Politics
‘Peter Obi Planning To Dump LP, Join Forces With El-Rufai’

Ex-spokesperson for the Atiku/Okowa Presidential Campaign Organisation, Daniel Bwala, has alleged an ongoing plot by the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 Presidential Election, Peter Obi, to dump LP and join immediate past Kaduna Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, in the Social Democratic Party (SDP).
In a post on his X handle on Friday, Bwala alleged that Obi was perfecting plans to take leave of the LP as a result of the seemingly intractable conflict between the party leadership and the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC).
Recall that Obi, a former Governor of Anambra State, dumped the Peoples Democratic Party to join the LP in May 2023 ahead of the 2023 general elections.
Bwala, in a post on his X handle. wrote, “Peter Obi @PeterObi allegedly planning to unite with El-rufai @elrufai in Social Democratic Party as Nigerian Labour Congress set to take ownership and custody of their political party, the @NgLabour.
READ ALSO: Teenager Stabs Foster Mother To Death In Ondo
“Recall that there was a judgment of court that states that Nigeria Labour Congress owns Labour Party. NLC is now prepared to take custody of that party.
“Twist and turns in the coming days. But all that will not give sleepless night to @officialABAT who himself has his magic wands to wield.”
Contacted, Chief Spokesman for the Obi/ Datti Presidential Campaign, Dr. Yunusa Tanko dismissed Bwala’s assertion as “a figment of his immagination.”
He said, “Ordinarily, we wouldn’t respond to this fiction. he (Bwala) is a politician who wants to remain relevant in the scheme of things. We’ve responded to the false narrative of our leader leaving the Labour Party in the past, this position has not changed.”
READ ALSO: N2.3bn Suit: Davido Settles With Pinnick
El-Rufai was sighted at the national secretariat of the Social Democratic Party, in Abuja, on Wednesday.
The Ex-Kaduna State Governor and APC chieftain was sighted in a viral video on social media during his consultation visit to the national chairman of the SDP, Alhaji Shehu Gabam.
Not much was heard from El-Rufai after the Senate refused to confirm his ministerial nomination in 2023.
After the screening of the 49 ministerial nominees sent by President Bola Tinubu, the Senate also declined to confirm the appointment of former Deputy Governor of Taraba State and another ministerial nominee from the state, Senator Abubakar Danladi.
Senate President Godswill Akpabio, explained the Senate did not clear the nominees because of adverse security reports against them.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro3 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News4 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News5 days agoN6trn: Court Orders Tinubu To Publish NDDC Audit Report, Name Indicted Officials
News4 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
News4 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
Politics4 days agoJUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
News2 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News2 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Metro4 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
Headline2 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire















