Connect with us

Metro

Police Apprehend Lagos Hotelier For Alleged Sodomy

Published

on

The Zone 2 Police Command in Lagos State on Wednesday paraded a hotelier, simply identified as Macdonald, following his detention over allegations of having unlawful carnal knowledge of a male minor.

The Zonal Public Relations Officer (ZPRO), CSP Umma Ayuba, paraded the suspect before newsmen at the Command Headquarters, Onikan, Lagos.

Advertisement

Ayuba said that the suspect, who was the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Leuven Empire Hotel and Suites, Ejigbo, Lagos, allegedly committed an act against the order of nature.

According to her, the development follows a petition dated Jan. 23, submitted to the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Mr Adegoke Fayoade, by the father of the 16-year-old victim.

“The petition alleged that the suspect engaged in unlawful sexual acts with the minor.

Advertisement

“Upon receipt of the petition, Fayoade
assigned CSP. Bangajiya Uba to conduct a discreet investigation into the matter.

READ ALSO: Police Arrest Man Who Burnt 74-year-old Woman In Anambra

“The victim, initially fearful of speaking out due to threats allegedly made by the suspect, confided in his mother.

Advertisement

“He recounted that the suspect warned him that disclosing the incident would result in him losing his sanity, ” Ayuba said.

The Zonal Public Relations officer, Zone 2 Police Command, CSP Umma Ayuba, addressing newsmen at the Command Headquarters, Onikan, Lagos on Wednesday

The ZPRO said that having been reassured by his mother, the victim detailed how the suspect had sexual intercourse with him.

Advertisement

“The victim narrated how the suspect had taken him from the hotel in his vehicle to his residence at No. 4B, Oshoba Street, Akowonjo-Egbeda, Lagos, where he was forcefully subjected to unlawful sexual acts.

“Following the incident, the suspect allegedly provided the victim with a bottle of Lucozade Boost and N5000 cash.

READ ALSO: Tiger Woods Announces Death Of Mother, ‘My Biggest Fan’

Advertisement

“Upon this revelation, the victim’s parents reported the matter to the Isheri-Osun Police Division, ” Ayuba said.

The image maker said that investigations were initiated but rather than cooperating with law enforcement, the suspect refused to honour police invitations and instead attempted to manipulate the process.

“Seeing that the accused was seeking to evade justice, the victim’s father escalated the matter to the Zone 2 Command Headquarters, where the hotelier was subsequently apprehended.

Advertisement

“To ascertain the veracity of the claims, the victim underwent medical examination at Mirabel Medical Centre, ” She said.

Ayuba said that a close friend of the victim, who was present at the hotel on the day of the incident, also corroborated the allegations.

“This friend confirmed that the suspect had been engaging in unlawful acts with the victim and had also attempted a similar act with him, which he resisted.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: NiMET Predicts High Rainfall In May, June

“He further presented recorded telephone conversations, chat histories, and video evidence filmed by the victim within the suspect’s residence using the suspect’s own phone.

“Initially, the suspect denied knowing the victim. However, when confronted with evidence, he admitted to taking him to his residence.

Advertisement

“The suspect allegedly threatened the victim with psychological harm should he reveal the incident, and since making his confession, the victim has exhibited signs of mental distress,” She said.

The ZPRO said that investigations also uncovered unprofessional conduct by the initial Investigating Police Officer (IPO), who removed a key witness’ statement from the case file before transferring it to the Zone 2 Command Headquarters.

READ ALSO: Six Dead, Six Rescued In Kano Fire Outbreak

Advertisement

The IPO has since been detained and is undergoing disciplinary procedures.
Contrary to certain media reports, the medical report from Mirabel Medical Centre remains authentic and has not been tampered with in anyway, ” she said.

According to her, the victim is currently receiving medical care, and upon completion of investigations, the suspect will be formally charged in court.

She said that the suspect also lured five other teenagers to his hotel, where he sodomised them and warned the boys that they would die if they revealed the incident to anyone.

Advertisement

Ayuba said that AIG Fayoade urged parents and guardians to remain vigilant, closely monitor their children’s activities, and provide guidance to protect them from harmful influences.

 

Advertisement

Metro

Truck Crushes Man Rushing For Jumu’ah Prayers In Rivers

Published

on

A trailer loaded with goods has crushed a Muslim faithful rushing for Friday prayers to death in Port Harcourt.

According to Vanguard, the tragic incident happened on the ever-busy Nkpolu junction axis of the East-West road, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State, around 2:05 pm.

Advertisement

It was gathered that the victim was crossing the busy road when a black SUV on speed knocked him down and that the truck, which was on high speed, crushed him to death.

READ ALSO:US Struck Iran With B-2 Bombers, Submarine-launched Missiles – Top US General

A source, who witnessed the incident, narrated that the young man was behind some of his Muslim brothers, who were also going for the Friday prayers, when the incident happened.

Advertisement

The source, who gave his name simply as Tunde, said the other worshipers had crossed, but that the victim, who did not observe the traffic very well before entering the road, was knocked down by the vehicle.

READ ALSO:Rivers Staff, Pensioners Audit Sparks Outrage

The source said that when the SUV brought him down, a trailer that was on the speed lane ran over him, dismembering the body beyond recognition.

Advertisement

However, the Muslim faithful who were with him took over the highway in protest until police operatives arrived at the scene.

Meanwhile, the police restored normalcy while the protesting Muslims took the remains for burial.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Three Killed As Suspected Bandits Ambush Motorists In Kwara

Published

on

Gunmen suspected to be Fulani bandits have allegedly launched a deadly attack on motorists along the Rore and Aranorin communities in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, leaving at least three people dead.

The incident, which occurred on Thursday, threw residents and travellers into a state of panic as news of the killings spread across the area.

Advertisement

In a video obtained by SaharaReporters, the victims were seen lying lifeless on the roadside, their bodies partially covered with clothing and leaves by sympathisers who arrived at the scene after the attackers had fled.

Eyewitnesses told SaharaReporters that the armed men, believed to be operating from hideouts in nearby forests, opened fire on the unsuspecting motorists in what appeared to be a coordinated ambush.

READ ALSO:INEC Fixes Voter Registration Resumption Dates For Anambra Election, Nationwide

Advertisement

It remains unclear whether the attackers also abducted any victims during the assault, as details were still emerging as of Friday morning.

The attack is the latest in a growing wave of violence that has gripped Kwara State’s Ifelodun and Irepodun local government areas in recent months.

Communities such as Babanla, Shegbe, Ologomo, Alabe, and Oreke in Ifelodun Local Government have faced repeated attacks, forcing hundreds of residents to flee their ancestral homes.

Advertisement

Many victims have been kidnapped for ransom, while others have been killed in similar raids.

READ ALSO:27 Feared Dead In Kwara Boat Mishap

Residents expressed fears that the violence could escalate further unless urgent security measures are taken.

Advertisement

Some community leaders have called on both the state and federal governments to deploy more security personnel to the affected areas, noting that many villages have been left vulnerable as attacks continue unabated.

As of the time of filing this report, the Kwara State Police Command had yet to release an official statement on the incident.

However, sources indicate that security operatives have been mobilised to the area to prevent further violence and reassure residents.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Why Portable Was Remanded In Kwara Prison Revealed

On August 24, 2025, SaharaReporters reported that hours after Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq visited Babanla community in Ifelodun Local Government Area to reassure residents of improved security, suspected bandits abducted two people in the area.

The governor visited the area to reassure residents and restore a sense of security amid ongoing fears of banditry and kidnappings.

Advertisement

However, the criminals struck soon after his departure, highlighting the persistent threat and heightening tension in the community.

The incident reportedly threw residents into fresh panic despite earlier promises of tighter security measures.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Suspected Amasiri Warriors Invade Ebonyi Community, Behead Farmer Amid Land Dispute

Published

on

Tragedy struck on Tuesday, August 26, at Okporojo Idima, Oso Edda in the Edda Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, as armed warriors from neighbouring Amasiri community reportedly invaded the farmland of one Mr. Dike Nnachi, beheaded him, and took his head away as a trophy.

The attack marks a continuation of violent hostilities in the area, coming barely four months after the April invasion in which at least four people, including a pregnant woman and her 12-year-old son, were brutally killed.

Advertisement

That incident also left property worth millions of naira destroyed.

Residents told reporters that the latest killing has deepened fears across Oso Edda, as locals now question the effectiveness of the state government’s ongoing peace efforts.

READ ALSO:Two Die As Mining Pit Collapses In Ebonyi

Advertisement

The Governor of Ebonyi State, Francis Nwifuru, had, through the Ministry of Border Peace and Conflict Resolution, initiated dialogue between warring communities to stem the tide of violence.

However, Tuesday’s bloodshed is seen as a direct challenge to those peace moves.

Community leaders have called for urgent intervention, warning that unless decisive action is taken, the violence could escalate further, leaving more lives and property in jeopardy.

Advertisement

In April, renewed violence broke out over a longstanding land dispute between Ndukwe community in Amasiri, Afikpo Local Government Area, and Okporojo in Edda Local Government Area of the state.

READ ALSO:Radio Station Suspends GM For Criticising Ebonyi Gov

The hostilities left houses and properties worth millions of naira destroyed, as attackers, reportedly from Amasiri, launched assaults on Okporojo.

Advertisement

The worsening security situation forced many residents of Edda to abandon the Amasiri road, opting instead to travel through Afikpo town due to fear of further attacks.

Although previous administrations attempted to resolve the crisis, including the release of a white paper based on a government committee’s recommendations, implementation has reportedly stalled, allowing the conflict to fester and violence to recur.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending