Connect with us

Politics

PEPT: You Should’ve Emulated Jonathan – Ben Bruce To Obi, Atiku

Published

on

Former federal lawmaker, Ben Murray Bruce has said that Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and his Labour Party, LP, counterpart, Peter Obi, should not have gone to court to challenge the victory of the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu in the first place.

The Bayelsa-born former lawmaker was reacting to the victory of Tinubu at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal on Wednesday.

Atiku and Peter Obi are challenging the declaration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the winner of the 2023 presidential election by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Again, Navy Destroys Vessel Loaded With Diesel In Rivers

They suffered a major setback on Wednesday in the legal battle to unseat Tinubu as Nigeria’s elected President.

Both men are now heading to the Supreme Court where the matter would be laid to rest, but Ben Murray-Bruce felt they should not have started the journey at all.

Advertisement

According to him, the politicians should have saved themselves the trouble by emulating former President Goodluck Jonathan, who in 2015, picked up his phone and congratulated Muhammadu Buhari even before the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, announced the final results.

READ ALSO: PEPC: Obi Absent In court As Tribunal Delivers Judgement

According to Bruce, there should be no need to further waste time and resources once the electoral umpire has declared the winner of an election.

Advertisement

We must follow the Jonathan doctrine and accept the people’s verdict in the interest of democracy and the nation,” he wrote on X.

Our elections don’t have to end in the courts,” he insisted.

The PDP chieftain further advised that the aggrieved politicians should accept the Tribunal verdict and place national interest above self-interest.

Advertisement

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, @officialABAT, is the duly elected and undisputed President of Nigeria, @NGRPresident,” he said, adding that there should be no further doubts and dispute after the judgement.

Politics

Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Published

on

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.

Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.

Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll

Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”

Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Published

on

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.

Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.

According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director

He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.

He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.

Advertisement

“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”

Continue Reading

Politics

JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Published

on

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.

El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa

Advertisement

In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.

“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending