Connect with us

Politics

OPINION: Obaseki, Asue, PDP Hunted By Ghost Of Their #EndBadGovernance Protest In Edo

Published

on

The continued rehash of phantom puny stories by Governor Godwin Obaseki and his godson, Asue Ighodalo, is a reflection of their fear of reprisals from Edo State people who recently capitalized on the End Bad Governance protest that was sponsored by Obaseki against President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to search for their hinden palliatives which the governor stored in the houses of PDP leaders.

Edo people will recall how the governor organized the anti-federal government protest at Oba Ovoranmwen Square with N200 million, all in his bid to demonize Tinubu and APC and punish Edo people who he has deprived of their palliatives.

But contrary to Obaseki’s expectation, while he was addressing his PDP members and political aides he gathered as protesters, the real protesters heeded the call by APC to locate their rice and other palliatives hidden in Edo State Government warehouses and houses of PDP members.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Tinubu Makes Fresh Appointment Amidst #EndBadGovernance Protest

The real protesters that were present in Ovoranmwen square hurled water sachets at Obaseki while some called him “useless man.” Since our charge to Edo people to take back their rice, over four warehouses and private homes have been bursted by hungry men and women to collect what rightly belongs to them.

The fear of losing the entire hidden grains had led to Obaseki’s sudden hatred for organisers of the protest who he now calls, hoodlums and thugs. Same group of persons he praised for causing hardship on the streets of Edo State.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: APC Stalwart Asks Akpabio To Resign Over Comments Against Protesters

Obaseki and Ighodalo’s incessant noise is a cover up for the grand economic corruption the two friends have committed against Edo people.

It is also a panic measure by them to curry support in the face of impending disqualification of PDP and its candidate by the Independent National Electoral Commission, over the forging of voter’s card.

Advertisement

Finally, the APC in Edo is using this medium to notify our people that Obaseki only yesterday, applied and got the approval of Edo State House of Assembly to borrow N8.550 billion for the purchase of his imaginary CNG buses. We reject the fresh loan on the heels of N11.1 billion Obaseki received from the Federal Account in the month of June.

Asue is a worse version of Obaseki, therefore, Edo people must do everything to reject PDP at the polls on September 21, 2024.

Comrade Orobosa Omo-Ojo is the
Director of Publicity,
Edo APC Governorship Campaign Council

Advertisement

Politics

Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Published

on

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.

Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.

Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll

Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”

Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Published

on

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.

Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.

According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director

He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.

He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.

Advertisement

“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”

Continue Reading

Politics

JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Published

on

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.

El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa

Advertisement

In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.

“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending