abbyshine Michelo and Esther Mulomba at Kanyama Local Court that Richard has been beating her over petty issues since her father in 2004.
READ ALSO:I No Longer Love My Husband, I Want Divorce —Wife
She explained that in 2006, he threatened to burn her clothes and was forced to seek refuge at her parents’ home.
She told the court that he once beat her until she fainted.
Patricia stated that in 2015, Richard started working for APG Milling in Mansa but still failed to provide for the family because he only sent home K50 or K100 per month.
She further said that Richard joined her in June 2016 when his contract was terminated but she never saw the benefits he was given.
READ ALSO:‘My Husband Became Hostile After Losing His Job, Brandished Cutlass At Me’
“When I asked for our children’s school fees, he beat me in public and removed the chitenge material I was wearing.
“I was left in the short skirt I was wearing and in the confusion, he beat a man who wanted to rescue from his hand,” Patricia stated.
In defense, Richard denied being violet but admitted that problem started in 2006 when he had a girlfriend.
READ ALSO:My Wife Denies Me Sex, Neglects Our Children —Husband
He explained that when he came from Mansa, his wife started sleeping in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.
The magistrate, Mumba stated that there was violence in their marriage and since Patricia wanted divorce, the court had no power to continue to live with Richard.
He granted the couple divorce, ordering Richard to compensate Patricia with K6,000 with initial payment of K1,000 followed by monthly installment of K400.
Property acquired together was ordered to be shared equally.
Metro
I Spent 13 Days In Hospital After My Husband Beat Me —Wife
Published
1 hour agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
…I now love her the more —Husband
A housewife, LadidiI Abass, has dragged her husband, Shehu Abass, to a Sharia Court sitting in Magajin Garki, Kaduna, Kaduna State, seeking divorce over alleged battery.
Abass who reside at Rigasa, Kaduna, said her husband usually beat her any time they had a misunderstanding.
Accordng to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the last time he did, he was hospitalised for 13 days.
“He usually beats me in front of our children.
“The last time he beat me, I was hospitalized for 13 days,” Ladidi said.
READ ALSO:My Wife Harasses, Slaps Me All The Time —Husband
She prayed the court to dissolve their union and grant her custody of their children.
The defendant, Shehu, denied all the allegations.
“I have just started loving my wife. I love her more and more every hour, “
Shehu thus prayed the court to grant him time to resolve their differences.
The judge, Murtal Nasir, after he had heard both parties, ordered the complainant to testify on her allegation on battery.
He then adjourned the case.
Metro
My Husband Abandoned Me, No Longer Comes To My Room —Wife
Published
1 hour agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
…I still love her —Husband
A housewife, Hassana Adamu, has urged a Upper Area Court, Gwagwalada, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), to dissolve her 10-year-old marriage to her husband, Danjuma Ali, on the grounds of lack of love and interest.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Hassan told the court that her marriage with Danjuma is blessed with three kids.
“I have lost interest in our marriage and no longer love my husband.
“My husband has abandoned me. He does not enter my room again, and he is no longer interested in me.
READ ALSO:I Doubt Our Only Child’s Paternity, I Want DNA Test, Man Tells Court
“I want the court to dissolve our marriage because of lack of love and interest.”
Danjuma in his response , however, said that he still loved his wife.
The judge, Malam Abdulkarim, advised the couple to explore some means of settlement.
Abdulkarim asked the complainant if she was willing to accept back her husband if he did all she wanted, but she answered in the negative.
He then adjourned the case.
- APC Mocks Jonathan As ADC Woos Him For 2027 Race
- 5 Records Michael Jackson Set That Remain Unbroken
- My Wife Sleeps In Leggings, Denies Me Sex —Husband
- I Spent 13 Days In Hospital After My Husband Beat Me —Wife
- My Husband Abandoned Me, No Longer Comes To My Room —Wife
- I Doubt Our Only Child’s Paternity, I Want DNA Test, Man Tells Court
- DANGER: Six Incurable Diseases You Should Know — And Their Causes
- ‘He Married Me Cos’ Of My Property, Later Deserted Me Cos’ I’m Barren’
- I Don’t Want A Refund Of My Wife’s Bride Price — Husband
- West Ham Reject Chance To Sign Andre Onana On Loan
Trending
- Politics5 days ago
[BREAKING] Edo: APC Suspends Ex-senatorial Aspirant Of Party
- News5 days ago
NAFDAC Warns Of Fake Postinor-2 In Circulation
- Headline5 days ago
US Comedian Reggie Carroll Shot Dead In Mississippi
- News2 days ago
JUST IN: Immigration Hikes Passport Fees To N100,000, N200,000
- Headline5 days ago
US Defends New Social Media Vetting For Nigerian Visa Applicants
- Politics5 days ago
PDP Zones 2027 Presidential Ticket To South
- Politics5 days ago
Why APC Candidates Contested 2023 LG Election Despite Intimidation — State Chairman
- News5 days ago
Things To Know As INEC Begins Physical Voter Registration Monday
- Sports5 days ago
Brazil Names Squad Without Neymar, Vinicius For World Cup Qualifiers [FULL LIST]
- Headline5 days ago
Again, Russia Claims Another Village In Ukraine’s Region