Connect with us

News

Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Ize-Iyamu Talks Tough, Says ‘We Will Resist Attempt To Rubbish Him’

Published

on

A top aspirant in the forthcoming gobernorship election in Edo State, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, Thursday March 5, vowed that members of the All Progressives Congress in Edo State and the good people of the state would resist any attempt to redicule Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

Ize-Iyamu, who was, in a press briefing, reacting to a court order suspending Oshiomhole as national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Benin, said the people of Edo appreciate and value him (Adams) because he has done very well in the state.

Advertisement

Oshiomhole’s suspension by the court was on the premise that he had been suspended at his ward level, but the suspension has been so far put aside by a Federal High Court sitting in Kano.

READ ALSO: Just In: Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman

According to Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole is an asset to the APC in Edo State and Nigeria at large hence it’s rediculous for three out of 27 persons in a ward to sign a letter of suspension and it should be granted.

Advertisement

He noted that a ward executives cannot sack a local government party chairman let alone national chairman, adding that a ward executives is just a fraction of several wards that made up a local government hence such decision cannot stand.

Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu addressing the press on Thursday in Benin City

He said, “We are aware that some persons from his ward went to court, seeking to remove him. It may be interesting for you to know that the so called letter of suspension from the ward was signed by only three persons in an executive at ward level where we have 27 members. So, you can imagine how rediculous it is to rely on a document signed by only three out of 27 persons.

READ ALSO: Clark Wants NASS To Stop Foreign Education For Repentant Terrorists

“Many of us know here that a ward executives cannot even sack a local government party chairman because the ward is just one among many wards in the local government, the same vein a local government executives cannot dream of sacking a state chairman because the state chairman controls many local governments.

Advertisement

“We want to make it clear that we will resist any attempt by anybody to rubbish him (Oshiomhole). We have said it over and over again that our disposition to peace should not be mistaken for weakness. We want to also say that those who are threatening crushing, demolishing do not have the capacity to sustain it.”

READ ALSO: COVID-19 : Imo Govt Tasks Journalists On Improved Collaboration To Fight Epidemic

Ize-Iyamu, who said he was addressing the press on behalf of other gobernorship aspirants and their supporters, said contrary to insinuations in some quarters, the people of Edo are solidly behind Oshiomhole and that those in his local government, Etsako West, too are solidly behind him and love him so much.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

News

Abducted Ondo Monarch Regains Freedom

Published

on

By

The monarch of Oso Ajowa Akoko in in Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Clement Jimoh, who was kidnapped, has regained freedom.

The traditional ruler, who was abducted in his palace, was set free by the bandits after he had spent seven days in their den.

Advertisement

According to a family source, the monarch was freed on Wednesday evening and he had been taken to the hospital where he was receiving treatment.

READ ALSO: Gunmen Kidnap Ondo Monarch, Police Launch Probe

Kabiyesi regained freedom yesterday (Wednesday) evening but he has been taken to the hospital for treatment,” the source stated.

Advertisement

Details later…

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Withdrawal Limits: Senate Raises Concerns, To Debate New CBN

Published

on

By

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

Advertisement

The Senate has raised concerns about the latest Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) policy on cash withdrawals.

Senate Minority Leader Phillip Aduda in a point of order during plenary on Wednesday called the attention of his colleagues to the new policy and demanded for caution as it will affect many Nigerians, especially small business owners.

In his response, Senate President Ahmad Lawan cautions the CBN not to approach the policy by jumping into it at once as many Nigerians will be affected.

Advertisement

He further noted that there is a need to engage the CBN in discussions to get more details of the policy and he directs the committee on banking to discuss this matter during the screening of the CBN Deputy Governors expected to hold before next week.

The Senate has set next Tuesday to debate the new CBN policy.

Under the new withdrawal policy, the CBN restricted the maximum cash withdrawal over the counter (OTC) by individuals and corporate organisations per week to N100,000 and N500,000 respectively.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: CBN’s New Policy Will Lead To More Job Losses, Disorganize Businesses – University Don

The CBN stated, however, that withdrawals above the thresholds would attract processing fees of 5 per cent and 10 per cent respectively for individuals and corporate entities going forward.

In addition, third-party cheques above N50,000 shall not be eligible for OTC payment while extant limits of N10 million on clearing cheques still remain.

Advertisement

The new withdrawal regime further pegged the maximum cash withdrawal per week via Automated teller Machine (ATM) at N100,000 subject to a maximum of N20,000 cash withdrawal per day.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

IGP Launches Portal To Report Stolen Vehicles

Published

on

By

As precautionary measures to tackle vehicle theft, the Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, has launched a platform for Nigerians to report cases of stolen vehicles.

Force Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, who disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday, said the digitalized platform – Central Motor Registry (CMR) – successfully completed and commissioned by the IGP is situated at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Advertisement

He said the platform launch followed the “IGP’s quest to ensure a digital environment for policing the country for robust and more proactive measures in crime prevention, investigation, and prosecution.”

“The newly digitalized Central Motor Registry Command Centre will make it possible for members of the public to report vehicles stolen from as far back as 1st January, 2018, and yet-to-be-recovered to input the vehicle details on the online platform to serve as a reliable data point for the possible recovery of the vehicle,” he stated.

“The platform will also process motor vehicle information to support police operations and efforts toward enhancing national security.”

Advertisement

READ ALSO: APC, PDP, LP Chieftains In Heated Debate Over Nigeria’s Economic Woes

With the CMR having two Command Centres in Abuja and Lagos, Adejobi said 37 Information Centres are located across the Country and in the Federal Capital Territory, with 200 e-Enforcement Operational Patrol Vehicles with automatic number plate recognition on each vehicle as part of the first batch.

He also asked Nigerians and other residents in the country to take advantage of the platform at https://reportcmr.npf.gov.ng to upload their vehicle information on the website with effect from today 7th December, 2022, as a security step for preventing it from being stolen and re-registered.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending