Connect with us

Metro

‘My Landlord Beat Me To Pulp For Refusing His Love Advances’ – Mother Of Three

Published

on

I Neither Beat Her Nor Asked Her Out – Lordlord

A woman, Mrs Comfort Giwa, said she got the beating of her life when her landlord, Mr Adisa Lukman, openly brutalised her for allegedly turning down his love advances.

The incident, according to Comfort,  happened on February 9, 2020, while she was talking to a friend outside their residence at 3, Idiatu Kilani Street in the Fagba area of New Oko Oba, Agege, Lagos.

Advertisement

She said she was mercilessly beaten by the landlord during which she sustained varying degrees of injury on several parts of her body, including a wound on her arm.

Nation reports that she claimed that the man had made passes at her, which she rejected on several occasions, after which he threatened to deal with her.

‘’I started having issues with our landlord(Adisa), shortly after we moved into his house three years ago when he made several passes at me. He said he liked me and that he would like to date me but I rebuffed him knowing full well that I am a married woman living with my husband in his house.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Fayose Describes APC As ‘Coronavirus Infected’, Says He Has No Plan To Join

‘’He was persistent in asking me out and at a point, I reported him to my husband. He then threatened that he would deal with me for spawning him. He has his own wife, yet, he had been disturbing, asking me to date him.

‘’Last night, I was seated beside one of my friends outside our residence when a woman  living near our house told me that my landlord said my daughter was fond of harassing her own daughter. I told the woman that my daughter was innocent of the allegations and that God would expose whoever is behind the false allegations.

Advertisement

“Suddenly, my landlord rushed to where I was engaging the woman and attacked me for no just cause. He beat me to pulp. He held me down, while he called on one of his friends, who joined him to further brutalise me. The beating was so much that I sustained injuries on my body. There’s a deep cut on one my arms, as I speak. I was rushed to a hospital and placed on admission, while my husband reported the incident to the police at Oko-Oba Division.

‘’However, nothing came out of the police intervention because our landlord sought the help of some community leaders, who used their ‘connection’ with the police to deny me justice.’’

READ ALSO: Gowon seeks Gov.’s Support To Conduct Prayer rally In Bauchi

Advertisement

Comfort’s husband, David Giwa, said he was planning to move out of the building before his landlord brutalised his wife for refusing his love advances.

‘’My wife had told me that our landlord was fond of peeping through the bathroom door to look at her naked body whenever she is having her bath. After he was cautioned, I figured out that his attitude was a signal to leave his house and I started saving money to get another accommodation in order to save my wife and children from the incessant harassment by my landlord.

‘’I was then shocked when my landlord and his associates descended on my wife and brutalised her, to the extent that she sustained injuries. She was placed on admission in a hospital for some days and she is still nursing wounds from the attack, as we speak.

Advertisement

‘’After I visited my wife in hospital, I made a report on the incident at Oko-Oba Police Division, but nothing came out of it because my landlord and some community leaders used their ‘connection’ to circumvent justice.’’

Adisa, however, denied the woman’s allegation that he(landlord) asked her out. He also denied inflicting injuries on her. He said the police had investigated the matter and exonerated him of alny wrongdoing.

The embattled landlord told The Nation on telephone that Comfort injured herself when she made a fruitless attempt to hit him with one of her hands.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Put An End To Gas Flaring, University Don Tells Petroleum Engineers

‘’Police have investigated the matter and found out that it was not true. Comfort’s daughter and another girl whose mother lives in the neighborhood  ganged up to harass my daughter on her way to school. I warned her and the other woman to reprimand their daughters and she suddenly held my dress and attacked me.

‘’ I did not beat her. The wounds on her hand were as a result of the attack she launched on me. She wanted to hit me with her hands but I dodged  and she landed one of the hands on a plank used to erect a shop extension at the scene.’’

Advertisement

He added, ‘’ I gave his husband a quit notice months ago and he tore the notice in my presence; even the community leaders.

(NATION)

PHOTO: File

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

Metro

Anambra Lady, Lover Arrested For Staging Own Kidnap

Published

on

By

The Anambra State Police Command has arrested two suspects for faking a kidnap and recovered the sum of ₦1.2million, being part of the ransom earlier paid by the supposed kidnapped victim’s family members.

According to a statement released by the spokesman for the command, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, on Saturday, the suspects, identified as Nmesoma Nwoye, female, aged 23 years, and Chibuike Ogbu, male, aged 24 years, were arrested after intelligence-led operations uncovered that the supposed victim conspired with Chibuike (her boyfriend) to stage her own abduction.

Advertisement

Ikenga said that the suspects initially demanded ₦15million ransom, and after negotiation, ₦3million was transferred into the victim’s account.

READ ALSO:Police Arrest Ex-Soldier, Four Others Over Armed Robbery, Kidnapping In Anambra

He said following the arrest of the suspects, the Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Ikioye Orutugu, expressed deep concern over the rising cases of moral decadence in the society, adding that the suspects were arrested by police operatives attached to the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu.

Advertisement

The statement read, “The suspects identified as Nmesoma Josephine Nwoye, female, aged 23 years, and Chibuike Ogbu, male, aged 24 years, were arrested after intelligence-led operations uncovered that the supposed victim conspired with Chibuike (her boyfriend) to stage her own abduction.

“The operatives also recovered the sum of ₦1,200,000, being part of the ransom earlier paid by the girl’s family members.

“Further information reveals that the suspects demanded ₦15million ransom, and after negotiation, ₦3million was transferred into the victim’s account.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Police Arrest Ex-Soldier, Four Others Over Armed Robbery, Kidnapping In Anambra

Reacting to the development, CP Orutugu described the incident as a reflection of the rising moral decay in the society, where young people are increasingly resorting to criminality for selfish gains.”

According to him, the CP urged parents, guardians, and religious leaders to intensify efforts in inculcating discipline, integrity, and sound values in their children and wards.

Advertisement

The CP also warned youths against engaging in self-destructive ventures, stressing that the long arm of the law will always catch up with criminals, no matter how cleverly disguised their schemes may be,” the statement added.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

35-year-old Man Electrocuted In Ebonyi

Published

on

By

A 35-year-old man identified as Peter Ugochukwu Odom, a native of Oyinkwa village in Amachi Community, was reportedly electrocuted while erecting a pole at Nkwoagu in Abakaliki Local Government Area of the State.

It was gathered that the deceased, who worked with Ibortic Concrete Investment Ltd, was part of a team contracted to install new poles in the area.

Advertisement

It was in the course of mounting the poles that he accidentally touched a live high-tension wire, leading to his instant electrocution.

READ ALSO:UK Bars Over 100 Job Roles From Foreign Recruitment To Curb Migration

Confirming the incident, the Managing Director of the company, Mr. Peter Ibor Chukwuemeka, who also disclosed that the victim was his younger brother, expressed deep grief over the loss.

Advertisement

According to him, the team had been invited by a customer to deliver and mount a concrete pole near Nkwoagu.

We were called for the job. The customer assured my boys that power had already been disconnected from the high-tension line in the area. Unfortunately, that information was false.

READ ALSO:Lawyer Sues Sanwo-Olu For Blocking Him On X

Advertisement

While attempting to erect the pole, it mistakenly touched the high-tension wire, and my brother got electrocuted instantly,” he explained.

He said that the victim was first rushed to the military clinic within the cantonment before being transferred to the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital (AE-FUTHA II), where doctors confirmed him dead.

Mr. Chukwuemeka lamented that the deceased, who had worked with him for over three years, was a diligent staff and the breadwinner of his young family.

Advertisement

The victim’s uncle, Mr. Ezeode Samuel, confirmed the incident and described the incident as a great loss to the family, adding that burial arrangements would be decided after consultations.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Police Foil Robbery On Sagamu-Benin Expressway, Recover Stolen Tricycle In Ogun

Published

on

By

Operatives of the Ogun State Police Command have foiled an armed robbery attempt along the Sagamu–Benin Expressway, killing one suspect and rescuing passengers trapped in the attack.

The incident occurred when a Toyota Hiace bus with registration number ENU 371 XJ, driven by one Mba Kingsley Chukwuemeka, was ambushed by a gang of about ten armed robbers at Imere Junction.

Advertisement

Spokesman for the Command said a patrol team led by ASP Ayodele Ajao responded swiftly, engaging the hoodlums in a gun battle. One of the robbers was neutralised while others escaped with gunshot wounds.

READ ALSO:Police Arrest Ex-Soldier, Four Others Over Armed Robbery, Kidnapping In Anambra

The rescued passengers and the driver were taken to safety, while the corpse of the deceased suspect was deposited at the Ijebu-Ode General Hospital morgue for autopsy. The Command added that efforts are ongoing to apprehend the fleeing suspects.

Advertisement

In a related development, the police recovered a suspected stolen tricycle at Itele during a routine stop-and-search.

The tricycle, with registration number APP 171 OM and chassis number MB6M14PA0N4L10498, was abandoned by its rider, who fled on sighting the operatives. It has since been taken to the station as the investigation continues to trace the rightful owner.

READ ALSO:Police Rescue 16 Kidnap Victims Along Benin-Lagos Road

Advertisement

Also, two suspects, Adebayo Adeleke and Ibrahim Taiwo, were arrested in Idiroko for allegedly stealing a police exhibit. The duo, reportedly caught removing a revolving light from a Hilux vehicle parked at the station, were handed over by one Oyeyemi Omotayo.

Police disclosed that the suspects confessed to the crime during interrogation, while the exhibit was recovered. The case is currently under investigation.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Exit mobile version