Metro
Nigerian Military Kills 50 Jihadists During Army Base Raids

Nigeria’s military said on Thursday it had killed 50 armed insurgents using drones to carry out multiple attacks on army bases in the volatile northeast.
The authorities in Africa’s most populous country and one of its powerhouses have been fighting the Boko Haram jihadist group and its Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) splinter for 16 years.
The groups are seeking to establish a caliphate in the northeast.
In the early hours of Thursday, troops aided by fighter jets engaged insurgents who had launched coordinated attacks on bases in the towns of Dikwa, Mafa, and Gajibo in Borno state, as well as in Katarko in neighbouring Yobe state, a military spokesman said in a statement.
READ ALSO:US To Cut Military Aid To European Countries Near Russia — Official
The military did not say which faction was behind the attacks, but intelligence sources told AFP that ISWAP militants were responsible.
“The combined ground and air efforts resulted in the neutralisation of over 50 terrorists across all the locations,” Lieutenant Colonel Sani Uba, said in the statement.
Ground and aerial pursuits were still ongoing to track down “over 70 of the wounded” insurgents, Uba said.
Soldiers seized dozens of kalashnikovs, machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs) from the militants, he said.
In a post on X, the army shared pictures showing soldiers standing over a row of several dead bodies said to be of jihadist fighters and their weapons at one of the targeted military bases.
READ ALSO:Ex-Army Chief Proposes Mandatory Military Training For Nigerians
Uba said several soldiers were wounded in the fighting, without giving numbers.
“Some vehicles and buildings were also gutted by fire from the terrorists’ armed drones and RPG fire during the battle, especially in Mafa and Dikwa, where a part of the defences were momentarily breached,” he said.
Armed insurgents are increasingly using drones, often commercial models modified to drop bombs or grenades.
A resident in Mafa showed AFP videos and pictures from the area showing the charred carcasses of several trucks and said the militants had set them ablaze during the attack.
READ ALSO:Presidential Pardons Undermine Rule Of Law, Says Amnesty
Mafa locals said the trucks were mostly laden with cement heading to Chad, whose drivers had parked for the night for fear of militant attacks on the highway.
The conflict has killed more than 40,000 and displaced around two million people in northeastern Nigeria.
It has spilled over into neighbouring countries, prompting the creation of a regional military coalition to combat the Islamist groups.
Earlier this month, at least 14 soldiers were killed in two attacks in Borno state blamed on insurgents — one at an army base, the other when a military convoy was ambushed.
Since 2019, soldiers have shut down some smaller army bases and moved into larger, fortified garrisons known as “super camps” in an attempt to better resist militant attacks.
Metro
Violence Rocks APC Reps Primary In Ekiti Ward, Exercise Declared Inconclusive

Chaos erupted at the All Progressives Congress, APC, primary for Ward 10, Fajuyi Pavilion, Ado Local Government Area of Ekiti State on Saturday.
Electoral officials halted the process and declared it inconclusive after violence broke out among party supporters.
The primary pitted Olushola Fatoba against Tope Ogunleye, widely known as RST. Loyalists and agents of both aspirants had converged on Fajuyi Pavilion before voting was scheduled to begin.
According to eyewitnesses, tensions rose when suspected thugs allegedly backing Fatoba stormed the venue wielding canes and firearms. Their arrival appeared aimed at intimidating Ogunleye’s supporters and suppressing turnout.
READ ALSO:APC Clears Wike Loyalists, Disqualifies All Fubara-aligned Aspirants For State Assembly
Despite the hostile atmosphere, Ogunleye’s backers held their ground, chanting solidarity songs in support of their candidate. Voting eventually started under heavy tension.
Observers at the scene said Ogunleye seemed to have the larger share of support among members present, with his base visibly outnumbering the opposition.
Violence broke out after Fatoba’s camp allegedly sensed an imminent loss. Clashes between both groups forced an abrupt end to voting.
During the unrest, Ogunleye’s agent, Mr. Sunday, was assaulted. Another member, Mr. Femi Ogunleye, was reportedly beaten and his Tecno Spark 9 phone seized. A female supporter, Mrs. Oluwaseun Osamuwa, was also attacked and her Apple Smart Wrist Watch stolen. Both Mr. Femi Ogunleye and Mrs. Osamuwa sustained injuries and were rushed to hospital.
READ ALSO:Rumblings In APC Over Aborted Deal With Lawmakers
As of press time, no winner had emerged and the Ward 10 primary remained inconclusive.
The violence has renewed concerns over thuggery and intimidation in internal party elections. Party members and political observers say the incident raises serious questions about voters’ ability to freely choose candidates without fear.
Stakeholders are calling on security agencies and electoral authorities to probe the disruption, ensure justice for those attacked, and safeguard the credibility of future primaries.
Metro
My Wife Destroyed My Property, Instigated Our Children To Beat Me, Man Tells Court

The Grade A Customary Court, Court 2, sitting in Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, has delivered judgment in a divorce suit filed by a man, Theophilus, against his wife, Aina, whom she accused of lack of affection, frequent quarrels, and domestic violence.
According to Theophilus, Aina was stubborn and always insisted on having things her own way.
He further said that she was disobedient and refused to listen to him.
The plaintiff also told the court that the defendant was hostile towards their friends and neighbours, which often led to conflicts between them.
READ ALSO:My Wife Attempted Suicide, Turned Our Children Against Me ‘Cos I Suddenly Became Poor —Husband
He further claimed that Aina was violent and would attack him with any object within her reach during disagreements.
In addition, he accused her of destroying his property whenever they had differences.
Theophilus also explained that Aina turned their children against him.
He stated that they assaulted him and damaged his belongings.
He told the court that he eventually left their home because he feared for his safety and believed that the defendant intended to harm him.
READ ALSO:My Husband Is A Figurehead, I Feed Our Five Children, Pay Their Fees
The plaintiff therefore appealed to the court to dissolve their marriage and also requested an order restraining Aina from threatening him or interfering with his privacy.
Aina was absent from court despite being served court summons.
Theophilus, while giving his testimony before the court, stated, “I have not enjoyed peace or rest of mind since I married my wife.
“I paid her bride price to her family, but they rejected it.
“My wife is far from being a virtuous woman.
“She was never submissive and was always full of herself.
READ ALSO:My Wife Of 22yrs Denies Me Sex —Husband
“She had no respect for me and disobeyed my instructions whenever she wished.
“She neither listened to me nor accepted my advice.
“My wife was also violent.
“During disagreements, she attacked me with any dangerous object she could lay her hands on.
“On three different occasions, Aina destroyed my property.
“Our neighbours and friends were not exempt from her hostility.
READ ALSO:Man Jumped To His Death To Avoid Being Caught By Lover’s Husband
“She was constantly at loggerheads with them and fought with them on several occasions.
“My wife also turned our children against me.
“They beat me mercilessly and nearly killed me.
“They also destroyed my belongings.
“I left the house after the incident because it became obvious that my wife wanted me dead.
READ ALSO:My Husband Is A Figurehead, I Feed Our Five Children, Pay Their Fees
“I came to court to seek the dissolution of our marriage because my wife’s presence in my life has brought me nothing but pain and suffering.
“I sincerely appeal to the court to dissolve our marriage.
“I also request an order restraining her from threatening me or interfering with my privacy.”
The Court President, Mrs. O. E. Owoseni, while delivering judgment, stated that there was no valid marriage to dissolve because no marital rites were performed, and no bride price was paid.
Owoseni also issued an order restraining the defendant from threatening or interfering with the plaintiff’s private life
Metro
‘I Have Nowhere To Go, He Married Me At 14yrs Old, Now He Wants Divorce 30yrs After’

A 44-year-old woman, Zainab Isah, has told a Shari’a Court 1 sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna, Kaduna State, that she had nowhere to go after her divorce from her husband, Alhaji Abdulhamid.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Zainab told the court that Abdulhamid married her when she was 14 years old.
“I have been married to him for 30 years now and our union is blessed with 10 children,” she stated.
She further said that her husband divorced her on January 1.
READ ALSO:My Husband Disappeared From Home For Six Years, Left Me, Our Children To Starve — Wife
“I am yet to complete my waiting period (Iddah), as required under Islam.
“I lived in peace with my co-wives but I can’t leave my children for them; three of my children are sick,” she said.
Earlier , Abdulrashid Musa, counsel to Abdulhamid, prayed the court to compel Zainab to leave his house since they were no longer married.
He said he had issued two pronouncement of divorce to the defendant.
READ ALSO:After Divorce, She Became A Tenant In My House —Ex-husband
The first, he said was pronounced on December 29, 2025, adding that she had finished her Iddah.
He stated that all efforts made by him to ensure she leaves his house, failed.
He alleged that she was causing trouble for his other wives.
READ ALSO:My Wife Swore To Kill Me, Stopped Cooking For Me — Husband
The complainant however, told the court that he was ready to pay for his ex wife’s rent when she gets a new place to live with her children.
The judge, Malam Mu’awiya Shehu said the rights of a woman for shelter, feeding and other provisions by the husband ends when divorce occur adding that only the children have the right to be taken care of .
He adjourned the matter to June 1 for the defendant to find a new place she can relocate to with her children.
Politics5 days agoFubara Clears Air On ‘Defection’ To NDC [VIDEO]
News4 days agoGun Battle In Oyo Forest As Police Disrupt ₦10m Ransom Collection Plot
Politics3 days agoFour Fubara Loyalists Disqualified As APC Clears 21 For Rivers Reps Primaries
News5 days agoEx-power Minister Jailed 75 Years Over Fraud
Metro4 days agoDrama As Teenagers Stage Secret Wedding With N3,000 Bride Price
News3 days agoLagos Sanctions 15 Money Lending Companies For Sharp Practices
Politics3 days ago2027: Court Rebukes Plaintiff, Lawyer In Suit Against Jonathan, Awards N1m Fine
Politics5 days ago2027: Daniel-Abiodun Feud Deepens Over Senatorial Ticket For Ogun East
News4 days agoPAP Sends Additional 15 Scholarship Beneficiaries For Post-Graduate Studies In UK
Politics5 days ago2027: APC Clears Delta Speaker, Disqualifies 36 Aspirants
















