Connect with us

Politics

Ondo Deputy Gov Breaks Silence On Rumoured Resignation

Published

on

The Ondo State Deputy Governor, Mr Lucky Aiyedatiwa, on Friday, denied signing a pre-resignation letter as rumoured in some quarters.

Aiyedatiwa said he knew nothing about the purported letter of resignation which was reportedly being circulated on social media in recent times. He declared that he did not resign from his position as the number two man in the state and had no intention of doing so.

This was contained in a statement he issued on Friday. The statement was tiled, ‘repurported pre-signed resignation letter’.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Akeredolu Sacks Deputy Gov Media Aides

The statement read, “My attention has been drawn to a rumour of a purported pre-signed resignation letter, signed by me, being circulated in the public domain.

“I wish to state that I, Lucky Orimisan Aiyedatiwa, the Deputy Governor of Ondo State have not, do not intend and will not sign/author any letter resigning my position as the duly elected Deputy Governor in a joint ticket with my principal the Governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu SAN, CON

Advertisement

“I took an oath the day I was sworn in along with Mr. Governor on February 24th, 2021 to protect the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on a four-year mandate which terminates on February 23rd, 2025, remain loyal to my Principal and stand by the oath taken with the Bible to run the full cycle of the four-year tenure with Mr. Governor.

He urged the people of Ondo State as the State Assembly as well as the general public to disregard such letters “now and in the future.”

The media aides of the embattled deputy governor were relieved of their positions earlier in the week.

Advertisement

This was made known in a statement issued by Chief Press Secretary to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Richard Olatunde.

Politics

Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Published

on

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.

Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.

Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll

Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”

Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Published

on

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.

Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.

According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director

He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.

He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.

Advertisement

“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”

Continue Reading

Politics

JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Published

on

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.

El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa

Advertisement

In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.

“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending