Connect with us

Metro

Ondo Amotekun Arrests Man For Kidnapping Eight-year-old

Published

on

The Ondo State Security Network Agency, also known as Amotekun, has arrested a scavenger, whose identity has not been revealed, for allegedly kidnapping an eight-year-old girl in Akure, the state capital.

The suspect allegedly hit the victim with a charm and put her in a sack but was arrested by the residents of the area while trying to escape.

The state Amotekun Commander , Adetunji Adeleye, while speaking on the incident on Friday, said the suspect pretended to be a scavenger to carry out the dastardly act.

Advertisement

The commander said the suspect would be charged to court after the completion of an investigation into the matter.

READ ALSO: ‘We Feel Special, Connected’- Five African-American Women Trace Roots Back To Calabar

Adeleye said, “The suspect pretended to be a scavenger picking rubbles, but luckily, the grandmother of the child heard the cry of the girl and when they looked round, they saw somebody stepping away with the child inside a sack.

“So, when they raised the alarm, he attacked them with different objects including a burning firewood he picked from a woman cooking nearby, but they were able to quickly alert Amotekun operatives and he was arrested.

Advertisement

“Upon interrogation, we discovered that he is actually a kidnapper and he confessed that he has been in the trade for a while. Investigation continues on his case before we would finally hand him over to the court.

“We would like to know his sponsors, those who are his bosses, what he does with the previous ones he had successfully taken away before his arrest today.

READ ALSO: 10 Profitable Business Ideas For Introverts

“Luckily, the victim child is mentally okay and the grandmother, despite the degree of the injury she sustained from the firewood attack, is equally responding to treatment from our health facility. ”

Advertisement

Speaking, the father of the victim, simply identified as James, said the cry of the victim attracted his mother who raised the alarm.

He said, “My little daughter who is eight years old came out, that she wants to use the toilet and I asked her to go to the backyard to do that.Her incessant cries attracted my mother’s attention who went to the backyard and confirmed that a man whom we mistook for a scavenger had kidnapped and hidden her inside a sac bag.

“It was my mother’s shout for help that made me went to check what was really going on and when I got there he had hit my mother with a heavy wood on her chest while she was struggling to rescue my child from him.

READ ALSO: Insecurity: Tinubu Mulls Deployment Of Forest Guards

Advertisement

“The kidnapper continued to attack whoever attempts to rescue my child but I held on to him, preventing him from escaping. It was a bike man who saw the scene, that went to alert Amotekun Corps who swiftly arrived the scene and arrested the suspected kidnapper.”

The security outfit also paraded no fewer than 29 suspects arrested for being involved in various criminal activities in the state on Monday.

Amotekun had last month arraigned a 72-year-old, Mohammadu Basiru, before a state magistrate’s court for kidnapping.

Mohammadu, who was a security man on a farm in an Owo community, and others still at large conspired to kidnap two persons including his boss.

Advertisement

Metro

Former Borno Deputy Governor’s Daughter Loses Husband 5 Months After Wedding[PHOTOS]

Published

on

Yasmin, the daughter of former Borno State Deputy Gov. Adamu Shettima Yuguda Dibal, has lost her husband, Abdulrahman Sabo Maina, five months after their wedding.

Abdulrahman passed away on Sunday morning, July 14, 2024.

The couple got married in February 2024.

Advertisement

Family members, friends and the couple’s wedding photographer, Maigaskiya Studio, confirmed the sad news on social media.

READ ALSO:: Secret Service k!ll Man Who Shot At Trump In Failed Ass@ssination Attempt [VIDEO]

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

JUST IN: Gunmen Kill One, Kidnap Four In Anambra

Published

on

No fewer than four unidentified individuals were kidnapped, and one known person was killed by gunmen in Anambra state on Saturday night.

The incidents occurred at various locations within the state without any visible security presence.

It was gathered that at Ifite Awka, near the Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) gate, two people were abducted after gunmen fired shots.

Advertisement

The report also has it that another person was kidnapped in the evening on Peter Obi’s Agulu-Oraukwu Road.

It was learnt that the most distressing incident took place at night in Oye Market, Nimo, Njikoka local government area, where another individual was taken by the gunmen.

In Enuavomimi village, Enugwu-Ukwu, also in Njikoka, a man identified as Clement Eduzor was killed by the assailants.

Reports also indicated that in each location, the gunmen fired sporadically before abducting their victims.

Advertisement

Residents have criticized the police, accusing them of arriving only after the incidents had occurred.

The state police public relations officer, Ikenga Tochukwu, confirmed that one of the incidents but did not comment on the others.

In his reaction, Ikenga, said through a statement on Sunday, July 14, in Awka, that the command was responding to the incident at Ifite-Awka

READ ALSO: Ex-Rep Rejects Membership Of Edo APC Gov Campaign Council

Advertisement

He said: “The Commissioner of Police Anambra State, Nnaghe Obono Itam states that efforts are ongoing to arrest the assailants and rescue the victims of the abduction incident on 13/7/2024 captured in a video along Ifite – Amansea road, Awka.

“Meanwhile, the Police responding team recovered the abandoned victim’s vehicle, and joint security measures/personnel positioning are already in place to forestall such related incidents in the state.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Why I Convinced My Wife To Sell Our Baby — Suspect

Published

on

A 28-year-old man, yesterday, narrated how he convinced his wife to sell their two-year-old baby to raise money for him to travel out of the country.

The father of one, a labourer, identified as Uchenna Eziekwe and his wife, Chineye (22), were arrested while enquiring how to sell their baby boy at the Isolo General Hospital, Lagos.
Explaining how they were arrested, a spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, Benjamin Hudenyin, revealed that the arrest was effected on July 9, 2024.

He said: “About 2:45 p.m., on Tuesday, the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in charge of Isolo Police Station received information that a couple went to the Isolo General Hospital, declaring their intention to sell their baby boy.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Russian Oil Depot Gutted By Fire After Ukrainian Drone Attack

“Upon receipt of the information, operatives from the division moved swiftly to the hospital, where Uchenna Eziekwe and Chineye Eziekwe were about to sell their child. The baby was rescued. Upon interrogation, the couple said they decided to sell the baby to enable the man to travel to Canada for greener pastures. However, investigation is ongoing.”

Speaking with journalists, Eziekwe said the decision to sell the child was his, attributing his action to the harsh economy.

He said: “It was a difficult decision, but we had no choice but to sell our baby. We felt it would be better to sell him to someone who can take care of him than to allow him to die of hunger.
“I muted the idea and convinced my wife. We had to do it because of hardship. I am a labourer, I go to construction sites to look for work while my wife does nothing. Like I said, it was a hard decision.”

Advertisement

 

Continue Reading

Trending