Connect with us

News

Police Arrest 14 In Plateau For Violating Curfew

Published

on

The Plateau State Command says it has arrested 14 suspected violators of the 24-hour curfew earlier imposed in Jos, the state capital, and its environs.

The state Commissioner of Police, Emmanuel Adesina, disclosed this shortly after the State Security Council meeting on Monday in Jos.

Advertisement

The state government on Sunday imposed a 24-hour curfew in the Jos-Bukuru metropolis, following the outbreak of violence and looting by some protesters in the Jos North Local Government Area of the state.

READ ALSO: Russia Speaks On Use Of Its Flag By #EndBadGovernance Protesters

Adesina said that the activities of miscreants, who hijacked the peaceful protest in the state, forced the state government to impose the 24-hour curfew.

Advertisement

As you all know, the nationwide protest in the state was going on peacefully, until yesterday when some miscreants hijacked it and started looting public and private assets in the state.

“The state government immediately imposed a curfew to curtail activities of the miscreants; the curfew is still in place.

“Our resolution of this meeting is that we shall fully and vigorously enforce the curfew; anyone caught violating it will be prosecuted.

Advertisement

”So far, we have arrested 14 violators and we want to warn residents to stay indoors pending when the curfew is reviewed by government,” he warned.

READ ALSO: JUST IN: Reps Dissolve Committee Investigating Adulterated Fuel Import, Others

On his part, the governor’s Special Adviser on Security, Brig.-Gen. Gakji Shipi (retd.), called on residents of the state to eschew violence and give peace a chance.

Advertisement

“This government is doing everything possible to ensure Plateau is peaceful but the bad eggs among us will not relent in tarnishing our good image.

“We want to appeal to all citizens to eschew all forms of violence and explore peaceful means of coexistence; our citizens should desist from incitement.

“As a government, we will continue to support the security agencies in their bid toward a peaceful and virile Plateau,” Shipi said.

Advertisement

NAN reports that the security meeting was presided over by Governor Caleb Mutfwang.

NAN

 

Advertisement

News

BREAKING: Former Inspector-General Of Police, Solomon Arase, Is Dead

Published

on

Former Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Solomon Arase has passed away at Cedarcrest Hospital in Abuja.

As of the time of filing this report, neither his family nor the Nigeria Police Force has issued an official statement confirming the development.Japan trip

Advertisement

Arase, who served as Nigeria’s 18th Inspector-General of Police, was later appointed Chairman of the Police Service Commission (PSC).Japan trip

READ ALSO: Russia Hits Ukraine With ‘Massive’ Deadly Overnight Strikes

Before becoming IGP, he headed the Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Bureau, the police force’s top intelligence unit.

Advertisement

Born on June 21, 1956, in Owan West Local Government Area of Edo State, Arase studied Political Science at Ahmadu Bello University, graduating in 1980, and joined the Nigeria Police Force on December 1, 1981.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Shock As Adeleke Employs Roadside puff-puff Hawker As Govt House Chef

Published

on

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, on Thursday shocked a female puff-puff seller during a rally in Osogbo by buying all her snacks with ₦50,000 and offering her employment as a chef at the Government House.

This happened when Osun public servants trooped out in their thousands in what they called an appreciation solidarity rally in support of the governor for his support and care since he took over state governance.

Advertisement

It was observed that the governor, who sat in the bus, had sighted the woman who was among the crowd cheering him.

He immediately beckoned to the woman carrying a plastic container filled with puff-puff on her head and asked how much it would cost to buy all the snacks.

READ ALSO:Adeleke Flies To US For Davido’s Wedding

Advertisement

The female hawker, who was visibly surprised and star-struck at the level of her proximity to the governor, found it difficult to even tell the governor how much she sold the snacks.

Surprisingly, Adeleke handed her a bundle of ₦50,000 to the cheers of the crowd.

The lucky woman knelt down in appreciation of the governor’s generosity.

Advertisement

Excited onlookers quickly rushed to share the snacks in the plastic already purchased by the governor.

READ ALSO:Tinubu Hosts Gov Adeleke, Deji Adeleke, Davido In Lagos

The governor invited the vendor inside the vehicle where one of his officials questioned her academic background, and she revealed that she holds a Nigerian Certificate in Education.

Advertisement

Adeleke further asked about the dishes she could prepare and instructed his aides to take her contact details for employment as a chef in the Government House.

Confirming the development, the Commissioner II at the Osun State Civil Service Commission, Olaniyan Taofeek, shared the video on X (formerly Twitter), writing: “The moment Gov. Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller into a Government House chef.”

READ ALSO:It’s Like He Came Back – Davido Discloses Son’s Resemblance To Late Ifeanyi Adeleke

Advertisement

A Special Assistant to the Governor on Digital Media, Oni Gbenga Lawrence, also corroborated the incident in a post on X, stating: “Moment Governor Ademola Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller to Government Chef… not only ₦50k but he invited her into his car and employed her as chef in the Government House.”

The Guardian correspondent, who was at the scene of the welcome rally, made efforts to interview the lucky vendor, but they did not yield as she was not allowed to alight from the bus throughout the event.
(The Guardian)

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Katsina Govt Revokes Licenses Of All Private, Community Schools

Published

on

The Katsina State Government has withdrawn the operating licenses of all private and community schools in the state, with effect from August 13, 2025.

The announcement came through a circular issued by the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education and signed by Commissioner Hajiya Zainab Musa-Musawa.

Advertisement

The ministry’s Public Relations Officer, Malam Sani Danjuma, released the document in Katsina on Saturday.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Kastina Commissioner Assassinated

According to the circular, the move is part of the government’s effort to strengthen quality assurance and standardization within the education sector.

Advertisement

The withdrawal of licenses is aimed at ensuring that schools operate in line with approved standards and provide quality education to students,” Danjuma said.

The circular also outlined a review of fees for license application, registration, and annual renewal.

READ ALSO:Katsina, UNDP To Return 270,000 IDPs To Ancestral Homes

Advertisement

“Owners of affected schools are required to obtain fresh licenses by submitting proof of payment to the ministry on or before September 30, 2025.”

The statement also added that school operators have been warned not to increase tuition or other charges without government approval.

The ministry further promised to issue additional guidelines soon, including categorization of schools and the revised fee structure.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending