Business
NIN Enrollment: Telecom Operators Get NIMC Enrolment Licences

Mobile network operators (MNOs) on Wednesday says they have received enrollment and verification licences from the Federal Government.
The development followed the stampede that was witnessed at the registration centres of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) across the country earlier this week.
Communications and Digital Economy Minister, Dr Ibrahim Pantami, had directed the MNOs to deactivate SIMs not linked with NINs and threatened hefty sanctions to non-complaint operators including withdrawal of operating licence.
READ ALSO: Police Nab Two For Allegedly Hiding Human Head In Tank
Acting under the aegis of the Association of Licensed Telecoms Operators of Nigeria (ALTON), the group said it will continue to work with the Federal Government to ensure the success of the directive to deactivate subscriber identity modules (SIMs) not linked with their owners National Identity Number (NIN).
Its spokesman, Kayode Adegoke, said, “NIMC would like to assure the public that there have been no such breaches or incidents. Investigations on the alleged data dump were found to be non-existent in the National Identity Database.
NIMC on Wednesday dismissed as fake, news that its data base had been breached by hackers.
He said, “The Commission investigated the data breach claim and found out that the database schema presented by the adversary does not tally with the existing schema of NIMC records. The data being posted by criminals purporting to contain citizens’ information is fake.
READ ALSO: BREAKING: Gunmen Kidnap Edo State Head of Service
“The NIMC guarantees the security of the National Identity Database through various layers of security and can assure that no data was breached.
“The members of the general public are, therefore, enjoined to refrain from spreading false reports on the purported data breach.”
(NATION)
Business
NNPCL Revenue, Profit Soar To N5.08tn, N447bn In October

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited has announced a significant revenue increase to N5.078 trillion for October 2025.
The state-owned firm disclosed this in its monthly financial report released on Saturday.
According to the financial report, from N5.078 revenue in October, the company posted a N447 profit after tax.
READ ALSO:N5bn Damage: NNPCL Secures Appeal Court Victory Against Ararume
The figure represents a significant 19.2 percent increase in revenue from N4.26 trillion and a 106 percent rise in PAT from N216 billion in September 2025.
The report stated that from January to September, NNPCL paid N11.150 trillion in statutory payments to the federation.
Four days ago, NNPCL posted a total of N45.1 trillion as total revenue for the 2024 financial year.
Business
NNPCL Reveals Reason Behind N5.4trn Profit After Tax

The Group Chief Executive Officer of Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, NNPCL, Bayo Ojulari, has explained that the state-owned firm’s N5.4 trillion profit after tax declaration in its 2024 financial statements indicates that the country has begun to reap the benefits of the Petroleum Industry Act.
He made this explanation in an interview released on NNPCL’s X account on Friday.
Recall that NNPCL declared a significant N5.4 trillion PAT from a total revenue of N45.1 trillion in 2024.
READ ALSO:N5bn Damage: NNPCL Secures Appeal Court Victory Against Ararume
Reacting, Ojulari said the earnings result demonstrated the state-owned firm’s commitment to transparency.
“This earning is our first step in going out there to make ourselves more visible and demonstrate our commitment towards transparency. The profit of N5.4 trillion is quite significant. What that indicates is that we are beginning to reap the benefits of the Petroleum Industry Act.”
According to DAILY POST, since Ojulari’s appointment in April 2025, NNPCL has been consistent in making its monthly financial records public.
Business
CBN Directs Nigerian Banks To Withdraw Misleading Advertisement

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has directed Nigerian banks, payment service banks and other financial institutions to immediately withdraw all advertisements that violate consumer-protection rules.
The directive, issued in a circular dated Thursday and signed by Olubunmi Ayodele-Oni, director of the CBN’s compliance department, followed a review of marketing practices in the financial sector.
The apex bank said the assessment revealed inconsistencies in how institutions apply disclosure, transparency and fair-marketing requirements.
READ ALSO:CBN Retains Interest Rate At 27%
The CBN ordered the removal of all non-compliant adverts and warned that future promotional materials must be factual, balanced and transparent.
It banned misleading claims, exaggerated benefits, incomplete information, unaudited financial results and comparative language that could de-market competitors.
The regulator of Nigeria’s financial sector also prohibited chance-based promotional inducements such as lotteries, prize draws and lucky dips.
Accordingly, institutions submitting adverts for prior notification must now include campaign timelines, creative materials, target audience details and written confirmation of internal legal and compliance clearance, along with proof that the underlying product has CBN approval.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: EFCC Summons Ex-AGF Malami For Questioning
The bank clarified that such notifications are only for monitoring and do not amount to approval.
All affected institutions must file a compliance attestation within 30 days, signed by the chief executive and compliance leads.
The CBN added that beginning January 2026, it will conduct a follow-up review and apply sanctions for violations under BOFIA 2020 and the Consumer Protection Regulations.
News4 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News4 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Metro3 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
Headline4 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
News3 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
Metro3 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
News4 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
News3 days agoOkpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
Politics5 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
Metro4 days agoTrain Attack: Terrorist Leader Gave Mamu N50m From Ransom — DSS Operative












